What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Also, it feels weird to have a team in the Playoffs again.

Between them and Parra I haven’t had much of a chance to cheer on the postseason recently.
Milwaukee Bucks are helping me out as well.

Everything’s coming up Quinty!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was walking for about 70/80 minutes a day but you are right I would rarely do over 30 mins at one time.

Now I will still do a lot of shorter walks during the day because I get in a walk around the block in between meetings and stuff but I will generally also do about 30 mins at lunch with a bit more emphasis on intensity and then at night time I will do about a 6.5km walk and 3 times a week when I am on that 6.5 km I will run part of that for roughly 3 or 4 kms of the 6.5 and average probably 8 to 8:30 per km which also ensures my heart rate is in the burning zone.

I never thought of myself as someone who would ever be able to run but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be however I am not even remotely motivated to do any type of distance running or anything, just enough to remain fit and slimmer than I was.

Depending on your metabolism it takes around 20-30 mins to get your aerobic rate up, so you do more fat stripping for say 10 mins after you reach that level than you do in the first 30 mins. If you increase the intensity then you will get there quicker.

One thing you can try if you have the time is to get your intensity up as fast as you can and if you are not fit enough to maintain it, then you can do a "walk sprint" meaning walk as fast as you can for say 2-4 mins or what ever you can handle, then slow down get your breath for equal amount of time, then sprint again.

The fitter you get the longer you can maintain the sprints and the fat stripping becomes exponential.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Also, it feels weird to have a team in the Playoffs again.

Between them and Parra I haven’t had much of a chance to cheer on the postseason recently.
Milwaukee Bucks are helping me out as well.

Everything’s coming up Quinty!

Enjoy!

And please win the Super Bowl - love how the Niners play!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Rumour mill has it that Raiders GM Mike Mayock is on the outer...

Fml - the Raiders back office makes the Eels look like geniuses.

T.S Quint

Coach
Rumour mill has it that Raiders GM Mike Mayock is on the outer...

Fml - the Raiders back office makes the Eels look like geniuses.

If you mean the Eels previous management I’ll remind you that this in charge recorded in their meeting minutes their decisions to cheat the salary cap. And left all the information on their computers for investigators to find. And they hired Steve Kearney.

Nobody could make them look like geniuses.

Although Mark Davis does look like this, so...

images

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
If you mean the Eels precious management I’ll remind you that this in charge recorded in their meeting minutes their decisions to cheat the salary cap. And left all the information on their computers for investigators to find. And they hired Steve Kearney.

Nobody could make them look like geniuses.

Although Mark Davis does look like this, so...

images

I'll remind you that the Raiders organisation is responsible for granting JaMarcus Russell an NFL start.

They also signed Antonio Brown.

And traded away Khalil Mack.

And Nnamdi Asomugha.

And keep handing Derek Carr starting QB duties.

I'd say it's neck-and-neck, tbh...

T.S Quint

Coach
I'll remind you that the Raiders organisation is responsible for granting JaMarcus Russell an NFL start.

And Nnamdi Asomugha.

Well yeah.

But at least they’re not the Browns.

hybrideel

Bench

And Nnamdi Asomugha.

Have to say mate, I am starting to see your way of thinking re: Carr. Watching this season infuriated me with checkdown after checkdown, screenpass, screenpass, screenpass.
3rd and 15 on the opposisions 20 yard line. we'll have a short gain of 7 thanks. WTF? He is also way too quick to give up on the play and throw it away
The ony thing that could save him is that he doesn't have a whole lot to pass to outside of Waller, although Renfrow seemed to come good towards the end. He reminds me of Scott minto though. Looks like a 40 year old already

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have to say mate, I am starting to see your way of thinking re: Carr. Watching this season infuriated me with checkdown after checkdown, screenpass, screenpass, screenpass.
3rd and 15 on the opposisions 20 yard line. we'll have a short gain of 7 thanks. WTF? He is also way too quick to give up on the play and throw it away
The ony thing that could save him is that he doesn't have a whole lot to pass to outside of Waller, although Renfrow seemed to come good towards the end. He reminds me of Scott minto though. Looks like a 40 year old already

Yep.

Carr's instincts are terrible.

He has always been terrible.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What does Oakland do in the draft?

Hopefully, if we insist on giving Carr the starting QB spot, we go for some decent wideouts; Renfrow is a gun, but Carr seems to only throw to Renfrow, or Waller.

I would also like to see us strengthen our defence - our linebackers are hot garbage, and we could use some athleticism in that department.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hopefully, if we insist on giving Carr the starting QB spot, we go for some decent wideouts; Renfrow is a gun, but Carr seems to only throw to Renfrow, or Waller.

I would also like to see us strengthen our defence - our linebackers are hot garbage, and we could use some athleticism in that department.

What I dont get with Carr is he is very mobile. Why don't they design some plays for him to run. To much boring safe game play.
When Phili won the superbowl they just went all out. Watching Foles go toe to toe with Brady and winning out was one of the best things I have seen in NFL. They won by taking huge risks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I dont get with Carr is he is very mobile. Why don't they design some plays for him to run. To much boring safe game play.
When Phili won the superbowl they just went all out. Watching Foles go toe to toe with Brady and winning out was one of the best things I have seen in NFL. They won by taking huge risks.

I think there are three issues:

(1) Gruden is not a fan of the modern-day QB; he likes old-fashioned, gun-slinging, field general QB's. Word is he is slowly coming around to the new, hybrid QB's - we will see.

(2) Carr's feel for the game is, honestly, hot garbage. He is a very poor decision maker, and I feel that perhaps giving him a licence to run may prove troublesome.

(3) Carr, since his leg injury in 2016, is afraid of contact. He shies away from it.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think there are three issues:

(1) Gruden is not a fan of the modern-day QB; he likes old-fashioned, gun-slinging, field general QB's. Word is he is slowly coming around to the new, hybrid QB's - we will see.

(2) Carr's feel for the game is, honestly, hot garbage. He is a very poor decision maker, and I feel that perhaps giving him a licence to run may prove troublesome.

(3) Carr, since his leg injury in 2016, is afraid of contact. He shies away from it.

I remember Gruden was a big fan of Johnny Manziel. Was commentating at the Draft and was amazed he wasn’t taken higher.
That’s when I had an idea that Gruden may not be the best judge of QBs.

Latest posts