What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
same, played the final act at Livid and struggled to stay awake

f**king horrible band

84 Baby

Referee
It’s about time too.

View attachment 37977
Is that the love child of Flacco and Sandman?
images

strider

Post Whore
Why are they switching to a single referee now? ... what has changed? .... we only want one referee getting covid? Cost cutting?

T.S Quint

Coach
Why are they switching to a single referee now? ... what has changed? .... we only want one referee getting covid? Cost cutting?

I’m more concerned about this new ‘6 again’ rule for ruck infringements. Why bring it in now after the season has already started and without it even being trialed anywhere before? Makes no sense.

strider

Post Whore
I’m more concerned about this new ‘6 again’ rule for ruck infringements. Why bring it in now after the season has already started and without it even being trialed anywhere before? Makes no sense.
Dunno if that is a definite change yet or just talk

T.S Quint

Coach
Am I correct in thinking it’s a discretionary penalty where the ref can choose to either give a full penalty or just call six more tackles?

If so this is just more unneeded pressure to be put on the refs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not really. It just means when in doubt he'll give six again rather than a penalty. It also means he'll be more likely to give six again than allow defenders to slow the ruck.

I'm expecting a return to 2001-style rolling up the field and defences constantly on the back foot, which won't suit the likes of Junior Paulo. I'm expecting to see more milking as well, as refs will be more inclined to give six again than they were to blow penalties. Whinging dummy halves with their hands in the air on every tackle. Do us proud Gutho.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not really. It just means when in doubt he'll give six again rather than a penalty. It also means he'll be more likely to give six again than allow defenders to slow the ruck.

I'm expecting a return to 2001-style rolling up the field and defences constantly on the back foot, which won't suit the likes of Junior Paulo. I'm expecting to see more milking as well, as refs will be more inclined to give six again than they were to blow penalties. Whinging dummy halves with their hands in the air on every tackle. Do us proud Gutho.

On the flipside that would suit Paulo in attack

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he would be unstoppable if he wasn't fingered from the previous defensive set. But I reckon even quick middles like Evans, Niukore and Terepo would be a lot more effective.

Latest posts