What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So we have Dufty out, K. Sims out, Mcinnes with a knee injury (ibthink he'll be ok) and young Ramsey with a shoulder.

So, my round 1 team:
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Rava
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9 McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T. Sims
12. Friz
13. Merrin

14. Kerr
15. Graham
16. Ford
17. Luke

If McInnes is out then Luke to start with young Lovodua on the bench.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
to start the season if no jdb and Korbin injured still

1. Lomax > Ramsey
2. Saab
3. Aitken > lomax
4. Lafai
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9 McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T. Sims
12. Ford
13. Friz

14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Fuimaono
17. Luke

from what i have seen of Ford he is super hungry, quick, and tenacious in defence. his upside is massive and i think we need friz in the middle big 3rd,4th hitups thru the middle and leading in the middle in defence.

half way thru the season, my gut feeling is Lomax back to right centre and Ramsey to FB

if we are not tracking well watch out for a fegai twins to replace lafai and a fegai to replace saab if he treading water

m-dragons1997

Juniors

1. Lomax > Ramsey
2. Saab
3. Aitken > lomax
4. Lafai
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9 McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T. Sims
12. Ford
13. Friz

14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Fuimaono
17. Luke

from what i have seen of Ford he is super hungry, quick, and tenacious in defence. his upside is massive and i think we need friz in the middle big 3rd,4th hitups thru the middle and leading in the middle in defence.

half way thru the season, my gut feeling is Lomax back to right centre and Ramsey to FB

if we are not tracking well watch out for a fegai twins to replace lafai and a fegai to replace saab if he treading water
I agree that Ramsey could be an amazing long term fullback for us but he still is young and small maybe moving him to the wing in FG give him experience and time to grow bigger too. He’s still young he will only get better

possm

Coach
With Sims gone and DeBelin unavailable this is the team "I" would have pencilled in for game one

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey
3 Feagai
4 Rava
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 Frizell
12 Ford
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 McInnes
8 Merrin

14 Kerr
15 Lawrie
16 Graham
17 Host

I would have 4 forwards on the bench, so that if we lose one to injury we still have 3 forwards on the bench. Ford would be able to cover centre if there was an injury to an outside back. I think Ford is more than ready for first grade. I think he will be a success if given the opportunity. He may even provide us with more attack than Frizell. He also scores a lot of tries. Kerr looks to be a very good impact forward, who probably should have been given more opportunities since he got here. Graham would provide leadership and experience while our starting middle forwards are off the field. I think Lawrie is a bench player at best. I haven't seen Blacker and would be open to giving him a run instead of or Host.

I picked Rava and Feagai, because I think it is insane to continue to select Aitken and Lafai. I haven't seen anything of Williame, but hold no confidence that he will be a solution to our centre problems. I actually think Rava could make it as a centre and be a better centre than winger.
I'm not ready to write off De Belin as yet however, if his trial is delayed, I hope that SGI buy a top grade lock to replace him. My preferred 17 right now is:

1 Lomax

2 Ramsey
3 Ravalawa - he is a right side player
4 Williame

5 Saab - he is a right side winger
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 Frizell
12 Ford - backrow/centre
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 McInnes
8 Merrin - prop/lock

14 Kerr
15 Lawrie - prop/backrow
16 Graham

17 Fuimaono - backrow/centre

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With McInnes out for what looks likely at least the first few rounds along with Sims, Dufty and Ramsey my round 1 side would be;
1.Lomax
2.Pereira
3.Wiliame
4.Aitken...We really don’t have another right centre even though I’d try Fuimaono or Ford.
5.Saab
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.Luke
10.Lawrie (Will be Graham)
11.Sims
12.Friz
13.Merrin
14.Ford
15.Kerr
16.Blacker
17.Lovodua (I don’t want to mess around with Hunt he’s looking good this year keep him at 7 to build with Norman. He can fill in for Luke if he needs a spell and back row if not.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

1. Lomax > Ramsey
2. Saab
3. Aitken > lomax
4. Lafai
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9 McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T. Sims
12. Ford
13. Friz

14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Fuimaono
17. Luke

I’d keep Lomax at 1 for this season to give him a decent shot but Ramsey would be straight into the top 30 for me and is even a smoky for round 1. He’s obviously a fullback but as a winger he reminds me of a prime B.Moz in that even as a winger he’s a total game changer. Can make something of nothing and will score plenty of 100 meter tries. He’s the real deal.

If McInnes is out, we have a Old Origin hooker in our squad. I'd play Hunt at 9 with Luke on the bench. Not going to get 80 mins out of Luke. Promote Clune to the 30 and play him in the 6 with Norman 7. Clune has quite a few years experience on the Sailors etc.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Hey guys,
Looks like Dufty and Sims will miss upto the first month of the season.
Sims re-broke the same arm he broke last year.
Dufty has a suspected fractured cheekbone.
McInnes is feared to have suffered a medial collateral injury, he will be assessed when the boys get back to Sydney.
Dufty wont be a major loss imo, we have Lomax starting at FB.
But Sims is a big loss. Our Frontrow stocks are not that great.
McInnes, fingers crossed his injury is not major and he wont spend time on the side lines.

