What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To me, the main issue is that some clubs and players seem to have mechanisms for forcing a 'renegotiation' when the other party has no desire or legal requirement to do so.

So while contracts are obviously worth plenty, and carry legal weight, Soto is correct in that the contract doesn't necessarily dictate what will happen for the duration covered in that contract.

Eelogical

Referee
To me, the main issue is that some clubs and players seem to have mechanisms for forcing a 'renegotiation' when the other party has no legal requirement to do so.

So while contacts are obviously worth plenty, and carry legal weight, Soto is correct in that the contract doesn't necessarily dictate what will happen for the duration covered in that contract.
So, you're saying the competition isn't a level playing field?

Gronk

Staff member
To me, the main issue is that some clubs and players seem to have mechanisms for forcing a 'renegotiation' when the other party has no desire or legal requirement to do so.

So while contracts are obviously worth plenty, and carry legal weight, Soto is correct in that the contract doesn't necessarily dictate what will happen for the duration covered in that contract.

I heard Gus say that these contracts fall through because of the inappropriate leverage that player managers have over clubs. They imply that if player A doesn't get what he wants, then he can't guarantee that the club will have access to his stable. IIRC he said that one QLD club 75% of their players are with one particular manager.

Eelogical

Referee
I heard Gus say that these contracts fall through because of the inappropriate leverage that player managers have over clubs. They imply that if player A doesn't get what he wants, then he can't guarantee that the club will have access to his stable. IIRC he said that one QLD club 75% of their players are with one particular manager.
Is Gus 'Hindy'? Where were you when you heard this? Is that club the Titans?