What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Team predictions vs Broncos

Gronk

Staff member
PARRAMATTA EELS

The Eels will be without both Nathan Brown (suspension) and Reed Mahoney (ankle) in round three. Peni Terepo should replace Brown at lock with coach Brad Arthurs having options of either Ray Stone, Will Smith or Rhys Davies to replace Mahoney at hooker.

Expected team:

1. Clint Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Ray Stone 10. Junior Paulo 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Shaun Lane 13. Peni Terepo Interchange: 14. Brad Takairangi 15. Marata Niukore 16. Kane Evans 17. Will Smith

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/b7ee82efa29c5c7046d025349b4793ae

Noise

Coach
Round 7...which will be some time around December or January after the comp stops and starts another 2 or 3 times courtesy of the Rona....
Curtis_Rona50.jpg

Bandwagon

Staff member
He's still a chance of playing our next game, although do we want him borderline ok, which likely means having to carry a replacement for him on the bench for the sake of a few games.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's still a chance of playing our next game, although do we want him borderline ok, which likely means having to carry a replacement for him on the bench for the sake of a few games.

Ray Stone on bench would be fine.

Any news on NSW cup. I feel for these guys as they are not on big dollars. Some are caught in that middle ground where fulltime players o 1yr deals and need to play to secure new deals or hope to impress and get better deals.
Stone is a perfect example. It means he at best he gets an extension on min wage where a big year may of meant a longer contract.
Alvaro also will be effected.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mahoney would be back within 1 or 2 games.
We knew it was an issue prior to season starting. BA didn't so I trust his judgment on a replacement.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone who thinks Stone is a decent replacement for Mahoney is huffing paint.

BA seems to think fine.

I reckon they thought Kyle be ready by June 30 at a worse case option if Rheed injured and would make do with Rhys Davies,W.Smith or Stone till then if worse happend. And it did. Expect the Rona come

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA seems to think fine.

I reckon they thought Kyle be ready by June 30 at a worse case option if Rheed injured and would make do with Rhys Davies,W.Smith or Stone till then if worse happend. And it did. Expect the Rona come
BA is a paint Huffer.

He was also fine with Kenny Edwards and Nathan Brown playing there. As I said Nut Huffer.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon, with the exception of Issac Luke (and even then...), that all the hooking options that have gone around, none are worth it. None of them would’ve been guaranteed top 17 and in all cases we’d have had to overpay them. And honestly some of them... we already have the great Billy Smith.
BA may have some wacky ideas about use of players, but he knows not to overspend on uselessness (we’ve definitely hit our quota)

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels
  1. Clint Gutherson
  2. Maika Sivo
  3. Michael Jennings
  4. Waqa Blake
  5. Blake Ferguson
  6. Dylan Brown
  7. Mitchell Moses
  8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
  9. Ray Stone/Reed Mahoney
  10. Junior Paulo
  11. Shaun Lane
  12. Ryan Matterson
  13. Peni Terepo
  14. Brad Takairangi
  15. Marata Niukore
  16. Kane Evans
  17. David Gower
Others: Will Smith, Jaeman Salmon, Daniel Alvaro, Oregon Kaufusi.

Reed Mahoney's foot injury before the break appears to be Parramatta's biggest concern, although the dummy half will be close to a return by the time May 28 comes around. Eels coach Brad Arthur said he was leaning towards Ray Stone to replace Mahoney for the short-term, while they also have Will Smith and Rhys Davies as options at hooker.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/05/13/round-3-predicted-teams-burton-in-frame-croft-cleared/

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon, with the exception of Issac Luke (and even then...), that all the hooking options that have gone around, none are worth it. None of them would’ve been guaranteed top 17 and in all cases we’d have had to overpay them. And honestly some of them... we already have the great Billy Smith.
BA may have some wacky ideas about use of players, but he knows not to overspend on uselessness (we’ve definitely hit our quota)

Licha would of been a cheap handy back up.