What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN Corporation

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I dread to think what it’ll be like when the old man drops off the perch & the imbecile son inherits the empire. He’ll probably throw Mary & Millward on the Board of Directors after both serving 10 years of pure mediocrity.
Dunno - if the media reports are true that Gordon joined the meeting to say “no payout” (which, I must say is very impressive to see a 91 year old using zoom without asking “how do the people all fit in the computer?”) then it may be a different story.. Had he not been around today, would the payout have gone ahead?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Dunno - if the media reports are true that Gordon joined the meeting to say “no payout” (which, I must say is very impressive to see a 91 year old using zoom without asking “how do the people all fit in the computer?”) then it may be a different story.. Had he not been around today, would the payout have gone ahead?
The WIN board members and son Andrew, probably just shifted the blame to Old Man Gordon thinking he won’t read the media online from Bermuda with poor eye sight and memory loss.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The WIN board members and son Andrew, probably just shifted the blame to Old Man Gordon thinking he won’t read the media online from Bermuda with poor eye sight and memory loss.
If this is true, hopefully one of the noble St George board members will advise the press of this so that we can get change.

Dragon David

First Grade
For what it is worth, my gripe about that supposed "meeting" last Tuesday of the BOD was probably the same sort of get together they had when the "review" was held late last year. These to me were done to show us fans that they were "doing" something about Mary but in reality they knew what the outcome was going to be.

These board members/directors are just puppets to the "godfather" who has the deepest pockets and his purse strings have thousands of knots that he cannot undo to get his money out.

"Best to call the old man says Andy and see if he wants us to flick Mary this time". "G'day dad - glad that you are able to use the zoom - I've just learned how to , hope you are having a marvellous and relaxing time in the Bahamas while us hard working members here are scratching our heads wondering what we should do about Mary hehehe!" The old man says "What do you mean by waking me from my siesta to talk about this guy... who did you say it was? Oh Mary, well yes he is our old buddy and we want to keep him there don't we gentlemen?" All answer - "yessir". "Ok that settles it says BG, keep him on and in any case I cannot outlay a cent to pay him out anyway and that is all he is worth. Please don't ring me on this matter again and that is final". "OK bye for now daddy" says young Andy to his dad and all the others in the room yell out "Cheerio old chap" leaving BG to let out a big sigh and say to himself, "the useless cretins now back to my siesta".

Old Timer

Coach
Time to end this dud JV and enter into a new one with Toronto Wolfpack

They’ve got plenty of $$$ and are such a natural fit for us as we have previously been a nursery for them and the SBW signing would make us all appreciate the real value for money our signings are in comparison.

possm

Coach
After the WIN Corp. bought into the Joint Vent who truly thought that we would find ourselves in such dire straights , both as a rugby league team and administration wise ?

Not I , as I believed that they would be the J.V’s saviors , by providing both an influx of funds and also astute management of the Dragons finances .

I recall a member saying “ Be careful of what you wish for “. Well that particular individual certainly knew what he was talking about as ever since , every aspect of the J.Venture has gone down the plug hole at a rate of knots .

Cannot realistically see the Dragons climbing the ladder in the foreseeable future whilst they self-implode . No point taking the Grandkids out to the matches any longer , they become more disappointed then myself .
Asking all Dragons supporters to not watch WIN TV and boycott products from any firms that advertise on WIN TV will be a message that the Gordons' will not miss.

Gareth67

First Grade
Asking all Dragons supporters to not watch WIN TV and boycott products from any firms that advertise on WIN TV will be a message that the Gordons' will not miss.

We need to start from somewhere possum and that is as good a place as any . However we both know that it will take something more concrete to truly shatter their stranglehold on the Dragons air supply .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lol..

They’ve got millions of viewers.. Not sure that our fan base in their catchment areas would even make a dent, tbh..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I haven’t watched a minute of WIN TV nor spent a cent at the leagues club since WIN took over.

piesplusreturns

Juniors
I was done when they closed the auditorium.

The Big O, Pitney, Sedaka, many great bands and artists all packed the place to the rafters and then we ended up with the Warren Carr Orchestra and they even got dwindled down to a trio.

According to Wikipedia, the Les Patterson character was invented when at a gig at St George Leagues Club, Barry Humphries came out and pretended to be the club's entertainment officer.

Nice to know his inspiration is still probably gainfully employed on the board of directors...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson

getsmarty

Immortal
Andrew Webster made some very good points on the 9 footy show..

1/. Gordon and the St George leagues club need to put their hands in their pockets to payout McGregor and bring in a new coach
2/. Massive problems at the club which will take some time to fix...suggested as Bennett would only be here for 3 years , may not be the best option.
3/. Suggested chasing Peter O'sullivan for recruitment along with a decent coach...

That's all i can remember but...basically gave it to the Board on both sides......

Well done

merahputih

Juniors
According to Wikipedia, the Les Patterson character was invented when at a gig at St George Leagues Club, Barry Humphries came out and pretended to be the club's entertainment officer.

Nice to know his inspiration is still probably gainfully employed on the board of directors...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson
PPR, I was lucky enough to go with a mob from work to see that show at the Taj Mahal in 1974. A few people walked out but most of us laughed our heads off. The vomit stains down his shirt front and the bulge in his pants were all class.

possm

Coach
Andrew Webster made some very good points on the 9 footy show..

1/. Gordon and the St George leagues club need to put their hands in their pockets to payout McGregor and bring in a new coach
2/. Massive problems at the club which will take some time to fix...suggested as Bennett would only be here for 3 years , may not be the best option.
3/. Suggested chasing Peter O'sullivan for recruitment along with a decent coach...

That's all i can remember but...basically gave it to the Board on both sides......

Well done
At least our CEO understands that we need to sack both Millward and Mary.

getsmarty

Immortal
At least our CEO understands that we need to sack both Millward and Mary.

Again you have misread the quote.....Andrew Webster ( NOT OUR CEO ) said the whole place needed a broom put through it...starting with the coach....he then Correctly stated that Win and the St george side of the merger needed to put their hands into their pockets in order the pay out the coach....The sullivan comment was a passing comment...You do know who he is ?? The recruitment officer that was caught up in the Salary cap cheating dramas at the Storm in 2010.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/melbourne-storm-stripped-of-everything-20100422-tfy6.html

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-man-who-found-the-storms-hidden-file-20100422-tg03.html

Seriously...I have never seen someone with such a one track mind....in terms of trying to twist statements in order to suit their own make believe agendas....You would have made an excellent politician....

Please don't bother replying anymore...It's like beating your head against a brick wall ..

Have a good day possm.