What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Misanthrope

Staff member
I went out to a local wine bar last night for a stand-up comedy open mic.

The comedy was abysmal. An Iranian, two Indians, and a Georgian just mumbling and telling anecdotes rather than jokes. I would say each comic had maybe one chuckle-worthy moment, with the MC being the funniest of the lot.

But the wine... the wine! I had nine glasses of a fantastic white, bought a bottle of red for the table, and bought my wife a glass of red (she also polished off a good portion of the other bottles) for less than $40 USD.

Also, Chacha (Georgian brandy) is essentially a paint-stripper.

Epic night, but the downside is that I now feel like a syphilitic monkey throat-f**ked me.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I went out to a local wine bar last night for a stand-up comedy open mic.

The comedy was abysmal. An Iranian, two Indians, and a Georgian just mumbling and telling anecdotes rather than jokes. I would say each comic had maybe one chuckle-worthy moment, with the MC being the funniest of the lot.

But the wine... the wine! I had nine glasses of a fantastic white, bought a bottle of red for the table, and bought my wife a glass of red (she also polished off a good portion of the other bottles) for less than $40 USD.

Also, Chacha (Georgian brandy) is essentially a paint-stripper.

Epic night, but the downside is that I now feel like a syphilitic monkey throat-f**ked me.
I'd love to say I feel sympathy for you, but...