What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Just tried a Colonial IPA 6.5%, not overpowering and very nicely going down, noticed it's a little cloudy and there seems to be a yeast residue at the bottom of the can, is it viable to culture this yeast?.
By the time it gets to you, I would say it is unlikely that you would be able to get anything out of that yeast.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just going through stock today at work and found a six pack of Becks at the back of the fridge that had just ticked over the best before date so they were written off, not my favourite but at that price I don't care :grinning:

Bazal

Post Whore
Every now and then ALDI have a unknown treasure, Forst 1857, as good as a Euro beer ever

Tbh all their beers I've had are decent at worst, and cheap enough.

I tried their mixed dozen or whatever it is case of craft beers at a mate's. Pretty handy for the money. Nothing amazing but very drinkable.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bentspoke have another new beer in cans...!

How's It Gosen? Tropical gose. Amarillo hops, obvious gose style.

Think the bastard child of a German/Belgian sour and a can of Pasito. Gun summer beer, but serious enough with the gose thing that it's not your usual mass produced easy drinker. A beer nut will find this easy, someone who reckons Fat Yak is craft beer will find it way too dry and sour.

Personally I agree with the beer nut

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Bentspoke have another new beer in cans...!

How's It Gosen? Tropical gose. Amarillo hops, obvious gose style.

Think the bastard child of a German/Belgian sour and a can of Pasito. Gun summer beer, but serious enough with the gose thing that it's not your usual mass produced easy drinker. A beer nut will find this easy, someone who reckons Fat Yak is craft beer will find it way too dry and sour.

Personally I agree with the beer nut
It’s only 4.2%..

On the plus side, I went into my old local today to find a full door of bent spoke..

I’ll be travelling a bit further to buy my beer now..

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been taking the opportunity here in the US to try as much craft beer as possible.

Most major supermarkets let you build your own six-packs, so I'm getting six different craft beers or local macrobrews every week or so.

So far, my favorite has been the Hemperor HPA from New Belgium Brewing, the Vanilla Porter from Breckenridge, the Ayinger Oktober-Fest-Marzen, and Thru the Haze from Bear Republic.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If anyone’s ever in Melbourne, go check out moon dog world..

If you give me decent notice I can join you for a beer..