What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
Those reasons would be their shared religious beliefs. There's not much room for nuance when your opinion of something is dangerous-bullshit-for-idiots.

Again, you attribute a singular position on religion upon a group about which all we know for sure is they reported they did not identify with any given religion. This is nonsense

Ridicule is the typical go-to for anti-religious types when the moral highground is stripped away. When you're an atheist in 2020 Australia you're not bravely fighting against 'the system'. You are the system, and it galls you to have it pointed out.

Honestly mate, that's pathetic. Your assertion received ridicule for no other reason than you pulled it out of your arse.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Again, you attribute a singular position on religion upon a group about which all we know for sure is they reported they did not identify with any given religion. This is nonsense
Not identifying with any religion is 'a singular position on religion'.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Pffffft .... 5 is nothing

One of my first jobs after uni was in a company with 13 Davids, out of about 52 people

Good solid religious name
I'm a Paul. At my last job, either side of my office was another Paul. We called it the wall of Pauls.

Funnily enough, I was reporting to a Gary who was a useless lump. I was Gary on here before I met Gary the boss.

strider

Post Whore
next thing you will try and convince us you are not a marine biologist .... get f**ked, Gary the marine biologist

hindy111

Post Whore
Answer the question. I didn't attack you, I just pointed out your privilege. While that might be considered insulting by some it's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind being wealthy but beeing a battler does give you drive to get up and scrap it out.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Not identifying with any religion is 'a singular position on religion'.

Identifying with a religion is also a singular position on religion, so we're now at 70/30, a position you yourself dismissed, and one I never attempted to to hold ................

Again, you can't artificially limit where a particular line of reasoning might apply, and then realistically expect it to hold up to any form of scrutiny in a debate.

It's even less useful than making up stuff. At least that requires a little effort to disprove.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Late 80s for me. Seems like I had a far less Christian Public School upbringing, which is consistent with the stats.

You would have done, by the time I reached high school in the early eighties, it was pretty much done with as far as I can remember. Along with "god save the queen".

Latest posts