What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

upload_2020-6-21_15-37-50.jpeg More and more recently I’m seeing the Dragons logo being reverted back to “just the Dragon” as opposed to the official club emblem. It was more on the Fox broadcast at first but now I’m seeing it on club sites and yesterday, noticed it on the back of the trainers red jackets at the Titans match.

I just wonder what the reasoning behind this is.. Maybe nothing to it at all, but perhaps they may be toying with the idea of dropping the black knight/horse and reverting to the something closer to the original..

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
View attachment 39349 More and more recently I’m seeing the Dragons logo being reverted back to “just the Dragon” as opposed to the official club emblem. It was more on the Fox broadcast at first but now I’m seeing it on club sites and yesterday, noticed it on the back of the trainers red jackets at the Titans match.

The logo many years ago was just the white dragon. I just wonder what the reasoning behind this is.. Maybe nothing to it at all, but perhaps they may be toying with the idea of dropping the black knight/horse and reverting to the something closer to the original..
All clubs now have a simplified version of their logo in addition to their regular logo. You’ll usually see them on social media but they’re not exclusively for that purpose. Each club also has a version worked into the Telstra Premiership shield.

Saint Doc

Coach
View attachment 39349 More and more recently I’m seeing the Dragons logo being reverted back to “just the Dragon” as opposed to the official club emblem. It was more on the Fox broadcast at first but now I’m seeing it on club sites and yesterday, noticed it on the back of the trainers red jackets at the Titans match.

I just wonder what the reasoning behind this is.. Maybe nothing to it at all, but perhaps they may be toying with the idea of dropping the black knight/horse and reverting to the something closer to the original..

if you look at the Titans logo in the example you used, it’s also simplified. It just has a giant “T” instead of the words Gold Coast Titans.

I think it’s just easier recognition on social media devices. I highly highly highly doubt there is any plan to change the official logo

if you look at the Titans logo in the example you used, it’s also simplified. It just has a giant “T” instead of the words Gold Coast Titans.

I think it’s just easier recognition on social media devices. I highly highly highly doubt there is any plan to change the official logo

Yep understand the socials stuff. Although it’s also on the Dragons trainers gear... pic of mine, might be hard to see but from yesterday’s game 76273F61-D3CB-4140-B977-51125CC6586B.jpeg

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I know half the players wear their socks down these days, but Fifita isn’t even wearing Sharks socks at the moment. Can the club get into trouble for that? Like isn’t there a distinct set of rules for uniforms?

Saint Doc

Coach
Yep understand the socials stuff. Although it’s also on the Dragons trainers gear... pic of mine, might be hard to see but from yesterday’s game View attachment 39363

yeah I agree they’ve used it as a secondary logo. Not for the first time though. I had gear from early 2000’s that used the Dragon alone. But I doubt there is any appetite to change the real logo

yeah I agree they’ve used it as a secondary logo. Not for the first time though. I had gear from early 2000’s that used the Dragon alone. But I doubt there is any appetite to change the real logo

Yes I agree with you. I have a jacket which is dark grey on the back, with the “dragon-only” emblem sewn in across it, dark grey also. I really like it. But was just the recent trend of it popping up more regularly that was making me think as to why...

I like our current emblem, but I also like the dragon on its own.

Yes I agree with you. I have a jacket which is dark grey on the back, with the “dragon-only” emblem sewn in across it, dark grey also. I really like it. But was just the recent trend of it popping up more regularly that was making me think as to why...

I like our current emblem, but I also like the dragon on its own.
What happened to his tongue?!

I do like the idea of the "stand alone" logo, but I think it would be better if it was the normal dragon and knight instead of an updated dragon only. I also really liked the "STGI" branding the club did during our time where Adidas were our merchandise supplier.

roofromoz

First Grade
The match was originally scheduled to be played at Campbelltown Stadium but has been relocated to 'Sarraf Strata' Jubilee Stadium due to the condition of the playing surface.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/06/23/nrl-teamlist-round-7/

Is this just a slight of hand from the Panthers as it is a competitor to Netstrata or is this now official? I know there was some drama with the naming rights with Sarraf Strata one of the more vocal objectors...

Frailty

First Grade
I know half the players wear their socks down these days, but Fifita isn’t even wearing Sharks socks at the moment. Can the club get into trouble for that? Like isn’t there a distinct set of rules for uniforms?

He was actually wearing them under his calf compression guards - which seems really counterproductive.

Saint Doc

Coach
974-837.jpg

Queensland’s XXXX jersey. I don’t understand!

https://www.maroonsshop.com/qld-maroons-2020-xxxx-mens-jersey-1078.phtml

Latest posts