What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
Thank you for a sensible response unlike...............

C'mon man....sensible, in a beer thread? We're all at least half cut.

Anywhom. At Xmas, Costco had mini-kegs of Wychwood Hobgoblin for like $27. The 4.5% one, not the 5.5 or whatever. Naturally I grabbed several. Gave a few away as gifts, but tonight I've knocked one over with brother and housemate.

For a mini-keg, probably the best I've had. They pour quite well which is important, and obviously the beer is a hell of a lot better than the Heineken etc you normally see in a mini-keg. Those always seem to froth up like Wittyfan at an Eels game, this one might have actually been slightly flat but for the beer variety that's actually a lot better than massive foam.

Smooth, malty amber ale on a cool autumn night is a very good thing.

Bazal

Post Whore
Biggie-Juice-can-high-res.png

Good beer, although Feral always are.

Big and fruity, they say tropical but I say more like bitter citrus. Blood orange and grapefruit. Probably could actually use a little more sweetness for balance, but it's good. Carries the 6% ABV well too.

Bazal

Post Whore
BentSpoke-Brewing-Sprocket-can-171016-065353.png

They say it's the little sister of Crankshaft, but it's higher ABV, bigger, and hoppier. Work that out.

Great beer though. Fresh, with lots of tropical fruit (mango and passionfruit?), malt, honey. Clean bitter finish without being harshly bitter.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Won a 30 can slab of hammer n tongs draught. Currently a footrest in front of the couch. Not sure what else I'm going to use it for

Bazal

Post Whore
Won a 30 can slab of hammer n tongs draught. Currently a footrest in front of the couch. Not sure what else I'm going to use it for

The best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't actually have a flavour

Get it ice cold and it's beer.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't actually have a flavour

Get it ice cold and it's beer.
I'll rotate them through the freezer and give that a go. If it's still rubbish i'll donate it to some of the natives that sleep underneath the awnings at the high school over the road

Bazal

Post Whore
Capital are really good beers.

Along with Bentspoke, Canberra are doing awesome stuff. I'd say Bentspoke are the better beer connoisseur beers, Capital are better beers to sit down and have six or ten of.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Capital are really good beers.

Along with Bentspoke, Canberra are doing awesome stuff. I'd say Bentspoke are the better beer connoisseur beers, Capital are better beers to sit down and have six or ten of.
A shame to lose Pact brewing. Their brown ale was a nice drop

Latest posts