What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

BLM01

First Grade
Everyone has their own opinion.
I have be saying way before he signed with Newcastle that for the last two years for the club he has been disappointing.
CC
You cant say No.
Just say CC'
(Sorry CC every time I see your sign off I think of the corn chips add)
Re Frizz everyone does have their own opinion.
I agree with you only to the point what has been disappointing are his options with the ball in hand and when he is given it and how he is used.
(e.g. Frizz has long annoyed me the way he has stepped back into the ruck and traffic of his right leg when something could be created out wide or in lieu of running into holes.)

Now that has been going one for a few years frustratingly and I have been saying it for as long which only has now started to change since Flanno arrived.
Tyson's strengths...speed..busting tackles...has a quick play the ball...quicker than most due to his strength..so

Put him on the left side and watch him flourish!!!!!..(you can tell that idea came from Flanno this year) as he wont favour running back to the ruck and killing plays or wasting another settler.

or... leave him on the right if we must but coach him, practice, train for running into holes reasonably straight or slight variation off a play maker out wide and watch him flourish.
His quick play the ball will open up the attack, opportunities and holes for the other side...guaranteed left or right or someone backing him up will be in the clear and we score more tries..(not of kicks heaven forbid).

But...McNoidea being the great bloke he is will not get his senior players off side and continues to watch him be a battering ram and / or favouring his right foot step back to suck defenders into the middle to support McNoidea's power plays and thinks Tysons natural quick play the ball will just open up the middle.... for yet another power play with 7-8 defenders standing there waiting.

Why..because Tyson is just doing what comes natural so thats good enough for Mary
but ..all this has halted what he can potentially offer our or any team with a bit of tinkering, change and practice until he is comfortable doing it....all too late now!...maybe not for the Knights!

Last edited:

jak

Bench
You cant say No.
Just say CC'
I agree with you only to the point what has been disappointing are his options with the ball in hand and when he is given it and how he is used.
(e.g. Frizz has long annoyed me the way he has stepped back into the ruck and traffic of his right leg when something could be created out wide or in lieu of running into holes.)

Now that has been going one for a few years frustratingly and I have been saying it for as long which only has now started to change since Flanno arrived.
Tyson's strengths...speed..busting tackles...has a quick play the ball...quicker than most due to his strength..so

Put him on the left side and watch him flourish!!!!!..(you can tell that idea came from Flanno this year) as he wont favour running back to the ruck and killing plays or wasting another settler.

or... leave him on the right if we must but coach him, practice, train for running into holes reasonably straight or slight variation off a play maker out wide and watch him flourish.
His quick play the ball will open up the attack, opportunities and holes for the other side...guaranteed left or right or someone backing him up will be in the clear and we score more tries..(not of kicks heaven forbid).

But...McNoidea being the great bloke he is will not get his senior players off side and continues to watch him be a battering ram and / or favouring his right foot step back to suck defenders into the middle to support McNoidea's power plays and thinks Tysons natural quick play the ball will just open up the middle.... for yet another power play with 7-8 defenders standing there waiting.

Why..because Tyson is just doing what comes natural so thats good enough for Mary
but ..all this has halted what he can potentially offer our or any team with a bit of tinkering, change and practice until he is comfortable doing it....all too late now!...maybe not for the Knights!
mate,in my opinion your 100% correct.

Como Connection

First Grade
You cant say No.
Just say CC'

Agree with all your points, another wasted talent.
CC

LINESPEED

Juniors
Frizell free to go
After ending its six week contract freeze this week, the NRL finally approved Tyson Frizell’s contract with the Newcastle Knights from next season. Whispers won’t go away that he may be in the Hunter before the season’s out.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/who-your-nrl-team-will-play-twice-in-2020-20200510-p54rkb.html

Waterboy has no shame.

When you lose the support of men the calibre of Tyson, even a modicum of self reflection, self respect & decency would lead a fairdinkum coach to fall on his sword:

upload_2020-5-11_9-12-52.jpeg
No such honour here though

....especially when the very publically (humiliating but truthful) stated reason for abandonment is that this coach cannot coach a team to a premiership.

