What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Dragonslayer

First Grade
  • The salary of Frizell + De Belin = D Fifita + Ford.
  • The salary of Graham should be enough to buy a good new prop.
  • The salaries of Aitken and Lafai should cover that of Williame and Suli.
  • Off-load Norman for Clune would provide a good salary saving.
  • Move Hunt to 6 and Clune to 7 would be a good solution.
  • Wingers of Ramsey and Saab will be a good solution.
  • Lomax will shine at fullback in 2021.
  • Replace Mary with Flanagan and we solve our coaching problems.
  • Give Dean Young the head coach job in one of the junior competitions.
I believe the above changes to our player roster will be enough to lift our NRL side into the top 6 in 2021.

Ok Poss lets have a look at your proposals:

1. I think the club will wait for the outcome of DeBelins trial before making any decision on re-resigning him, at that would be at a far reduced rate. That trial (atm) is in December. Fifira isnt going to hang around waiting. Also, Fifita has just had a pretty serious knee injury which will rule him out for the rest of this year. Ford (apparantly and unofficially) has already re-signed for 2 years.

2. Agree: Jammer's time is up as a player. A coaching role maybe?

3. Williame is already signed, but yeah a good portion of $$ could go to signing a player such as Suli

4. Offloading Norman involves 2 things (a) someone wants him, and (b) we would have to pay ongoing freight for the remaining year of his contract.

5. Don't discard young Sullivan pushing his case sooner than later.

6. Great prospects, however, both are (currently) lightweights, so which one bring the ball back in defense to get smashed?

7, 8, 9. Agree 100%

I think, and it's been said many times, why would Fifita come to the Dragons? He's currently playing for a team that regularly makes the finals, why would he even consider signing for a team whose prospects are best served avoiding the wooden spoon.

jeffdragon

Bench
Friz going. A few big names have gone in the past few years.
On the footy show they mentioned how many players the tigers let go over the last few years.
Teddy.koribete, addo carr, fifita, woods and papenhuysen.
Some big names go it's just the way it is .

possm

Coach
Ok Poss lets have a look at your proposals:

1. I think the club will wait for the outcome of DeBelins trial before making any decision on re-resigning him, at that would be at a far reduced rate. That trial (atm) is in December. Fifira isnt going to hang around waiting. Also, Fifita has just had a pretty serious knee injury which will rule him out for the rest of this year. Ford (apparantly and unofficially) has already re-signed for 2 years.

2. Agree: Jammer's time is up as a player. A coaching role maybe?

3. Williame is already signed, but yeah a good portion of $$ could go to signing a player such as Suli

4. Offloading Norman involves 2 things (a) someone wants him, and (b) we would have to pay ongoing freight for the remaining year of his contract.

5. Don't discard young Sullivan pushing his case sooner than later.

6. Great prospects, however, both are (currently) lightweights, so which one bring the ball back in defense to get smashed?

7, 8, 9. Agree 100%

I think, and it's been said many times, why would Fifita come to the Dragons? He's currently playing for a team that regularly makes the finals, why would he even consider signing for a team whose prospects are best served avoiding the wooden spoon.
Like it or not, the De Belin issue has divided our roster and played a part in the demise of our team's performance in 2019. His contract is up and so I would use all of Frizell's salary and however much of De Belins salary to sign Fifita. The two things that would change and possibly lure Fifita and Welch to our club is money and a new coach in Flanagan.

blacksafake

First Grade
Like it or not, the De Belin issue has divided our roster and played a part in the demise of our team's performance in 2019. His contract is up and so I would use all of Frizell's salary and however much of De Belins salary to sign Fifita. The two things that would change and possibly lure Fifita and Welch to our club is money and a new coach in Flanagan.
Fifita is a terrific player, But he Won’t be coming anywhere near our joint.
Welch is a real goer & looks to be of great quality off the field but he has had 2 knee reconstructions in 2 years which is a concern.

