What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Let's put Stefano's brothers medical issue to bed. It had nothing to do with the contract debate.

1. It happened while he was playing for NSW so Parramatta are not responsible for the treatment
2. He fractured his neck. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure this is not something you go around getting a second opinion on.
3. Tests around this injury found a further previously unknown medical issue. The internet or DMs are not the place for me to talk about someone else's health issues. Ask Filia next time your talking to him.
4. Parra rated him high enough to have him in the NRL preseason the following year although not involved in any contact. See 3 above.
5. Parra could not get the required 3 medical certificates from medical experts to be able to adequately insure him despite months of trying. There's a good chance that family members attended the appointments with him as support and know why. Therefore the NRL would not register any contract without the certificates. Not Parra's fault.
6. No other NRL clubs have signed him up despite his outstanding ability See above 4 for why
7. He is not playing any grade of rugby league despite his outstanding ability. Not even park footy. See above 4 for why
I am not disputing any of the above and was/am well aware of the issues surrounding Filia's injury and prognosis. Doesn't negate the fact that his family were still pushing hard for Parra to sign him and that it caused a rift between the club and the Utokiminou (sp) family which flowed through to our signing of Stefano.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon it has more to do with Tigers saying we can ask for a release and give you 300k this season. We are sure Parra will give it to you.
And his brother injury played a HUGE role. The family know Stefano could also get Injured and career over as seen it happen first hand so they took the money and run. You don't think Tigers management used this in there contract talks to persuade him?
The thought of 900k plus a release and a possible 1.2million guaranteed certainly isn't a risk the family would be prepared to take after seeing Filia get so close to making it only to have his career fall apart in one game.
I am unsure of the families financial situation. If they are just battlers then this is like winning the lottery. A ticket to some freedom.

strider

Post Whore
I reckon it has more to do with Tigers saying we can ask for a release and give you 300k this season. We are sure Parra will give it to you.
And his brother injury played a HUGE role. The family know Stefano could also get Injured and career over as seen it happen first hand so they took the money and run. You don't think Tigers management used this in there contract talks to persuade him?
The thought of 900k plus a release and a possible 1.2million guaranteed certainly isn't a risk the family would be prepared to take after seeing Filia get so close to making it only to have his career fall apart in one game.
I am unsure of the families financial situation. If they are just battlers then this is like winning the lottery. A ticket to some freedom.
Agree ... im sure there was an expectation he would get released for 2020 and get a substantial pay increase .... cos contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on these days

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree ... im sure there was an expectation he would get released for 2020 and get a substantial pay increase .... cos contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on these days

Are..are you saying that...contracts can...can be...can be...broken?????

Glenneel

Bench
If you read TCT......who isn't training well or an excellent prospect?
Yes maybe they do have rose coloured glasses on but this is training reports. That, one would think, would be factual so my comment taken from their reports. Anyway whether he'll be a champion or not we'll hopefully see this year, and then hopefully he'll be a dud at Tigers.

TheRam

Coach
Use of the term broken contract isn't a big deal. It's usually the comments about how "contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on" that set people off.

Again you are missing the point here. From a footy supporter perspective, which is what we all are here, when players can renegotiate(break the current contract) and sign a new one with another club that allows a player to walkout of his existing club, then from a supporters point of view, "contracts aren't worth the paper they were written on".

In other words the player has broken his current contract with the approval of his current club for whatever new terms they have agreed upon in said new contract. Supporters don't give a sh*t about the intricacies of the renegotiations nor should they. All we see is the player can walk. Look at Matterson, how happy do you think those Tigers supporters are? To them their best forward broke his agreement to play for them under the contract he first signed with them.

So since that is possible from our point of view, the supporters, contracts aren't worth a hill of stinking beans.

Note: Again, we all know that legally a mutual renegotiation has taken place. You aren't a legal wizard pointing that out mate and making a big deal about it, you just sound like a wanker on a forum that needs to prove to himself that he is smarter then everybody else.

So I'll say it again, "WE ALL GET IT!!!"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Again you are missing the point here. From a footy supporter perspective, which is what we all are here, when players can renegotiate(break the current contract) and sign a new one with another club that allows a player to walkout of his existing club, then from a supporters point of view, "contracts aren't worth the paper they were written on".
So what are contracts worth when clubs can't offload expensive, underperforming players? Or when underpaid players can't get the release they wanted?

TheRam

Coach
So what are contracts worth when clubs can't offload expensive, underperforming players? Or when underpaid players can't get the release they wanted?

You obviously can't understand the premise of where the average punter is coming from or more realistically you just want to ram down the true legal realities down my throat here when I have already explained that we get the legal ramifications of a legal contract.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Until it comes to the point where a player negotiates his next move with a club and the contract provides the means by which this occurs. Without a contract it would be a free for all.

In other words the player has broken his current contract with the approval of his current club for whatever new terms they have agreed upon in said new contract.
Sounds like a contract is worth the paper it is written on.

Supporters don't give a sh*t about the intricacies of the renegotiations nor should they. All we see is the player can walk. Look at Matterson, how happy do you think those Tigers supporters are? To them their best forward broke his agreement to play for them under the contract he first signed with them.
He renogiated his existing contract and signed another one. Without his club agreeing to that it wouldn't have happened. Contracts are a necessary evil. You haven't proven at all that they are "not worth the paper they are written on". You are just giving a sob story about fans who don't understand contracts.

So since that is possible from our point of view, the supporters, contracts aren't worth a hill of stinking beans.

Note: Again, we all know that legally a mutual renegotiation has taken place. You aren't a legal wizard pointing that out mate and making a big deal about it, you just sound like a wanker on a forum that needs to prove to himself that he is smarter then everybody else.

So I'll say it again, "WE ALL GET IT!!!"
You seem to be having a bet each way. Either a "contract isn't worth the paper it is written on" or you "get it". Which one is it?

TheRam

Coach
Until it comes to the point where a player negotiates his next move with a club and the contract provides the means by which this occurs. Without a contract it would be a free for all.

Sounds like a contract is worth the paper it is written on.

He renogiated his existing contract and signed another one. Without his club agreeing to that it wouldn't have happened. Contracts are a necessary evil. You haven't proven at all that they are "not worth the paper they are written on". You are just giving a sob story about fans who don't understand contracts.

You seem to be having a bet each way. Either a "contract isn't worth the paper it is written on" or you "get it". Which one is it?

OK you have now just proven to be a di*k on a forum that needs to be right all the time. Cool.

TheRam

Coach
You can use whatever you like.

23_grande_1_1600x.jpg

Latest posts