SBD82

Coach
Hey guys,
Looks like Dufty and Sims will miss upto the first month of the season.
Sims re-broke the same arm he broke last year.
Dufty has a suspected fractured cheekbone.
McInnes is feared to have suffered a medial collateral injury, he will be assessed when the boys get back to Sydney.
Dufty wont be a major loss imo, we have Lomax starting at FB.
But Sims is a big loss. Our Frontrow stocks are not that great.
McInnes, fingers crossed his injury is not major and he wont spend time on the side lines.
Hey Dick.

There’s an existing discussion on this very topic.

It can be found here: https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2020-squad-analysis.478804/page-20#post-13999499

I’m sure everyone in there would be keen to hear your thoughts.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Um... your name is Richard. Dick is a common abbreviation.

Sensitive f**ker, ain’t you Dick?
Lol oh wow.... we have another bully it seems... the security of hiding behind your keyboard seems to help you pump out the chest it seems...
Good for you.
I never started a convo with you, for you to jump out the blocks like that, seems like you got your nose right royally planted in the ass of the other 2 morons atop of the heirachy here.
And for your info, Friends abbreviate Richard, its a little thing called respect.
But its ok...keep building those browny points by ass licking the other 2 morons...
They must be sooooo proud of you.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: good job suck boy!!!

Richard Norton

Juniors
I'm not ready to write off De Belin as yet however, if his trial is delayed, I hope that SGI buy a top grade lock to replace him. My preferred 17 right now is:

1 Lomax

2 Ramsey
3 Ravalawa - he is a right side player
4 Williame
5 Saab - he is a right side winger
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 Frizell
12 Ford - backrow/centre
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 McInnes
8 Merrin - prop/lock

14 Kerr
15 Lawrie - prop/backrow
16 Graham

17 Fuimaono - backrow/centre
A few problems with that line up possm... and they all fall back to one issue, Mary!
Euan and Lafai WILL start as centres, any other suggestions will be pure wishfull thinking unfortunately.
Frizz will be 2nd row, Merrin will be lock if JDB isnt back.
Luke will 100% be on the bench.
Graham will 100% start.
Im not against your lineup, i just know with the muppet in charge, its common knowledge the lineup that will run out unfortunately.

SBD82

Coach
Lol oh wow.... we have another bully it seems... the security of hiding behind your keyboard seems to help you pump out the chest it seems...
Good for you.
I never started a convo with you, for you to jump out the blocks like that, seems like you got your nose right royally planted in the ass of the other 2 morons atop of the heirachy here.
And for your info, Friends abbreviate Richard, its a little thing called respect.
But its ok...keep building those browny points by ass licking the other 2 morons...
They must be sooooo proud of you.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: good job suck boy!!!
We’re all friends here Dick.

I’m sorry I called you sensitive. You’re clearly not.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I don't mind the suggestion of Hunt at 9, Norman at 7 and either Sailor or Clune at 6.

Although Possm imo we should never have bought the lazy,inconsistent & overpriced Norman.
He became another roadblock & caused last year’s early spine selection fiasco from Mc I-Can’t-Move-my-Centres-Under-any-Circumstances

SnowDragon

Juniors
I think I’d like to see Sailor in the top 13. If we don’t we will probably loose him and I don’t want that.
2 options, fullback or take Normon position. In the later option Normon can take fullback and Lomax Into centre, else Normon into centre. This way we plug the centre weakness at the same time.

Ramsey still needs some time, and as he is on development contract I’d give him that. Already a shoulder injury, and we risk more if he goes in too early. Maybe later in the year?

1 Lomax
2 Pierera
3 Normon
4 Aitken
5 Saab
6 Sailor
7 Hunt
8 Vaughn
9 Luke (until McInnes is well)
10 Kerr
11 Sims
12 Frizz
13 Merrin

14 Lovedua (Luke can’t play 80, when captain back bring in Korbin if fit, otherwise Blacker, host or Tyrell)
15 Graham
16 Laurie
17 Ford

mickeylane

Bench
Round 1 Team or at least trial this team in Charity shield
1. Lomax
2. Sailor
3. Williame
4. Fuiamono
5. Saab

6. Hunt (he will be a better 5/8)
7. Norman (controls game better)

8. Vaughan
9. Luke
10. Kerr
11. Sims
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Graham
15. Ford (covers the backs as well)
16. Lawrie
17. Lovodoa

possm

Coach
Round 1 Team or at least trial this team in Charity shield
1. Lomax
2. Sailor
3. Williame
4. Fuiamono
5. Saab

6. Hunt (he will be a better 5/8)

8. Vaughan
9. Luke
10. Kerr
11. Sims
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Graham
15. Ford (covers the backs as well)
16. Lawrie
17. Lovodoa
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey
3. Williame
4. Fuiamono
5. Saab

6. Sailor

8. Merrin
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. T Sims
13. Fizell

14. Graham
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Luke

giboz71

First Grade
This is the Round 1 side that Mary will pick:

Lomax
Ravalawa
Lafai
Aitken
Pereira
Norman
Hunt
Graham
Luke
Vaughan
Tariq
Friz
Merrin

Lawrie
Kerr
Ford
Sailor

No point trying to put forward your own teams because it will be nowhere near what gets selected.

Latest posts