What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Rosco

Bench
Oh Rhyno.
Thank God you are still active on here. The Weststigers forum, with us talking about a Saints player.
I was worried that when parra lost, you'd reach for the pills.
Don't worry mate. Everything will be OK.
If it helps, find the old Peter Gabriel/Kates Bush "don't give up" song and listen to it. Some very deep and helpful words there.
Don't worry about the loss. It was only coz you had to play a top flight team.
The league has fixed it to minimise that sort of thing happening again too often in the future. Or as Corey Parker famously said last round " too oftenly"
Don't give up. Please don't give up rhyno. You still have us.
Gee, Mitch is rock solid defensively, huh ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Oh Rhyno.
Thank God you are still active on here. The Weststigers forum, with us talking about a Saints player.
I was worried that when parra lost, you'd reach for the pills.
Don't worry mate. Everything will be OK.
If it helps, find the old Peter Gabriel/Kates Bush "don't give up" song and listen to it. Some very deep and helpful words there.
Don't worry about the loss. It was only coz you had to play a top flight team.
The league has fixed it to minimise that sort of thing happening again too often in the future. Or as Corey Parker famously said last round " too oftenly"
Don't give up. Please don't give up rhyno. You still have us.
Gee, Mitch is rock solid defensively, huh ?
Corey Norman “To oftenly ....Haha”

Parra will prob come second as best case scenario ..to Easts ..But I think I hate Easts more so ok Parra win hahaha then Rhyno gets some self respect and fks off? Unless he wants to remain constructive which he can be

Tigerm

First Grade
Jason Saab is meeting with the Dragons again to request his third release in a month. He is sick of travelling to Wollongong for training from Western Sydney.

Us, Dogs and Souths (god knows why) are his likely destination if he leaves
I don't know anything about this bloke, but if you cant make the Dragons side atm, then is he any good or worth worrying about?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I don't know anything about this bloke, but if you cant make the Dragons side atm, then is he any good or worth worrying about?
I don't know much about him, but the general belief among Dragons fans is that a lot of good young players don't make the team because McGregor can't coach. He also has a reputation for not being able to develop young players.

The unknown

Juniors

Fordy20

Juniors
I have to drive from Western Sydney to the gong for training. Farkin rent a house at the gong champ.
Even better rent a one bedder in the delightful paradise that is Airds.

Sounds like a bullshit excuse doesn't it? The deadline for mid season transfers has been pushed back to August. He would be a good get next season, but it would be even better if we got him this season.

WA Tiger

Bench
Jason Saab is meeting with the Dragons again to request his third release in a month. He is sick of travelling to Wollongong for training from Western Sydney.

Benji did that trip for the 2 1/2 years he was at the dragons ..

Mario chalmers

Juniors

There is an obvious link between Thompson leaving for the Titans and Saab seeking a release in that they are both managed by Mario Tartak. It doesn't get mentioned in any of the 'Saab wants a release' stories because Tartak is the source of each story. Tartak IMO told the Tigers "you can let Thompson go as I can get you Saab in as a replacement." If Saab doesn't end up at the Tigers Tartak is going to be unpopular with Tigers admin.

Tartak gets a fee on every new contract that is signed so he wants players moving clubs.
But you'd assume that the Tigers are fuming right now with Saab running out for Saints and we are currently down an outside back.

Very risky business moving players mid season. If Talau wasn't ready we'd be playing Hoffman on the wing this week who is nowhere near ready for NRL from what I can tell.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
That said you'd have to think we'll see a large number of off-contract players effectively trade clubs before the deadline in August. I'd say Chris McQueen would be in th mix to move but for the fact he is on Origin level money and hasnt played NRL in 3 seasons. Maybe we could find someone short of edge players for the final run home?

Fordy20

Juniors
That said you'd have to think we'll see a large number of off-contract players effectively trade clubs before the deadline in August.

I doubt any club would be interested in our off contract forwards mid season, just as I'm not sure we'd want to release them with Musgrove and Twal being out for extended periods of time. The only reason we released Corey Thompson early was because he was a player that a club actually wanted.

There is an obvious link between Thompson leaving for the Titans and Saab seeking a release in that they are both managed by Mario Tartak. It doesn't get mentioned in any of the 'Saab wants a release' stories because Tartak is the source of each story.

I didn't realise that Tartak managed both Saab and Thompson. Tonight's performance from Saab certainly wasn't great, but we are lacking when it comes to outside backs. Has the club decided whether Kane Bradley is a winger or a second rower yet?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I doubt any club would be interested in our off contract forwards mid season, just as I'm not sure we'd want to release them with Musgrove and Twal being out for extended periods of time. The only reason we released Corey Thompson early was because he was a player that a club actually wanted.

I didn't realise that Tartak managed both Saab and Thompson. Tonight's performance from Saab certainly wasn't great, but we are lacking when it comes to outside backs. Has the club decided whether Kane Bradley is a winger or a second rower yet?

It's hard to know for sure given there is no reserve grade at the moment but it does seem a though Bradley has fallen down the pecking order if someone like Hoffman is getting a start in the 21 at the moment.
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2019/09/24/what-a-weapon---reece-hoffman/ I'm no judge of talent but I can't see anything too mind blowing in this Hoffman highlights clip. I note this is QRL colts too not ISC.

Small sample size for Saab but I think the fact he has already played near to a full season of reggies at 18 means he must have something above average? Again highlights and one game of Friday night footy arent a big enough sample