What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghippo

Juniors
Yeah Raiders are good at center, they won't need him - I'm a little hesitant when it comes to backs from the Mother Country though...

How's his defence?
That’s the hard part to figure out with the international players. A lot of it has to do with defensive structures at clubs as well as individual skill.
From what I have read he is mainly noted for his attacking attributes.

Sime_11

Juniors
tbf to English players coming across in recent years - they've all just about made good impressions in the league except those who went to the Titans, because its the titans and how poor they've been,

most English players have a good strike rate here for performing but don't really go on to be the best standard in the league - Hodgson is very good but he's not a Cam Smith, the only real mention probably should go to Sam Burgess.

English players get overhyped too easily when they make the move down under - just like juniors coming through the ranks, some players warrant the hype and other players its not.... ultimately it depends on the club setup and how that player improves that team's performance.

if he's likely to improve the team and affordable to the clubs budget - why not make the punt

martielang

Bench
I personally can only see him as a lock. I'm still a fan of a ball playing lock, especially if your fullback is more of a runner like Edwards.

In saying that, wtf has he done to justify an extension.

The_Frog

First Grade
Seems like they are giving him another year because it'll be difficult to have a good look at him this year, and/or he could be snapped up by another club. Genuine utilities at a bargain price are like hens teeth.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I personally can only see him as a lock. I'm still a fan of a ball playing lock, especially if your fullback is more of a runner like Edwards.

In saying that, wtf has he done to justify an extension.

From what I've seen of him (I agree not much in the last 12months) He can play almost every position of the field and so it well. Seen him do this in under 20's. Ongoing he will be the teams no 14. Super sub. To let him go (obviously cheap too) would be a Wade Graham type of mistake.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t really got an issue with him getting the 1 year extension.

You to have some trust in the powers that be in terms of they are better placed to make such decisions.

Kilkenny

Coach
Assuming his 1 year deal happens he needs to make every post a winner as time is running out for Tyrone. Turns 24 in a few days time and has only played 19 NRL games since his debut in 2017.

franklin2323

Immortal
Upgrade Crichton and Burton before the vultures come end of the year.
Buy a centre.
All I would do before even thinking about re-signing May.
Whether he is cheap or not. He has to prove he has deserved a new deal before I would extend him.

All well and good but you need depth. Cheaper the better and May fits that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts