What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
I would give the storm free choice over any other player in our squad if it meant we got to keep Grant

also if there was ever a time to pull out a DCE Or Jason Taumalolo style contract I would throw 10 million for 10 years at Grant easy
I’d give them Jennings Mbye Eisenhuth Mcqueen taylor Reynolds & Packer for Grant & JAC.7 players for 2 & it would still b a massively favourable deal for us !

Tiger Ted

Bench
I wonder how much truth there is in any of those articles. If Benji goes so be it. Even if the Storm release Grant which I don't think they will there will be a bidding war for his services.
It’s inconceivable that we would release Benji.His game management is superior to grub & Brooks & the day after we release him grub will incur a season ending injury.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s inconceivable that we would release Benji.His game management is superior to grub & Brooks & the day after we release him grub will incur a season ending injury.
And us playing the stronger teams coming up could put a completely different complexion on things..

Das Hassler

Bench
F- ck the eels!...they should be the last club we should be doing any favours for...we let matterson go no strings attached yet they wouldn't release a "want outa there" and signed by us development player a year early to get his shot at NRL. ...to hell with them

Tigerm

First Grade
Axed Marshall shopped to rival clubs for this season

With Marshall facing the possibility of finishing his glittering career on the sidelines, this column can reveal his manager has been shopping him around to rival NRL clubs to gauge interest in the veteran’s service for the remainder of this season.

When we spoke to Marshall, he insisted that he had no knowledge of his manager’s actions and had no desire to leave.

His manager, Matt Desira, refused to comment when asked if he had been in contact with rival teams, but NRL club sources have told the Herald that Desira has reached out to several clubs over the past week to seek expressions of interest. It is understood the Tigers have been made aware of the approach to rivals teams.

&

Flash Harry may stay at Storm
It’s common knowledge there’s a clause in the Storm contract of on-loan Wests Tigers hooker Harry Grant that allows him to leave Melbourne next year should Cameron Smith decide to play on.

Don’t be surprised if Melbourne look at a way to hold on to his services, even if the veteran hooker plays on in 2021. There’s some thought being given to moving Smith to halfback next year, just to ensure they don’t lose the player many are tipping as the best young dummy half in the business.

Smith at halfback and Grant at No.9 would also see Brandon Smith continue to play big minutes off the bench.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ax...al-clubs-for-this-season-20200628-p5570x.html

Rumours and other stuff !!!!!
Benji to the Warriors? Then knocks us out of the 8 to finish 9th:joy::joy::joy:

BrotherJim05

Bench
That article is complete bullshit. Reporter just trying to stir the pot. I didn't even know Benji had a manager, I thought he managed himself after he split with Issac Poses the Third.

As for Grant, I don't understand why people are saying "Storm aren't going to let him go". If Cameron Smith plays on, even at Halfback, Grants contract is voided. They have to literally force one of the greatest players to ever play Rugby League to retire in order to keep him.

I reckon its just a case of Storm saying "we can do this the easy way or the hard way"... Easy way we give Storm something they want and it's all sorted quickly. Hard way they delay making a decision on Smith until t he last second just to piss Tigers off and f**k up our planning. But either way Grant will be free to sign with Tigers.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't see how we can give the Storm anything they need. They are losing two wingers at the end of the season and we are notoriously thin when it comes to wingers.

Kilkenny

Coach
I wouldn’t stress to much.

Cameron Smith will play on 100% and that will ensure you get to keep Harry Grant who is an outstanding talent.

Should be a good game on the weekend, you guys need to forget the hate around Ivan Cleary and just embrace the game this weekend for what it is.

Should be a really close contest.

stryker

First Grade
I would give the storm free choice over any other player in our squad if it meant we got to keep Grant

also if there was ever a time to pull out a DCE Or Jason Taumalolo style contract I would throw 10 million for 10 years at Grant easy

HAHAHA jesus christ, settle petal.
He hasnt done anything yet.

Perth Tiger

Bench
That article is complete bullshit. Reporter just trying to stir the pot. I didn't even know Benji had a manager, I thought he managed himself after he split with Issac Poses the Third.

