What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Valheru

Coach
They didn't ban Wighton until after he was found guilty. There was no NFSD policy at that time.

It seems a bit out of whack for the NRL to view footage of a matter before the courts in order to determine whether they think the player is guilty or not. An NRL kangaroo court. I suspect they won't be allowed to do this. The premise of the NFSD was that they made no assumption of guilt.

Wighton wasn't found guilty, he plead guilty thus the ban.

I would normally advocate for Scott's right to continue playing pending his day in court but toddy has set another precedent.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
They didn't ban Wighton until after he was found guilty. There was no NFSD policy at that time.

It seems a bit out of whack for the NRL to view footage of a matter before the courts in order to determine whether they think the player is guilty or not. An NRL kangaroo court. I suspect they won't be allowed to do this. The premise of the NFSD was that they made no assumption of guilt.
Sorry, he was banned after pleading guilty and the nrl had viewed the footage, but before he was sentenced. So you are probably right that they will wait for a plea or a guilty verdict. I wouldn't be surprised if the integrity unit ask Scott ahead of that time to view the footage though.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Stories are leaking out that they cuffed him while asleep. He may have woke up cuffed and confused, struck out, ran and got copped a taser in the back. Cops are farked if thats the case.

TheFrog

Coach
Stories are leaking out that they cuffed him while asleep. He may have woke up cuffed and confused, struck out, ran and got copped a taser in the back. Cops are farked if thats the case.
How do you assault a police officer with your arms cuffed behind your back? Spit at them? Bite them?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
How do you assault a police officer with your arms cuffed behind your back? Spit at them? Bite them?
Roundhouse, Headbutt? I dunno. I guess this is why he is fighting the charge. Theres footage from both bodycam and cctv so one side is bluffing.

Timmay

Juniors
Great news.

Mr Scott is defending all charges.

Legend.

Hope y'all know if Mr Scott begins civil proceedings against the NSW Police Force and decides to sue, and he has a favourable outcome, it's your tax dollars the Police will settle with; y'all know that, right?

bUt ThE pOlIcE nEvEr Do AnYtHiNg WrOnG tHeY hAvE ShInY bAdGeS aNd ThE tElEvIsIoN tElLs Me ThEy'Re ThE gOoD gUy hUh DuH

Reactions: gUt

nick87

Coach
The common assault charge is a very common tact on charge for resisting arrest, stray arms, legs and elbows in the resist may strike the officer and they'll chalk it up.
Often those charges end up being dropped

Not saying that's what has happened here. But it's not uncommon. Scott's defence team have came out pretty hard about police conduct here, so this might be exactly what we all thought it was, or it could be something totally different. As @Chief_Chujo said, you'd think the body footage is pretty clear so someone here is bluffing.

Craigshark

First Grade
Great news.

Legend.

Hope y'all know if Mr Scott begins civil proceedings against the NSW Police Force and decides to sue, and he has a favourable outcome, it's your tax dollars the Police will settle with; y'all know that, right?

bUt ThE pOlIcE nEvEr Do AnYtHiNg WrOnG tHeY hAvE ShInY bAdGeS aNd ThE tElEvIsIoN tElLs Me ThEy'Re ThE gOoD gUy hUh DuH

Why do you keep calling him mr Scott as if you’re representing him? weirdo

I guess we’ll see, the best form of defence when you have nothing else is to attack obviously. Got a feeling “mr” eid might be clutching here

Vee

First Grade
Great news.

Legend.

A lawyer talking his client up, who'da thunk it?

Xcalibre

Juniors
Sorry, he was banned after pleading guilty and the nrl had viewed the footage, but before he was sentenced. So you are probably right that they will wait for a plea or a guilty verdict. I wouldn't be surprised if the integrity unit ask Scott ahead of that time to view the footage though.

Not necessarily. They didn’t in Ben Barba’s case, however NQ sacked him first. The NRL deregistered him thereafter though. No court case, but there was cctv footage that was clear cut, so if they have access to the police footage of the Scott incident, who knows? The reaction will be different to Barba’s because Ben was a repeat offender.

Xcalibre

Juniors
The common assault charge is a very common tact on charge for resisting arrest, stray arms, legs and elbows in the resist may strike the officer and they'll chalk it up.
Often those charges end up being dropped

Not saying that's what has happened here. But it's not uncommon. Scott's defence team have came out pretty hard about police conduct here, so this might be exactly what we all thought it was, or it could be something totally different. As @Chief_Chujo said, you'd think the body footage is pretty clear so someone here is bluffing.

We all? Lmao.

Latest posts