What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
you dont get job offers when your on crack like this guy lol
You wish you knew.

But you are a wannbe sports admin.

Not sure what you do. Do not care either. you're a VFL fan.

I do what I do well, money is very over rated, took me a long to realise that, my Dad told me, guess I had to be sure, but he was correct.

I know an ungrateful scab when I see one.

Love your family, money means very little.

Life is harder with out it, no doubt.

Valheru

Coach
Wow he's revealed his true colours in that tweet.

And I don't buy the "I was hacked" excuse.

The thing about stories like this is the media don't go in to specifics unless they have some pretty good oil on the story. If they are making it up, they won't name names or the club.

The player then denies the story and goes on a tirade and ends up looking rather silly.

gerg

Juniors
A few, not the point.

You are talking earning 600k but wanting more with the economy in a hole.

Sure, go for it scab.

I stayed with those who me a chance first.

Ungrateful human.

Done here, who ever gets him remember there are many better.

Enjoy a scab, your choice.

Do you mean you drafted up a stern letter to ScoMo when he recently doubled your centrelink benefits?

Just jokes of course:)

nick87

Coach
Wow he's revealed his true colours in that tweet.

And I don't buy the "I was hacked" excuse.

JB hasnt said he was hacked. He said it's a fake tweet... as in it was photoshopped and that tweet actually never was tweeted from his account. I follow him, my twitter alerts me when he posts, it never appeared from his account for me.

Someone is doctoring a screencap of his tweets and changing the content is what he is claiming.

nick87

Coach
A few, not the point.

You are talking earning 600k but wanting more with the economy in a hole.

Sure, go for it scab.

I stayed with those who me a chance first.

Ungrateful human.

Done here, who ever gets him remember there are many better.

Enjoy a scab, your choice.

Ok, and are you forced into retirement from your industry in your early to mid 30s?
He is.

Did the pursuit of your job require a level of dedication that limits the ability to diversify yourself occupationally and cripple you physically limiting your ability to work beyond retirement in your industry?
His did and does.

Your situation is not remotely similar to his situation. He doesn't get the luxury of taking significant pay cuts to be in a good environment knowing he's got 30-40 years of employment, he's got 10-15 max, and at the end of that there is no telling what limitations he will have on his ability to work in the 30 years after his retirement. Playing RL is very physically taxing and lot of players end their careers with knees, ankles, shoulders, backs etc that are so jacked up, working isnt always easy. Especially for someone who plays the game like he does.

JB should get every f**king cent he can get out of this game. I hope its with my club because he's the best backrower in the world, and an insanely fun guy to root for.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok, and are you forced into retirement from your industry in your early to mid 30s?
He is.

Did the pursuit of your job require a level of dedication that limits the ability to diversify yourself occupationally and cripple you physically limiting your ability to work beyond retirement in your industry?
His did and does.

Your situation is not remotely similar to his situation. He doesn't get the luxury of taking significant pay cuts to be in a good environment knowing he's got 30-40 years of employment, he's got 10-15 max, and at the end of that there is no telling what limitations he will have on his ability to work in the 30 years after his retirement. Playing RL is very physically taxing and lot of players end their careers with knees, ankles, shoulders, backs etc that are so jacked up, working isnt always easy. Especially for someone who plays the game like he does.

JB should get every f**king cent he can get out of this game. I hope its with my club because he's the best backrower in the world, and an insanely fun guy to root for.
My heart is bleeding Fish and Chips from the cliffs of Dover.

Signed on great money, whinges.

The hooker worth twice as much.

Poor widdle footy player.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My heart bleeds bacardi breezers for Dugan.

My heart bleeds pure cocaine for Moylan.

Such a tough life.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Do you mean you drafted up a stern letter to ScoMo when he recently doubled your centrelink benefits?

Just jokes of course:)
ScoMo made it so we could keep the receptionist on after making her take her holidays. The government helped.

Canard

Immortal
JB hasnt said he was hacked. He said it's a fake tweet... as in it was photoshopped and that tweet actually never was tweeted from his account. I follow him, my twitter alerts me when he posts, it never appeared from his account for me.

Someone is doctoring a screencap of his tweets and changing the content is what he is claiming.

It feels as fake as a 2 bob watch. #DitchDon and the shit emojo again for example?

However, I'm not sure how many Bacardi Breezers were consumed on a rooftop.......

Perth Red

Post Whore
Blokes moved away from his young dtr with the primary aim of earning as much as he can to support her. $600k is nothing to be sneezed at for someone with no qualifications other than being able to play a game but cant really blame him for wanting to maximise his earnings.

Dont really buy the ten year career thing, good players will earn more in those ten years than the majority of them could hope to earn in a 50 year career with the qualifications or skills outside of football they've got. We arent talking about NRL or Surgery as career choices for most of them lol. Bouncer or removalist doesn't pay much.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
My heart is bleeding Fish and Chips from the cliffs of Dover.

Signed on great money, whinges.

The hooker worth twice as much.

Poor widdle footy player.

So that was a firm NO to those questions i guess.
No one is saying these guys are struggling or that they deserve sympathy, but if you want to actually talk honestly about the free agency situation and how players approach their contracts when they are over performing against them, the least you can do is try and see both sides of the argument... otherwise you just sort of come off like a loser who's jealous he was never good enough to be in their position.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
At this point I have to remove myself emotionally from this stuff. One thing I'll say is that it always feels like it plays out in the public in crazy ways a lot with the raiders

shear_joy9

Coach
At this point I have to remove myself emotionally from this stuff. One thing I'll say is that it always feels like it plays out in the public in crazy ways a lot with the raiders

wouldn't say that's just the Raiders. It turns into a circus with every high profile player. Just look at Latrell and Fifita. Bateman has just turned a match into a bon fire by responding on twitter.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So that was a firm NO to those questions i guess.
No one is saying these guys are struggling or that they deserve sympathy, but if you want to actually talk honestly about the free agency situation and how players approach their contracts when they are over performing against them, the least you can do is try and see both sides of the argument... otherwise you just sort of come off like a loser who's jealous he was never good enough to be in their position.
Too you, not jealous at all.

Anyways I will save my empathy for the tourism and service industry unemployed.

You keep up the good fight for the guy on 600k.

Ca...nt....stop....my....heart....bleed...ing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
With 600k he could afford a medical degree or engineering maybe....with no student debt...

The possibilities are endless.