What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Stake Removed

First Grade
So, assuming that Boy-lame and Knee-gone are out for 95% of the season...

Are we looking at:

1. Morris
2. Mulitalo
3. Ramien
4. Xerri
5. Katoa
6. Johnson
7. Townsend
8. Woods
9. Brailey
10. Fifita
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. Williams

14. Magoulias
15. Bukuya
16. Hamlin-Uele
17. Rudolf

I would have Kennedy over Katoa, Kennedy then can move between wing and fullback with Morris

Tracey off bench over Bakuya, i think he will offer more and cover for Brailey if struggling 80 mins, and when Chad starts to play across field Morris, can get Tracey on as immediate fix

shaggs

Coach
Why does every merkin think Brailey will struggle with 80 minutes. For all you lot he might be the fittest in the squad.

The Kennedy love is misguided. He will likely be a good reserve grader who can fill in.

Tracy looked good at Souths last year in limited minutes. Where to play him? Do you waste a bench spot? I think is more upside to magoulis on the bench as a ‘utility’ of sorts

Ads

First Grade
Why does every merkin think Brailey will struggle with 80 minutes. For all you lot he might be the fittest in the squad.

The Kennedy love is misguided. He will likely be a good reserve grader who can fill in.

Tracy looked good at Souths last year in limited minutes. Where to play him? Do you waste a bench spot? I think is more upside to magoulis on the bench as a ‘utility’ of sorts
Think Brailey will handle 80 just fine. Depends how he goes as the main man though. He’s better than his brother.

chewsta

First Grade
Between the two, id rather Kennedy on the wing over Katoa. Total chalk and cheese comparison but Katoa has a bit of the panics about him which worries me.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
When Lara spoke to Josh Morris after the game, he spoke of how Will and he just swapped, so was given the roving role and he must be filthy as (Josh) got the threes tries out the wing.

Suggesting such a thing as them swapping between fullback and wing is practiced and not unfamiliar.

Which you would expect.

Newtown have the best halves in NSW cup if as expected Tracey and Trindall are paired.

John Morris, said he will be taking a young squad for the PNG game.

So I expect the only real trial where we will see a side close to round one will be V Manly.

If memory serves we always seem to play Manly in a trial with some sort of argeement to play best squad for a half.

Uncle Sad will be pleased.

BrisbaneShark

Juniors

Don't call me racist, but many indigenous kids need lots of love and support to show their best. It's often a confidence thing. If we give Kennedy a good go, I'm sure he will repay that faith.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
So I’m pretty sure our current top squad stands as this, correct me if I’m wrong or add anyone I’m missing. Decent enough squad but still missing another middle forward in my opinion.

1. Blayke BRAILEY
2. Jayson BUKUYA
3. Josh DUGAN
4. Andrew FIFITA
5. Wade GRAHAM (c)
6. Braden HAMLIN-UELE
7. Royce HUNT
8. Shaun JOHNSON
9. Sione KATOA
10. Will KENNEDY
11. Cameron KING
12. Billy MAGOULIAS
13. Josh MORRIS
14. Matt MOYLAN
15. Ronaldo MULITALO
16. Briton NIKORA
17. Jesse RAMIEN
18. Toby RUDOLF
19. Scott SORENSEN
20. Chad TOWNSEND
21. Connor TRACEY
22. Daniel VASQUEZ
23. Jack WILLIAMS
24. Teig WILTON
25. Aaron WOODS
26. Bronson XERRI

•Royce Hunt signed with us from Canberra according to Sam on the sharkcast
•Daniel Vasquez was listed in our top 30 squad last season and his profile was still on our website when I last checked.

YTSharks

Juniors
So I’m pretty sure our current top squad stands as this, correct me if I’m wrong or add anyone I’m missing. Decent enough squad but still missing another middle forward in my opinion.

1. Blayke BRAILEY
2. Jayson BUKUYA
3. Josh DUGAN
4. Andrew FIFITA
5. Wade GRAHAM (c)
6. Braden HAMLIN-UELE
7. Royce HUNT
8. Shaun JOHNSON
9. Sione KATOA
10. Will KENNEDY
11. Cameron KING
12. Billy MAGOULIAS
13. Josh MORRIS
14. Matt MOYLAN
15. Ronaldo MULITALO
16. Briton NIKORA
17. Jesse RAMIEN
18. Toby RUDOLF
19. Scott SORENSEN
20. Chad TOWNSEND
21. Connor TRACEY
22. Daniel VASQUEZ
23. Jack WILLIAMS
24. Teig WILTON
25. Aaron WOODS
26. Bronson XERRI

•Royce Hunt signed with us from Canberra according to Sam on the sharkcast
•Daniel Vasquez was listed in our top 30 squad last season and his profile was still on our website when I last checked.
Vasquez, Williams (half), Carr, Patterson and Ferris are listed as development players on the NRL site.
There are 35 players including them above Coach Morris on our site’s player profiles (the rest under are young kids)

From that you don’t have Trindall and Kayleb Milne who are both listed on the NRL site and then Mawene Hiroti (outside back) from Souths and Siosifa Talakai (second row centre) from the Jets. So either one of those two will be development players to start youd imagine

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Vasquez, Williams (half), Carr, Patterson and Ferris are listed as development players on the NRL site.
There are 35 players including them above Coach Morris on our site’s player profiles (the rest under are young kids)

From that you don’t have Trindall and Kayleb Milne who are both listed on the NRL site and then Mawene Hiroti (outside back) from Souths and Siosifa Talakai (second row centre) from the Jets. So either one of those two will be development players to start youd imagine

Wasn’t aware that Talakai had been put into our NRL squad, good to see. He was a beast for the Jets in the games I saw.

Chimp

Juniors
Not too optimist ,think Morris may well end up at Sombrero City.
Me too. I don’t have a bad word to say about Josh, as he’s a solid pro, and I get the feeling he’d still put in 100% effort if he does stay, but I have to say the narrative in the media is absolute bullshit.
Clearly Fox in particular have a number of Rooster stooges in their media ranks, from the ‘Sharks should let him go finish his career with his brother’ initial messages, to the ‘poor Josh, the nasty Sharks are being unfair making him stay, where’s their heart’ messaging to now ‘disgusting that the sharks told the media they wouldn’t be releasing him’:...
Clubs shouldn’t be allowed to be making approaches to players who are under contract for the CURRENT season, and the media should certainly not be trying to influence transfers like this. The Roosters and Morris’s management team should be hauled over the coals by the NRL - it’s a joke.

shaggs

Coach
I wouldn’t expect to see Vasquez for a month or two Into the season. Pretty sure he had his knee done in the offseason

bluefox68

Staff member
Thanks BMoz. Welcome to the forum

This has been done to death, but if they are so desperate to be together, why are they not making noises for Brett to be released from the Rorters?

Sharks need a good fullback - Josh - and a good left winger - Brett...

After writing that sentence, I'm thinking - why not play Xerri at right wing (outside Ramien) and Mulitalo at FB?

Then Josh gets his left centre spot...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
80 minutes x 26 rounds in the middle. Durablity is the concern with no real backup.

Then again Smith has managed this from a young age, so it can be done.

Latest posts