What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Robbo and arguably Arthur have been successful emerging coaches although Arthur is a long way behind

Do we want a Craig Fitzgibbon to take over from a McGregor ? ie an emerging coach ?

or let McGregor be the care taker until Flanno can take over ?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/25...will-be-tossed-up-in-coaching-merry-go-round/

I would give Fizty a go. Short term contract, not one like the Seibold shite.

Also, I want Mary nowhere near the Club post this season, and I doubt very much that Flanagan will take over. Cant see him staying.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm still hoping the delay in removing McGregor is the finalising of details for the new coach, and I'm still hoping that the first choice is Wane.
Dragonslayer, I don’t think it will be Wane based on TripleM radio yesterday. Think it was Brent Read that asked Nathan Brown if he was going to join Shaun Wane in applying for the vacant Warriors coaching gig. It was indicated that Wane has already approached Warriors management, so I don’t feel he’s in the Dragons sights yet!

TruSaint

Referee
Dragonslayer, I don’t think it will be Wane based on TripleM radio yesterday. Think it was Brent Read that asked Nathan Brown if he was going to join Shaun Wane in applying for the vacant Warriors coaching gig. It was indicated that Wane has already approached Warriors management, so I don’t feel he’s in the Dragons sights yet!

Prior to the meeting they held after the resumption of the comp, I would have thought Wane was the one. I dont think he is now.

Dragon David

First Grade
I would give Fizty a go. Short term contract, not one like the Seibold shite.

Also, I want Mary nowhere near the Club post this season, and I doubt very much that Flanagan will take over. Cant see him staying.
Yes, Fitzy is a good choice and Flanno has his heart still with the Sharks. I too cannot see him staying. He has had a taste of the Dragons way and at the moment it is not sweet but bitter!

Dragon David

First Grade
With so many "unwanted" coaches at the moment, there would not be too many good ones available once Mary is given the official flick unless the flick happens soon.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints confirm FItzy or whoever will commence in 2021, watch all the players lift for a contract. Then if they win a bulk of games, Mary may get snapped up by another side (wishful thinking) and we can watch them go through the pain we had to endure. Maybe take him off our hands and pay him for next season.

jak

Bench
If Saints confirm FItzy or whoever will commence in 2021, watch all the players lift for a contract. Then if they win a bulk of games, Mary may get snapped up by another side (wishful thinking) and we can watch them go through the pain we had to endure. Maybe take him off our hands and pay him for next season.
there is no harm in dreaming mate.

Gareth67

First Grade
34EEC68A-5970-48E8-880F-D3D2B5C87326.png

“ The trouble with you blokes is that you don’t appreciate what you have got . Look at that high priced Siebold character up there in Brisbaaaane , he was suppose to be the ants pants and now look at him . He has flogged his horse’s into the ground with all of his so called know how . Now that doesn’t happen with me , I just show the boys which way to run in each half , feed them their oranges at half time and bingo they go out and play footy . “

Timmo62

Juniors
Fitzgibbon says he will be going nowhere until the end of next year.Bennett says the same.The field is narrowing if Mary is gone at the end of this year.