Today’s final news should rock the very foundations of our Club

- as there can be no more catastrophic event than a captain leaving for THAT reason.

Alarm bells & sirens should have been clanging & screaming in any normal Boardroom

.... but no, they’ve chosen the coward ostrich & vendetta options.

Elite players know we’re Waterboy’s basket case

- and no amount of projected cap space will entice anyone but retirees & someone looking for a drinking mate.

The Bookies are so right about your failed mate Andrew

... who I thought had muttered something about leaving if he lost the suooort of the players.

Tyson was THE player & leader in that team

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
If this is true then how do you cover for this re signing for the remainder of the season ? we dont need another kaufusi style of signing just for the heck of filling the roster . Use all the players that supercoach has amassed _ Merrin , Fui . Host And then look for a "suitable ' replacement for next year .. If frizz does pack his bags and go early then supercoach has his excuse for failing on a plate .. HOWEVER it is he who grants the release so in my opinion frizz leaving cant be used ( but he will) And if he allows frizz an early release then supposedly he has enough troops to cover the loss so business as usual
but i would say that there is more to it namely a right pissed off tyson that has probably unloaded on supercoach and both parties cant work togeether ?? anyone clarify

dungay dragon

Juniors
If this is true then how do you cover for this re signing for the remainder of the season ? we dont need another kaufusi style of signing just for the heck of filling the roster . Use all the players that supercoach has amassed _ Merrin , Fui . Host And then look for a "suitable ' replacement for next year .. If frizz does pack his bags and go early then supercoach has his excuse for failing on a plate .. HOWEVER it is he who grants the release so in my opinion frizz leaving cant be used ( but he will) And if he allows frizz an early release then supposedly he has enough troops to cover the loss so business as usual
but i would say that there is more to it namely a right pissed off tyson that has probably unloaded on supercoach and both parties cant work togeether ?? anyone clarify
Up until 2 seasons ago the Frizz was my fav Dragon player..
For whatever the reason , primarily the Coach , his club form has been well below his best
Its going to be a distraction for the entire season , If he stays and we continue to lose
Best to cut our losses and give Tyrell or another promising forward an opportunity
Rather have someone busting his arse for the joint and pull on the famous big red v , than someone that isnt ,
Good luck to him if he can regain that form at newcastle
Should put even more pressure on our bone headed coach
just saying ....

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why is Friz leaving us again?

Is it the money? No, we offered the same/matched what the Knights were offering.

Oh, he wants to win a premiership? So what does that say for his current club and coach?

I say he should leave now and the bald imposter should follow him out the door.

What are we waiting for?

Walpole

Juniors
Don't know about winning a premiership, but Friz has at least got a better chance of playing finals this year if he goes now. As is stands right now the Knights are 2nd, we're 13th and they're a 28 point better side based on both teams results against the Tigers.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Frizell free to go
After ending its six week contract freeze this week, the NRL finally approved Tyson Frizell’s contract with the Newcastle Knights from next season. Whispers won’t go away that he may be in the Hunter before the season’s out.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/who-your-nrl-team-will-play-twice-in-2020-20200510-p54rkb.html
Of course he'll be gone this year. After saying he's leaving so he can try and win a premiership the mismanagement would be livid

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Why is Friz leaving us again?

Is it the money? No, we offered the same/matched what the Knights were offering.

Oh, he wants to win a premiership? So what does that say for his current club and coach?

I say he should leave now and the bald imposter should follow him out the door.

What are we waiting for?

What r we waiting for?

Let’s try

....a little more laughter & humiliation from Andrew’s corporate circle re his failed dalliance with a footy ‘coach-mate’ & rapidly dismembering team?

Then he might be shamed into sacking his embarrassing mate

Last edited:

Banjo2014

Juniors
Frizell free to go

Let Tyson go on the proviso that he does not play against the Saints in 2020 during the rounds. We will take Saifiti and Guerrera in return.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is disappointing overall..

We had a genuine superstar in our side and he’s been misused and mismanaged to the point that he wants to go to Newcastle.

Nobody goes to Newcastle unless they’re paid overs.

And he’s not being paid overs.