What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

MKCS

Juniors
Admittedly I'm not following this anywhere else but here really but I'm sure a couple of months back there was an article saying that the Roosters would have to let go of at least one star player to retain JWH, SST, Friend, Manu and Latrell.

I know they've signed JWH, SST and Manu to deals but if that article was correct that would imply the Roosters have a choice between Jake and Latrell. I think this wasn't a case of "We can't afford you" but a case of "We don't want you and would prefer Friend"

Rough for Latrell. I don't know how he will go at the Tigers.

Lambretta

First Grade
If he really wants to stay at the roosters he should just table the contract talk for now and focus on having a huge 2020. The roosters can work it out if he gives them a reason to and if not he couldn't end up in a worse position then he is now.

This is his best option

Absolutely go great guns, get back into the NSW Blues: win them a series on his own and have every club beating a path to his door

Or just wait for Souths to get a special dispensation for Sam and go there breaking the heart of the Titans fan if he still cares

Admittedly I'm not following this anywhere else but here really but I'm sure a couple of months back there was an article saying that the Roosters would have to let go of at least one star player to retain JWH, SST, Friend, Manu and Latrell.

I know they've signed JWH, SST and Manu to deals but if that article was correct that would imply the Roosters have a choice between Jake and Latrell. I think this wasn't a case of "We can't afford you" but a case of "We don't want you and would prefer Friend"

Rough for Latrell. I don't know how he will go at the Tigers.

Which leads to the question, why is Friend still unsigned beyond next season?

betcats

Referee
This is his best option

Absolutely go great guns, get back into the NSW Blues: win them a series on his own and have every club beating a path to his door

Or just wait for Souths to get a special dispensation for Sam and go there breaking the heart of the Titans fan if he still cares

He is talented enough to change this whole narrative with one performance, he should absolutely focus on doing that IMO, whether he wants to stay at the rooster or chase the biggest contract he can get its his best option. I doubt his value has been lower then it is right now at any point in the last 2 years.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Which leads to the question, why is Friend still unsigned beyond next season?

Exactly. I very much doubt Friend will be a Rooster beyond 2020. You guys don't need him. He's injury prone and you've already got Sam Verrills who is doing an admirable job since he entered first grade.

If you need a backup hooker you can have Danny Levi off us for tree fiddy.

haha nah I was throwing a bit of banter Apollos way because he had a go when I said they couldn't re-sign Latrell a few days ago.

Yet again, you have incorrectly interpreted what I posted. I never mentioned Latrell in my post numbnuts. Your post was about the upgrades paid to Manu, SST and JWH especially when you said JWH would not have signed for unders.Considering JWH has been amongst the club's highest paid players since he arrived at the club, yoiu would have no idea what he re-signed for.

So next time you decide to have a go at me, I suggest you look at what I posted and not imply things which were never implicity or explicitly stated.

super_coach

First Grade
He is talented enough to change this whole narrative with one performance, he should absolutely focus on doing that IMO, whether he wants to stay at the rooster or chase the biggest contract he can get its his best option. I doubt his value has been lower then it is right now at any point in the last 2 years.

His value might have dropped in the eyes of some clubs, but not for the Tigers, they need a game breaker, so to them he is worth a million a year and maybe more. It’s all about supply and demand

Chook Norris

First Grade
His value might have dropped in the eyes of some clubs, but not for the Tigers, they need a game breaker, so to them he is worth a million a year and maybe more. It’s all about supply and demand
If I'm the Tigers and his value has dropped for every other club, there is no need for me to offer a million. I have no competitors pushing up his value to warrant me offering that much.

The only way he still gets a mill is if the Tigers are dumb (although, I guess I can't rule that out)

Perth Tiger

Bench
If I'm the Tigers and his value has dropped for every other club, there is no need for me to offer a million. I have no competitors pushing up his value to warrant me offering that much.

The only way he still gets a mill is if the Tigers are dumb (although, I guess I can't rule that out)

If we do that then we just have another Ryan Matterson situation where he has a good year and then wants out for more money.

Tigers are better off treating him well and trying to get him to buy into the club because if he comes across feeling slighted or with a mercenary attitude it probably wont work out for us.

Last edited:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yet again, you have incorrectly interpreted what I posted. I never mentioned Latrell in my post numbnuts. Your post was about the upgrades paid to Manu, SST and JWH especially when you said JWH would not have signed for unders.Considering JWH has been amongst the club's highest paid players since he arrived at the club, yoiu would have no idea what he re-signed for.

So next time you decide to have a go at me, I suggest you look at what I posted and not imply things which were never implicity or explicitly stated.
giphy.gif

Sure princess. Even if I don't know the exact amount JWH is one, it certainly appears I know more about it than you ;)

Das Hassler

Bench
If we do that then we just have another Ryan Matterson situation where he has a good year and then wants out for more money.

Tigers are better off treating him well and trying to get him to buy into the club because if he comes across felling slighted or with a mercenary attitude it probably wont work out for us.

Exactly right....if the money's there pay him what he's worth or forget about

betcats

Referee

Tigers are better off treating him well and trying to get him to buy into the club because if he comes across felling slighted or with a mercenary attitude it probably wont work out for us.

Well he isn’t going there because you are his first choice, the biggest factor for him is money he hasn’t hidden that, so it seems very mercenary

Latest posts