What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Pugzley

UUPB.gif

Kilkenny

Coach
A week out from the start of season 2020 I make the following observations;

1. We have a really tough draw.
2. We did well picking up Api but I feel we had enough depth in our forwards to recruit elsewhere as opposed to Tetevano and Capewell.
3. Our lack of quality in our outside backs will again be our Achilles heel in 2020.
4. Matt Burton will be our five eighth going forward long term much I think Jerome is a talented footy player.
5. We need Spencer Lenui to really emerge as a superstar in the making.
6. If we get an decent run with injury and manage to keep the majority of our best side on the field we have a roster capable of making the top 8.
7. Given our lack of quality in the outside backs our best finishing position will be 5-8.
8. Last but not least I think Nathan Cleary will have his best season thus far even if it may not be enough to get us into the top 4.

My opinions only.

The Realist

Juniors
A week out from the start of season 2020 I make the following observations;

1. We have a really tough draw.
2. We did well picking up Api but I feel we had enough depth in our forwards to recruit elsewhere as opposed to Tetevano and Capewell.
3. Our lack of quality in our outside backs will again be our Achilles heel in 2020.
4. Matt Burton will be our five eighth going forward long term much I think Jerome is a talented footy player.
5. We need Spencer Lenui to really emerge as a superstar in the making.
6. If we get an decent run with injury and manage to keep the majority of our best side on the field we have a roster capable of making the top 8.
7. Given our lack of quality in the outside backs our best finishing position will be 5-8.
8. Last but not least I think Nathan Cleary will have his best season thus far even if it may not be enough to get us into the top 4.

My opinions only.

Completely agree with all that especially the silly recruiting given our outside backs are very weak and we don't have much depth there.

Zampaa

Juniors
Joseph Leilau would have been a potential starting point.
He's a good player, but he's one of the players who has the potential to single handedly lose the game, Multiple times a season. We don't need that, especially when it'd just hold back Chrighton, who has potential to be 10 times the player.

betcats

Referee
There were definitely good juniors in the team, but most of the really important players in 2003 were recruits. Obviously this is subjective, but outside of Gower & Puletua most of the important cogs that year were recruits.

Im not sure you can argue either or was more important to that side. Gower was leading the dally Ms when they were cancelled that year. Most of the forwards were locals. The recruits we had were very important to our success no doubt about it but it’s not a bought premiership by any means.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Im not sure you can argue either or was more important to that side. Gower was leading the dally Ms when they were cancelled that year. Most of the forwards were locals. The recruits we had were very important to our success no doubt about it but it’s not a bought premiership by any means.
Wesser fluked a few good years in a row. The rest of his career was pretty much garbage

franklin2323

Immortal
The West Tigers had little cap space to play with so cant have been ridiculous money.

They offered Latrell $1m a season that was knocked back. A few medical retirements helped them.

Lets say it was $600k instead of $800k. Likely that is our only signing. I don’t think adding a centre only makes us a stronger side

franklin2323

Immortal
He's a good player, but he's one of the players who has the potential to single handedly lose the game, Multiple times a season. We don't need that, especially when it'd just hold back Chrighton, who has potential to be 10 times the player.

That is how I see it. Hooker was a must fix and you need a good pack

After a blessed time away from the game, and the club....I am suddenly suffering PTSD after looking at our 'predicted team' on the NRL website.

Have things really fallen apart this bad? That is the worst 1-5 (if that is indeed the team that runs out) i have seen in 35 years.

The forwards look good on paper, but the three-quarters are puke on paper.

I guess that explains the toilet paper shortage, people have been looking at our predicted team and have been convulsively expelling their bowels.

Whare should have gone 2 seasons ago, Mansour is finished, Naden is a moron, and Edwards throws pies, not passes.

The match this weekend will be academy award material in the horror genre.

And the recruitment...inexplicable! Another second rower/centre and a bench forward. Excuse me while i fetch up my breakfast.

P.s. Luai is another Joe Williams. But i guess he will be good cover for Burton when he is on NSW/Australian rep duties...

John Hamblin

Juniors
After a blessed time away from the game, and the club....I am suddenly suffering PTSD after looking at our 'predicted team' on the NRL website.

Have things really fallen apart this bad? That is the worst 1-5 (if that is indeed the team that runs out) i have seen in 35 years.

The forwards look good on paper, but the three-quarters are puke on paper.

I guess that explains the toilet paper shortage, people have been looking at our predicted team and have been convulsively expelling their bowels.

Whare should have gone 2 seasons ago, Mansour is finished, Naden is a moron, and Edwards throws pies, not passes.

The match this weekend will be academy award material in the horror genre.

And the recruitment...inexplicable! Another second rower/centre and a bench forward. Excuse me while i fetch up my breakfast.

P.s. Luai is another Joe Williams. But i guess he will be good cover for Burton when he is on NSW/Australian rep duties...

What a sad life you must lead. I wonder why you watch the games unless you enjoy bagging us!