What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So the NRL have a freeze on contracts at the moment, the salary cap is likely to be heavily reduced next year and there’s still no idea what comp or clubs are around next year..

But yet the daily telegraph have a ‘scoop’..

Thank god toilet paper is back in stock. I’d hate to tarnish my quoit by using the DT to wipe it.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Newcastle offered $2.1million and the Dragons $2 million for 3 years according to reports. He is not used properly at the Dragons and is nearly 29. This will allow others to be retained such as Ford. Tyson was high impact but was never a matchwinner like other pivotal players in other teams.

TruSaint

Referee
Any chance you could copy and paste that article mate?

The Newcastle Knights have bolstered their ranks by signing Blues Origin star Tyson Frizell on a reported $2.1 million deal.

The 28-year-old had been mulling offers from both the Knights and the Dragons, but is understood to have settled on signing a three-year deal with the Knights, according to a Daily Telegraph report.

Frizell's reported deal with the Knights comes despite the NRL suspending contract negotiations with the league currently postponed, and it is unclear whether the Knights and Frizell had agreed to the contract prior to the league shutdown.

The NRL's salary cap auditor Richard Gardham told player agents and clubs on Thursday that there would be a hiatus in new player contacts.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb10551bc-b5cd-4738-b626-cecd9c4ebd23

Tyson Frizell has reportedly turned his back on the Dragons to sign a three-year deal with the Knights (Getty)
"Until otherwise notified, contracts and contract variations for both the current and future seasons should not be executed and will not be registered by the NRL," he wrote.

Speaking last month on his playing future, Frizell had stressed the importance of winning a premiership as being a defining factor of his choice.

"People know that I'm looking to win a premiership hopefully and play finals footy. That's what we do it for," he said.

The reported deal means that Frizell is set to join Origin teammates Mitchell Pearce and David Klemmer at the Knights.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tyson-...u0_Rmf0eFw-6IdNajCX7BdjGGgixoj0r7nV7E6zyzHdpY

SBD82

Coach
The Newcastle Knights have bolstered their ranks by signing Blues Origin star Tyson Frizell on a reported $2.1 million deal.

The 28-year-old had been mulling offers from both the Knights and the Dragons, but is understood to have settled on signing a three-year deal with the Knights, according to a Daily Telegraph report.

Frizell's reported deal with the Knights comes despite the NRL suspending contract negotiations with the league currently postponed, and it is unclear whether the Knights and Frizell had agreed to the contract prior to the league shutdown.

The NRL's salary cap auditor Richard Gardham told player agents and clubs on Thursday that there would be a hiatus in new player contacts.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb10551bc-b5cd-4738-b626-cecd9c4ebd23

Tyson Frizell has reportedly turned his back on the Dragons to sign a three-year deal with the Knights (Getty)
"Until otherwise notified, contracts and contract variations for both the current and future seasons should not be executed and will not be registered by the NRL," he wrote.

Speaking last month on his playing future, Frizell had stressed the importance of winning a premiership as being a defining factor of his choice.

"People know that I'm looking to win a premiership hopefully and play finals footy. That's what we do it for," he said.

The reported deal means that Frizell is set to join Origin teammates Mitchell Pearce and David Klemmer at the Knights.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tyson-...u0_Rmf0eFw-6IdNajCX7BdjGGgixoj0r7nV7E6zyzHdpY
Thanks Tru. You’re a gentleman.

Gareth67

First Grade
I’ve always liked Friz & hold no animosity toward him for making this decision.
Putting the current shutdown aside, you can tell that Newcastle are hellbent on climbing the ladder. Our club is hellbent on living off past glories.

Bud you hit the nail right on the head - and I mean with a big bluudy sledgehammer .
Best of luck to the man , I just hope that there will be games this same time next year .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Newcastle offered $2.1million and the Dragons $2 million for 3 years according to reports. He is not used properly at the Dragons and is nearly 29. This will allow others to be retained such as Ford. Tyson was high impact but was never a matchwinner like other pivotal players in other teams.

Only 100k between the offers but surely McGregor was the deciding factor.
Tyson knows first hand how McGregor will never get any team to a GF.

Latest posts