What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

jeffdragon

Bench
He certainly isn't a try scoring machine and has not got a good off load or passing game under his belt. He tries hard but that's about all for the club unfortunately. He is too quiet on the field and yielding to pressure. when push comes to shove!

The Knights coach might have a way to improve all of this in the next year or so but I do not think he will win a premiership at the Knights and his leaving is a "I don't like the Dragons coach" in my opinion not a "I will win a premiership at the Knights". Can he be moulded into a better player at the Knights? Experience might help but has no "purity' to go with it is how I sense it.
YES cost us in r 1 threw a shit pass, r2 fell over creating a gap
Wasn't the only one but I expected better from him.
To be honest him and others a busted once origin is done.It will he the same next year.

I heard this morning directly from someone in the club that if Tyson wants to go to Knights early they would "gladly drive him to Newcastle tomorrow".
Its all gone very sour apparently.
This season is sure to be a disaster.

As much as I'd love to see him in a Knights jersey sooner, I'd prefer to see him see out his contract with you guys first.
Hopefully just gossip

BLM01

First Grade
I just can’t get over all these negative comments about Tyson Frizzell and how he is done not much at our club in recent times and can’t wait for him to go.
he’s one of our best players week in week out just a shame he’s never been used properly in the last few years as is a good athlete who goes for 80

redv13

Bench
Mcflop has destroyed Frizell like every other decent player. People forget he actually busted a nut for this club!! It’s unbelievable that he is leaving but after being used very poorly by the peanut over the last few years Tyson has clearly had a gut full. Can’t blame him one bit, never seen a top line 1st grader misused as much as him in a long time. Our best player and usually top 5 for NSW each game but hey Mary knows best doesn’t he....

since77

Juniors
Mcflop has destroyed Frizell like every other decent player. People forget he actually busted a nut for this club!! It’s unbelievable that he is leaving but after being used very poorly by the peanut over the last few years Tyson has clearly had a gut full. Can’t blame him one bit, never seen a top line 1st grader misused as much as him in a long time. Our best player and usually top 5 for NSW each game but hey Mary knows best doesn’t he....

that first line just really says it all. McGregor is a cancer on this club

LINESPEED

Juniors
that first line just really says it all. McGregor is a cancer on this club

Yes Friz is now another bus victim as the madman careers down the highway to destruction & The Spoon
on
Ryan Webb’s
Day 31

.... of his anaemic “bedding down the coaching changes” FFS

... which for me is both his most lamentable and quite outrageous contribution to the farce thus far

And hello Albert & Board-

....enjoying the ride & the constant flak that you let Dousty wear alone

Cowards all

Someone said you were ‘honourable’ yesterday Albert & might lead the coup?

How about a forceful text to Andrew by the harbour -
about an immediate Board meeting to end this abysmal fiasco?

C’mon fellas, we expect better:

upload_2020-5-7_6-57-20.jpeg
Just sack him & we have a new beginning.

PS

No crowds allowed, but perhaps we’ll see some scathing banners strung up on WIN or Jubilee
Ryan

.....you know,
something might get past the prowling jackboots

It’s Murphy’s Law ATM

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
I just can’t get over all these negative comments about Tyson Frizzell and how he is done not much at our club in recent times and can’t wait for him to go.
he’s one of our best players week in week out just a shame he’s never been used properly in the last few years as is a good athlete who goes for 80
Absolutely. It's ridiculous to read all these disparaging comments about Frizell. He gives 100% every week and has been close to our best player for years. You only have to watch him in Origin or a Test Match to see his quality when he's surrounded by players who know what they're doing and have been given a decent game plan.

Old Timer

Coach
It’s almost a tradition for some fans to bag anyone & everyone who leaves our club.

Regardless of the most legitimate of reasons some fans just decide that player was “shit” a “traitor” or won’t be missed.

Frizz has been the backbone of IMO what has been a much over rated forward pack.

Without his toughness and huge motor we would have been severely worse off and suffered many more losses.

Frizz is not the most naturally gifted or creative player but his efforts have been Herculean every single time he has taken the field.

Even when severely busted he found ways to keep getting up off the ground and giving even more.

Anyone who derides his efforts is just a moron and knows SFA about footy.

If he leaves I wish him every success and compliment him greatly for the way he has conducted himself whilst representing our club. He has been exemplary in every facet of his private life and his career I hope some others learn from that.

redv13

Bench
It’s almost a tradition for some fans to bag anyone & everyone who leaves our club.