SaintPauli

Juniors
A very good reason to make salary caps public so we all know,
- what funds are available to go to market with
- ensure club is spending all of salary cap
- ensure less roarting

jeffdragon

Bench
I heard this morning directly from someone in the club that if Tyson wants to go to Knights early they would "gladly drive him to Newcastle tomorrow".
Its all gone very sour apparently.
This season is sure to be a disaster.
So he goes this year and we have nobody to replace him.
Can't rely on Host no JDB, Graham running on empty.Korbin injury prone.

LINESPEED

Juniors
So he goes this year and we have nobody to replace him.
Can't rely on Host no JDB, Graham running on empty.Korbin injury prone.

It’s called forward planning in a train wreck

The 113 from Dapto

....Andrew the signalman was asleep
dreaming of The Indies

Luckily most of the passengers had detrained long ago

Jeff, I'm not saying he'll go this year just that things have got a bit ugly.
If Frizzell goes early it would be the best thing that could happen. The club would have to face the reality of replacing him. If he plays on in what is left of the season, club wise, his heart probably won't be in it. It's not known if someone will step up and give a good account of them self. He leaves a large hole but its not the end of the world. The only drawback is the coach at this stage.

blacksafake

First Grade
I heard this morning directly from someone in the club that if Tyson wants to go to Knights early they would "gladly drive him to Newcastle tomorrow".
Its all gone very sour apparently.
This season is sure to be a disaster.
Fancy being “glad” to drive your best player who gives his all to another club.
It’s a shame the club has deteriorated to such an embarrassing level.
I’m effin over them

hazzbeen

Bench
Hey Blackie I’m sure us suffering fans would drive our Peanut of a coach to the end of the Earth & leave him there!
The whole club just doesn't get it do they ... The imbedded boys club jobs for the boys thing still as strong as ever , its all there for all to see , Hornby , Head gone , but Young Jr survives , bring back Merrin to retire along with the coach .... But get rid of a player that gives his all to another club ..... Yep things ain't changing quick enough for me to see we will be a force anytime soon .....

Dragon David

First Grade
The whole club just doesn't get it do they ... The imbedded boys club jobs for the boys thing still as strong as ever , its all there for all to see , Hornby , Head gone , but Young Jr survives , bring back Merrin to retire along with the coach .... But get rid of a player that gives his all to another club ..... Yep things ain't changing quick enough for me to see we will be a force anytime soon .....
It has become too obvious for many of us and the players themselves that the way the club is being run and what they are going to do for the future appears futile. Same bloody coach who knows nothing about team bonding and instilling a strong belief in themselves to do well for the SGI Dragons.

I don't think Tyson will have anything to prove in the remaining games with us. He will only go through the motions and if there is any dissent between him and the coach, it will be felt by the other players which will then have an affect on our games. This year for league cannot be ended quick enough!

Como Connection

First Grade
If Frizzell goes early it would be the best thing that could happen. The club would have to face the reality of replacing him. If he plays on in what is left of the season, club wise, his heart probably won't be in it. It's not known if someone will step up and give a good account of them self. He leaves a large hole but its not the end of the world. The only drawback is the coach at this stage.
With no reserve grade this year it gives Host, Ford and the other guy, sorry forgot his name, a chance if Frizz goes, so therefore for the future of the club release him before game three I say.
CC

Bench
If I was Tyson I would get the next train out to Newcastle. It would be the best thing for him and of course, Newcastle.
i am sure Tyson will kill it at Newcastle.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hope so for their sake
Hasnt fired a shot at Club level for almost two seasons

He certainly isn't a try scoring machine and has not got a good off load or passing game under his belt. He tries hard but that's about all for the club unfortunately. He is too quiet on the field and yielding to pressure. when push comes to shove!

The Knights coach might have a way to improve all of this in the next year or so but I do not think he will win a premiership at the Knights and his leaving is a "I don't like the Dragons coach" in my opinion not a "I will win a premiership at the Knights". Can he be moulded into a better player at the Knights? Experience might help but has no "purity' to go with it is how I sense it.