As for Grant, I don't understand why people are saying "Storm aren't going to let him go". If Cameron Smith plays on, even at Halfback, Grants contract is voided. They have to literally force one of the greatest players to ever play Rugby League to retire in order to keep him.

I reckon its just a case of Storm saying "we can do this the easy way or the hard way"... Easy way we give Storm something they want and it's all sorted quickly. Hard way they delay making a decision on Smith until t he last second just to piss Tigers off and f**k up our planning. But either way Grant will be free to sign with Tigers.

Grants contract isn’t voided if Smith plays on. He has a clause that he can activate to exit the contract. If Smith plays on Grant can easily decide to still see out his Storm contract if he wants. But if he does exit the contract it will be open slather and every club will be throwing money at him

Das Hassler

Bench
Grants contract isn’t voided if Smith plays on. He has a clause that he can activate to exit the contract. If Smith plays on Grant can easily decide to still see out his Storm contract if he wants. But if he does exit the contract it will be open slather and every club will be throwing money at him

For sure but he's expressed his gratitude to WT for giving him his shot at NRL...that should give us the inside running with any young debutant and particularly with him going by the character he's displayed.

Tiger05

First Grade
But if he does exit the contract it will be open slather and every club will be throwing money at him

Exactly. We will have to take a step back and see what sort of a deal we can get. Every player in the comp has a cap limit. We can't be overpaying for Grant and ending up with a dud team.

Still the kid is a star.

Tigerm

First Grade
I wouldn’t stress to much.

Cameron Smith will play on 100% and that will ensure you get to keep Harry Grant who is an outstanding talent.

Should be a good game on the weekend, you guys need to forget the hate around Ivan Cleary and just embrace the game this weekend for what it is.

Should be a really close contest.
I think we will keep him, tbh, if he wants to stay,I mean it happens all the time, with contracts virtually meaningless (which is a shame).

I’m a WT fan not a league fan as such, so the only good game is the one we win, no matter how that was achieved.

As for Ivan, I think I will continue to dislike the grub as he sold us down the river.

Das Hassler

Bench
If Cameron Smith plays on and we still miss out on Harry i'll bet it won't be to Melbourne...Cooper Cronk's giving him free career advice...what could go wrong ( for us)

The unknown

Juniors
I’ve lost a ton of respect for Cronk after that. What a self entitled wanker

So basically because we’re a struggling club, he should go elsewhere like the roosters or storm. Even if it means he will go back to playing second fiddle behind Friend and or the Smiths at Melbourne

Maybe some people don’t think like you do. To me it would be much more fulfilling and of course a better representation of how good you are as a player to help out a club like ours then just become another one of those “oh he only looks good in a well drilled system”

That’s why I respect Thurston so much more. Took a bottom feeder Cowboys right to the top. Get f**ked Cronk you cock smoker

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I didnt even read the article because it's behind a paywall but only needed to see the headline to be able to guess the content

The unknown

Juniors
I didnt even read the article because it's behind a paywall but only needed to see the headline to be able to guess the content

Yeah I read it somewhere on Facebook mate.

Long story short, he basically says if he wants to prolong his career he should leave the tigers. Reckons he wouldn’t have even played 100 nrl games blah blah if it wasn’t for Melbourne

Das Hassler

Bench
Yeah I read it somewhere on Facebook mate.

Long story short, he basically says if he wants to prolong his career he should leave the tigers. Reckons he wouldn’t have even played 100 nrl games blah blah if it wasn’t for Melbourne

Thanks....double get f- cked to him...Farah didn't seem to have much of a problem surviving beyond that 100 game barrier and playing SOO at WT

Vozzy

Juniors
In regards to Marshall being replaced by Foran because Madge wants an experienced half running a young team I would rather have a crack at Maloney more than Foran if that's what he is thinking. I actually think a young running 5/8 would be best all round but if he is looking at experience then Maloney's kicking game plus goal kicking would be handy for a year or 2.