1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 season

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by franklin2323, May 17, 2019.

1. martielang

martielang Juniors

Tbh I thought it was pretty funny.

2. Fangs

Fangs Bench

3. Blues Riff

Blues Riff Juniors

Guy's been around various forums for years. Thrives on his own misery. When we string a few wins together the merkin is nowhere to be seen.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  4. unKwn

unKwn Juniors

idk it was possible for someone to be this miserable until now

5. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Give the poor merkin a break. He is from South Australia after all. I used to enjoy his happy go lucky outlook on PI. It was a nice balance to offset the cheer squad when we were getting another spoon.

OldPanther likes this.
  6. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

I'm happy for anyone to express their fandom however they see fit.

7. Westernised Panther

Westernised Panther Juniors

@Rhyno is our good luck charm!

He tips against us and we win. Great value :thumbsup:

OldPanther likes this.
  8. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Are you referring to Rhys Wesser who scored 113 tries in 170 odd games for us.

The only garbage is your statement. The guy was a freak and arguably our greatest ever fullbacks. In my 50 years of supporting this club I’ve never seen another player who electrified the crowd quite like Rhys. I’d throw in Amos Roberts but he only was here for one season.

CCJohnC likes this.
  9. Dave's mate

Dave's mate Juniors

Sure am apart from 2003 and 2004 he'd let in 2 for every one he scored

10. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

You really have no idea.

You’ve really outdone yourself with your assessment of Rhys Wesser.

Well done. Any semblance of credibility you may crave has finally been evaporated.

11. Dave's mate

Dave's mate Juniors

Such hurtful words from the man who thought we didn't need a hooker for 2020

12. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

I rate Matty Johns when he gets serious as an analyst so this is good news:

Edit: looks like the video won't post. Matty Johns giving Nathan a wrap on NRL 360 someone posted to Facebook.

13. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I guess that is where we are so different in our viewpoints as fans. I much prefer to talk up our players for the most part, rather than choose to ‘bag’ them off as you are so fond of doing. Any way it would be interesting to know how many other long standing Panthers fans share you view that Rhys Wesser was pretty much ‘garbage’ for most of his time with us. I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest not too many. Most if not all will remember him fondly for the excitement machine that he was and those wonderful 113 tries that brought us so much joy. Shame that you only enjoyed but a few of them.

14. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

Is it "bagging" if the person is just giving their honest assessment? We won't all agree and sometimes go too far with each other even.

15. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

There is absolutely no reason to ‘bag’ a Panther legend. Rhys Wesser was an outstanding fullback, player, excitement machine, fan favourite and what Dave’s Mate wrote about him is frankly offensive, or should be, to any long standing Panthers fan. The suggestion that he was garbage for most of his time here is offensive and he deserves to be called out for what he is. Having said all that it is what Daves Mate craves, he enjoys the notoriety for what ever perverse reason. Not an opinion on his part just another of his moronic attention seeking comments.

16. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Wesser one of the top fullbacks in the world in his prime. 03-04 special years. Lockyer and Minichello the two other outstanding candidates. Its obvious who was number one there, bias aside I'd have to place him after Minichello as well. Prior to his back injuries he was extremely difficult to handle.

He was still a very good fullback in 05-06. There was a great match up between him and Slater at Penrith Stadium, both of them were sublime that night. His death came when Elliott arrived at Penrith and tried to turn him into a ball player. Poor decision.

Best fullback I've seen at Penrith.

Westernised Panther and Pomoz like this.
  17. Fangs

Fangs Bench

I should add, 19 tries from 22 games in 2002. Really excelled in an under performing side.

18. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Without doubt best fullback in my 50 years of watching this club and at his best, in his prime was probably one of the best 5 players ever to play for us.

Fangs likes this.
  19. Dave's mate

Dave's mate Juniors

Seek help sweetie

OldPanther likes this.
  20. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

It is in your best interests to continue to bag James Maloney’s two years at our club you may get some support there. You ain’t gonna get any support bagging a legend like Rhys Wesser.