Regardless of the most legitimate of reasons some fans just decide that player was “shit” a “traitor” or won’t be missed.

Frizz has been the backbone of IMO what has been a much over rated forward pack.

Without his toughness and huge motor we would have been severely worse off and suffered many more losses.

Frizz is not the most naturally gifted or creative player but his efforts have been Herculean every single time he has taken the field.

Even when severely busted he found ways to keep getting up off the ground and giving even more.

If he leaves I wish him every success and compliment him greatly for the way he has conducted himself whilst representing our club. He has been exemplary in every facet of his private life and his career I hope some others learn from that.
Well said OT, agree 100%

LINESPEED

Juniors

And OT RMC stats would validate to a degree your suggestion re our forward pack
...who are reasonable at defending the goal line, but have had chronic deficiencies midfield with linespeed IMO

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree,
It's amazing how people turn as soon as a player signs elsewhere without knowing the reasons.
Frizz has always given a 100% when on the field & I for one will not begrudge him moving to greener pastures. Hope he kills it & dare I say, especially against us, but not too often lol.

getsmarty

Immortal
Agree,
It's amazing how people turn as soon as a player signs elsewhere without knowing the reasons.
Frizz has always given a 100% when on the field & I for one will not begrudge him moving to greener pastures. Hope he kills it & dare I say, especially against us, but not too often lol.

A massive loss which has been on the cards for a while. Could have all been averted with a few decent decisions...

BLM01

First Grade
Agree,
Yeh I must be watchin a total different game to some...:confused:

qld redvee

Juniors
Frizz has given his all every game and doesnt deserve to be bagged .. WE must remember that it is supercoach who has fine tuned frizz"s game and has him running back into traffic at every opportunity instead of having him run into gaps . remember it is supercoach who has coached passing out of the forwards their place in his hymn book is simply to run into opposition for the power game...
We all agree frizz is so much better in SOO compared to the dragons .. Answer as we know pure and simple ( remember that product from early 70"s??) is our beloved supercoach ... Thats why Frizz has left the SS Minnow ,, watch the guy play once the new coach adapts the game plan to suit frizzells strengths .. exactly what we have all constantly banged on about in this forum . A good coach has game plans to suit his players strengths . whereas we have a coach that insists on a game plan that just dumbs down the player to the most basic ....
good lick Tyson may your leaving be the catalyst for our coach leaving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Como Connection

First Grade
Frizz has given his all every game and doesnt deserve to be bagged .. WE must remember that it is supercoach who has fine tuned frizz"s game and has him running back into traffic at every opportunity instead of having him run into gaps . remember it is supercoach who has coached passing out of the forwards their place in his hymn book is simply to run into opposition for the power game...
We all agree frizz is so much better in SOO compared to the dragons .. Answer as we know pure and simple ( remember that product from early 70"s??) is our beloved supercoach ... Thats why Frizz has left the SS Minnow ,, watch the guy play once the new coach adapts the game plan to suit frizzells strengths .. exactly what we have all constantly banged on about in this forum . A good coach has game plans to suit his players strengths . whereas we have a coach that insists on a game plan that just dumbs down the player to the most basic ....
good lick Tyson may your leaving be the catalyst for our coach leaving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone has their own opinion.
I have be saying way before he signed with Newcastle that for the last two years for the club he has been disappointing.
CC

Can't disagree with you CC although at the same time he has been a weapon in Origin..arguably the toughest arena. All points to poor use of the player tactically in our club colours.
Frizzell is a real loss, his strengths outweighed any weakness he might have had, namely the ability to offload. It's a pity Host is not more physical, he has good size and speed but lacks that extra punch going forward. A decent coach would improve his defense and physicality.

qld redvee

Juniors
Everyone has their own opinion.
I have be saying way before he signed with Newcastle that for the last two years for the club he has been disappointing.
CC
CC I agree he has been disappointing for us BUT so has the vast majority of our top 30 squad UNDER MARY.. so maybe are opinions arent that different as he has not been used correctly ( to his strength ) by supercoach ..

qld redvee

Juniors
Can't disagree with you CC although at the same time he has been a weapon in Origin..arguably the toughest arena. All points to poor use of the player tactically in our club colours.
I think you nailed it sir ..... all comes down to supercoach and the basic one out power game where you dont have to be a tactical genius to coach