What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'll ask again as it was ignored by Carch

Why would ASADA want to specifically target and f**k over a little NRL club in Sydney?

betcats

Referee
You do realise they aren’t the cops?

So what? they still took his phone. They dont just do tests and ban athletes that test positive, they look into everyone around that athlete and try to get everyone involved, that is their job.

betcats

Referee
That might be true and they might have waited until the last minute before they knew he was going to play.

So if that's the case, Gal probably has a reason to blow up about the delay and its effect on the club.

The sharks roster management is no concern at all for asada.

Lebbo73

Bench
Oh yes when Glen Lazarus played for 80 mins in an origin game everyone was amazed how he could to it right, after all he must have been on peptides aswell
Lazarus or Price never punched out his numbers in defence as well. Gallen was very active for a big man. Then the Cronulla players all were suspended and these numbers all dropped off. It must’ve been old age that changed everything.

carcharias

Immortal
So what? they still took his phone. They dont just do tests and ban athletes that test positive, they look into everyone around that athlete and try to get everyone involved, that is their job.

They took his phone after he was told he was positive.

what if ( like you think ) they were after more players and let him go on training?
Then he injured a clean player whilst he should’ve been suspended?
Then what?

betcats

Referee
They took his phone after he was told he was positive.

what if ( like you think ) they were after more players and let him go on training?
Then he injured a clean player whilst he should’ve been suspended?
Then what?

Then nothing, you pick up an injury at training and continue as normal.

Lebbo73

Bench
If you want to defame then just go ahead and do it. I don't care.

Don't pussyfoot around with your ifs and buts.
I didn’t defame him. I said it was questionable that those numbers have never been done or repeated over such a period. Not even close. Then they ended after Gallen himself accepted the penalty and the accusation that he’d taken peptides.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That might be true and they might have waited until the last minute before they knew he was going to play.

So if that's the case, Gal probably has a reason to blow up about the delay and its effect on the club.

Its they're job to catch drug cheats, not manage the sharks roster lol

myrrh ken

First Grade
The sharks roster management is no concern at all for asada.

No one is saying they do. But they should be proceeding in a procedurally fair manner, which includes timeliness. If there was little reason to wait for 6 months, then yeah Gal can vent his spleen if he wants.

carcharias

Immortal
Then nothing, you pick up an injury at training and continue as normal.

yeah right
A professional athlete gets career ending injury from drug cheat who should’ve been banned??
Play on you reckon?

haha
You are f**king dreaming.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I didn’t defame him. I said it was questionable that those numbers have never been done or repeated over such a period. Not even close. Then they ended after Gallen himself accepted the penalty and the accusation that he’d taken peptides.

Haha what a coward. What was that stuff about coincidence then?

Taumololo has great stats as well doesn't he?

betcats

Referee
yeah right
A professional athlete gets career ending injury from drug cheat who should’ve been banned??
Play on you reckon?

haha
You are f**king dreaming.

What do you think happens? I have no idea what ASADAs accountability is in that situation why would I? If anyone should be worried in that situation i think it would be the sharks and the nrl.

Edit: You do understand that if they held it back for a sharks stitch up(like you think) or if they held it back to keep investigating there is the exact same risk of your hypothetical career ending injury right??

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
That contradicts your earlier post then, hey.

To some degree, though as I said all players are taught from a young age to be super careful when administering performance related drugs, a quick call to the helpline would have clarified it for them, especially as they knew exactly what substance they were being administered. Even a quick google would have shown it was a growth hormone stimulant and sent the alarm bells ringing surely?

nick87

Coach
I'm not really understanding the calls from sharks fans about posters facing legal action from Paul Gallen.

Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Gallen accept the breach notice from ASADA and was banned for 12 months (back dated suspension) for taking banned substances?
He essentially plead guilty, no?

if that's the case, if i didnt just dream that up, there is no debate to be had here. The man plead guilty to taking a banned substance... the only question is whether what was handed down, that being the 12 month back dated suspension, was adequate punishment for the infraction committed.

There is some nuance in that, in terms what what duty of care and what reasonable level of trust Gallen and co should have in their club and team doctors, but all doping agencies make it perfectly clear that an athlete is ultimately responsible for what goes in their bodies. As far as that is concern, Gallen accepted his breach. He is, at his own admission, a "drug cheat"

I suspect Gallen has come to terms with this, it's weird sharks fans have not.

Re: Carroll and Gallen, who gives a shit if two lumbering idiots are jawing at each other. It's probably just some ruse to set up a bit of a rivalry for some boxing match down the line.

carcharias

Immortal
What do you think happens? I have no idea what ASADAs accountability is in that situation why would I? If anyone should be worried in that situation i think it would be the sharks and the nrl.

Edit: You do understand that if they held it back for a sharks stitch up(like you think) or if they held it back to keep investigating there is the exact same risk of your hypothetical career ending injury right??

maybe that is why they are saying COVID and Bushfires and Santa held up the announcement.
He probably got the B sample tested yesterday.
I bet my balls it doesn’t take 6 months to get the result.
Although they could use school holidays as an excuse .

Frailty

First Grade
Yet you’ll buy the bushfire story?
Bwhahaha

Considering there were hospitals that had reduced capacity due to smoke causing complications with equipment, isn't it a reasonable expectation that it would affect a lab's capacity to ensure it isn't contaminated?

That being said, I think the delays should be looked into by Government to ensure that timelines are not dragged out and put the integrity of sport at risk. What if a team won the competition between the test and the results? What if a player had been injured by a PED-effected athlete?

As for the phone being confiscated - it is most likely part of the investigation of Xerri to identify anytime he sourced the substances, and thus evidence that it wasn't an accidental consumption.

betcats

Referee
maybe that is why they are saying COVID and Bushfires and Santa held up the announcement.
He probably got the B sample tested yesterday.
I bet my balls it doesn’t take 6 months to get the result.
Although they could use school holidays as an excuse .
So what would happen if your hypothetical eventuated?

It seems like you think they took some kind of big risk just to stitch up the sharks and create a worse headline for the sharks? That is seriously delusional.

COVID shut the whole world down but there is no way it could hold up ASADA? you are sounding ridiculous. Paul Gallen stupid.

Latest posts