What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

betcats

Referee
he didn’t stick up xerri if that’s what you reckon.
He made that part clear.

He questioned the timing and the length of time it took to announce it.
A fair f**king question too.
The same question every single commentator asked.
Then they blamed bushfires and COVID
HAHA

What kind of moron thinks they held it back just to create headlines? lol wtf

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

carcharias

Immortal

so a bushfire down the south coast slowed down the announcement?

that’s what Richard Ings suggests

“Ings believes the Christmas shutdowns, the bushfires over summer and the coronavirus pandemic could well have been just one of the factors causing the delay since November. The COVID-19 crisis particularly could have potentially limited laboratory work with reduced capacity there a possible issue.“

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/130e9286-497c-4c4b-8f28-c6e51896e55c

betcats

Referee

“Ings believes the Christmas shutdowns, the bushfires over summer and the coronavirus pandemic could well have been just one of the factors causing the delay since November. The COVID-19 crisis particularly could have potentially limited laboratory work with reduced capacity there a possible issue.“

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/130e9286-497c-4c4b-8f28-c6e51896e55c

So if this came out in February there wouldnt be headlines? hahaha Seriously on what f**king planet would this positive test not create massive headlines? Any time of the year and that this came out it would of been a huge story he is clutching at straws massively.

If Gal is pissed about the head lines he should've come out and blasted Xerri not asada, xerri created these headlines he is responsible.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I think the more relevant question is. do you honestly think ASADA just has it out for the Sharks...? This is the part that gets me.

Why would an agency such as ASADA, go to such great lengths to shit on some tiny little NRL club from Sydney..? They don't care that much about the Sharks. Not many do outside their supporters. So again, why would a government agency want to target the Sharks? What makes them so special?

carcharias

Immortal
So if this came out in February there wouldnt be headlines? hahaha Seriously on what f**king planet would this positive test not create massive headlines? Any time of the year and that this came out it would of been a huge story he is clutching at straws massively.

If Gal is pissed about the head lines he should've come out and blasted Xerri not asada, xerri created these headlines he is responsible.

Yet you’ll buy the bushfire story?
Bwhahaha

carcharias

Immortal
I think the more relevant question is. do you honestly think ASADA just has it out for the Sharks...? This is the part that gets me.

Why would an agency such as ASADA, go to such great lengths to shit on some tiny little NRL club from Sydney..? They don't care that much about the Sharks. Not many do outside their supporters. So again, why would a government agency want to target the Sharks? What makes them so special?

you care a fair bit.

betcats

Referee
Yet you’ll buy the bushfire story?
Bwhahaha

And you will buy anything that comes out of Gallens mouth. Ive got no idea what the delay was, I dont pretend to know the inner workings of asada. And I dont care about the timing tbh, as long they expose the cheats they are doing their job imo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A hypothetical conversation
Dank: I'm going to inject you with this stuff
Sharks player: is it legal?
Dank: yeh no worries there mate, your club know
Sharks Player: oh, ok then.

Either thick as pig sht or didn't care if it was banned or not.

They are all taught from 15 years old that they are responsible for what they take and to check all ingredients and substances on the WADA website. Never heard Gallen say he checked with WADA or ASADA that it was ok?

carcharias

Immortal
And you will buy anything that comes out of Gallens mouth. Ive got no idea what the delay was, I dont pretend to know the inner workings of asada. And I dont care about the timing tbh, as long they expose the cheats they are doing their job imo.
Bushfires
Months after the test are being used as a reason .

You don’t think the timing is weird?
Seriously?
The day before the comp restarts.

the peptides was also the same week the comp started.
I think the Thursday morning from memory.

Every single commentator found it sus.
Even NRL hating Peter FitzSimoms said it was sus.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bushfires

Seriously?

Its more likely they were using the time to try and get evidence of him knowingly taking it.

betcats

Referee
Bushfires

Seriously?

Given the clubs history its seems most likely to me it was related to investigating the extent of the cheating and the source of it and who might've known about it.

A hypothetical conversation
Dank: I'm going to inject you with this stuff
Sharks player: is it legal?
Dank: yeh no worries there mate, your club know
Sharks Player: oh, ok then.

Believe it or not this is kinda what happened EXCEPT...

The club has an in house computer (all clubs do) with an official WADA/ASADA database.
Gallen (and others) went to the database and checked the substances.
There is a log of the check.
At the date of checking it came back clear- the substance did not appear on the banned list. (It did not appear on the approved list either)
The substances were banned later but on the recorded day of the players checking them they were not banned.

This minute and largely forgotten detail is how the players got away with a "duped not doped" charge.

The shocking, ridiculous part about all of this was that Dank was not an employee of the club- he was just someone who blagged his way into training and they let hang around.

Gallen has a history of playing at the envelope in all aspects of life but was indeed done over and it was categorically the Sharks fault that Dank wasn't regulated. Gallen is a training machine and extraordinarily careful about what goes into his body, like most pro athletes. For a bloke who could have been undone for a hundred other things there was a cruel irony he was hung for the one thing he wouldnt knowingly do.

The board, which was acting without its chairman and an active CEO in another act of utter betrayal and incompetence turned over every server in the joint to ASADA, the police and the feds. If there was genuine doping going on they would have been destroyed. The fact is they paid a very harsh penalty for some shocking management- allowing a non accredited, non employee of the club to administer at best dubious substances against the advice of the Doctor? Geez. Who was responsible for all this? Look no further than the assistant coach at St George.

Xerri was only a teenager at this time but given the impact it had on the club, coaches and players it beggars belief he has done this.

* I know people who worked at the club at the time- other posters on here can verify my knowledge and a similar timeline is explained in Gallens book. Up to you if you believe it or not.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agreed thatthe fact it wasnt on the banned list was a poor oversight on WADA's part, and I suspect one of the key reasons why they got off so lightly. WADA still havent resolved this and generally only update the banned list every 12 months.
Still they are educated that if it isnt on the approved list they should call the helpline to clarify.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Agreed thatthe fact it wasnt on the banned list was a poor oversight on WADA's part, and I suspect one of the key reasons why they got off so lightly. WADA still havent resolved this and generally only update the banned list every 12 months.
Still they are educated that if it isnt on the approved list they should call the helpline to clarify.
That contradicts your earlier post then, hey.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Its more likely they were using the time to try and get evidence of him knowingly taking it.

That might be true and they might have waited until the last minute before they knew he was going to play.

So if that's the case, Gal probably has a reason to blow up about the delay and its effect on the club.

ACTPanthers

Bench
That might be true and they might have waited until the last minute before they knew he was going to play.

So if that's the case, Gal probably has a reason to blow up about the delay and its effect on the club.
No, he really doesn't - Why would a government agency have to answer to Paul Gallen?