What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member

I want Mort, the guy on the left.

images

strider

Post Whore
I know nothing about him but that merkin on the left just doesnt look like someone you want to trust

Gronk

Staff member
I know nothing about him but that merkin on the left just doesnt look like someone you want to trust

The bloke on the left is from Souths. Formerly from Manchester United or Liverpool FC or something like that.

IFR33K

Coach
In 100 years time, people won’t look back thinking it was a miracle how the game survived the the SL war, the countless scandals or the pandemic, they’ll look back thinking it was a miracle the game survived under Greenberg.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think it's difficult for the game to survive in some form. All that's required are players able to play and audiences willing to watch it.

Gronk

Staff member
In 100 years time, people won’t look back thinking it was a miracle how the game survived the the SL war, the countless scandals or the pandemic, they’ll look back thinking it was a miracle the game survived under Greenberg.

Looks to me that Greenberg's head was part of the truce deal with News and Ch9. Just an observation of timing rather than a comment on whether Greenberg's tenure was a fail or not.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t think the current NRL financial status is all on Turdster. There’s plenty of other shit that’s his fault though

strider

Post Whore
Its cool to bitch about how Newscorp ran Todd out of the job, but they should remember back to how they also ran him into the job in the first place .... what goes around comes around

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its cool to bitch about how Newscorp ran Todd out of the job, but they should remember back to how they also ran him into the job in the first place .... what goes around comes around

I think it was more to do with Ch 9 as Vlandys was mostly responsible for the renegotiated deal for the rest of this season where as Todd stood up to 9 as they tended to run the game to suit themselves..

As much as I'd like to I dont think we can blame this one on News Corp.

Plenty of light reading here

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/todd-greenberg-stands-down.480049/

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Did anyone else hear the Count and Luke Lewis talking about the 2003 Kangaroo tour yesterday on ABC? Holy crap, some of those guys were loose. And that's just the stuff that they could say. Made me lol some of the shit they got up to. Luckily no smart phones back then.

strider

Post Whore
Did anyone else hear the Count and Luke Lewis talking about the 2003 Kangaroo tour yesterday on ABC? Holy crap, some of those guys were loose. And that's just the stuff that they could say. Made me lol some of the shit they got up to. Luckily no smart phones back then.
No ... please provide details :grinning:

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
No ... please provide details :grinning:
I can't source them. Will I be in trouble with the bosses? But apparently Chris Anderson endorsed hard partying when the tour party spent time in Spain, and there were small animals like iguanas and chinchillas brought into camp as mascots.