What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I will b doing cartwheels if we shifted those 2.However due to his pending court case JR won’t b going anywhere.
The loan thing isn't that great for us re Packer as we'd still bear the brunt of his over priced contract.and Pascoe is on drugs. Player loaning happens now and has happened for ages in ESL.

Last edited:
A season with the storm will be good for momo and his game, but he’s not the first player I’d be wanting to lend out.

Its a bit choppy for players to have to uproot themselves and relocate. What if one of them wants to stay at the new club and won’t come home? Latrell got away breaching his contract.

Against that, both players will learn things from fresh coaches etc and generally speaking, it’s good for their game.

If momo is smart, he won’t sign with us and make his mind up later in the year.

It’s a good concept, but as a player I’d be a bit dirty being in the club pawn shop, there on the shelf in front of the window.

I wonder when the loaning ends in the year. You can just see the strong clubs loaning bench players for weaker clubs marquees.

“ would you like a winger with that?” Can you loan two for one etc.

I’m open minded about it. I like momo though.

Probably ct I’d loan out at the moment as ad takes fullback duties.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah I'm hoping Momo re-signs with us before he leaves for Melbourne. Imagine if he becomes the next big thing and then Melbourne just keep him. Another outside back stolen by Melbourne!

Yeah I'm hoping Momo re-signs with us before he leaves for Melbourne. Imagine if he becomes the next big thing and then Melbourne just keep him. Another outside back stolen by Melbourne!
Yes I agree BJ05, you do not sign a guy not to play with you.

Sign him for 2021 as a safe guard. If he loves life in ‘bleak city’ great, if he is offered another year by the Storm, great.

The flip side is that the Tigers do very well because as an example, the likes of, Tommy T & Adam D kill it and the Tigers find Momo surplus to their needs. Tigers then release Momo and end up with cap space.

super_coach

First Grade

He will be resigning it was the carrot that got him to be part of the deal. We give you a healthy extension and upgrade and you help us by going to Melbourne. Similar deal was done with Liam Fulton when we had massive cap issues so he went to ESL for a season

super_coach

First Grade
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

Also, any swap needs to be an iron-clad swap for an entire season. No backsies if one club needs their player back due to injury.

It’s a great system. Look at the Titian’s, they just had James go down basically for the season, so maybe they have a surplus in a particular position they can broker a swap deal for a front rower for the season.

It’s a win win for all parties and I can see clubs taking up on the concept

Ned Kelly

Juniors
After a roller coaster ride of all the stars we were going to sign then wondering if we will make any decent signings I am really happy with how things have turned out.The Leilua brothers have me pretty excited but I love it that Adam Douelhi has joined us. How wonderful to have a player who can string a few sentences together and express his positive attitude so well. So much happier to have him and not Moylan.
I think Madge and the recruiting staff are doing a great job. Definitely not paying overs. So if they want to do player swaps I support them 100%

Also, any swap needs to be an iron-clad swap for an entire season. No backsies if one club needs their player back due to injury.
I don’t know about the rorting, Momo is on the books at the Tigers, he can be on 100k, 200k or 500k, surely the Storm pay nothing for Momo as the Tigers pay nothing for the Storm player.

After a roller coaster ride of all the stars we were going to sign then wondering if we will make any decent signings I am really happy with how things have turned out.The Leilua brothers have me pretty excited but I love it that Adam Douelhi has joined us. How wonderful to have a player who can string a few sentences together and express his positive attitude so well. So much happier to have him and not Moylan.
I think Madge and the recruiting staff are doing a great job. Definitely not paying overs. So if they want to do player swaps I support them 100%

Ad

Souths tuned him well, he wasn’t thrown into the deep end and they tried him out in different positions.

He’s a campaign player, I prefer his recruitment to the brothers.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

According to that article the players are being released from their contracts for 2020, so neither club could call their player back. But then they have contracts starting in 2021, so they have to return to the club they came from.

Vic Mackey

Referee
According to that article the players are being released from their contracts for 2020, so neither club could call their player back. But then they have contracts starting in 2021, so they have to return to the club they came from.

NRL doing what they do best, complicating it for the sake of it

Rhyno

First Grade
Why would Momo wanna re-sign before going to Melbourne? Shows how much the tigers value him when they are trying to ship him off to the other side of the country for 12months.

if the tigers didn’t wanna play him this year I’m sure he would prefer to play for another Sydney club so he can stay close to family instead of the tigers treating him like a hostage and shipping him off to Melbourne without him having any say in it

BrotherJim05

Bench
Why would Momo wanna re-sign before going to Melbourne? Shows how much the tigers value him when they are trying to ship him off to the other side of the country for 12months.

if the tigers didn’t wanna play him this year I’m sure he would prefer to play for another Sydney club so he can stay close to family instead of the tigers treating him like a hostage and shipping him off to Melbourne without him having any say in it

Seeing as you support a team full of backflipping, primadonna turds you will find this hard to understand, but I'll make it as simple for you as possible because I know you have learning difficulties.

The player swap is an exchange that benefits both Storm and Tigers. It benefits all parties involved, including Momo and Grant. Its kind of like what exchanging Matterson for Stefano would have been if you guys were such pieces of shit.

simmo05

Bench

Why wouldn't he want a holiday in Melbourne, Sydney is shit

WA Tiger

Bench
After the season starts I’m thinking the last thing we will be thinking about is resigning Momo likewise the rest of the year...and then when we nudge the top 4 we are going to be realistically looking at a higher caliber player than Momo to help us get into the 4 the following year - too optimistic ? ..I’m not sure when momos is deal finishes but if I was Madge I wouldn’t rush the resigning just yet...Also re AD I do too much night shift to spread my viewing so I’m relying on you guys re how good he is. But I do I know -and I know u’s don’t believe in this shit but - from his western and Chinese star signs Leo Tiger he’s a captain at 21...Madge seems to spot a captain where others miss them eg DWZ ....That makes/will make Mbye surplus

Latest posts