What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
I of course don’t condone what AFB did but everyone makes mistakes.
Currently one of the best front rowers in the game and I’d have him back in a heartbeat.
interesting how some view AFB and declare he should never again wear the big red v yet he admitted guilt, took his punishment, sort assistance, has remained low key and as best we know is now a reformed and model family man after a turbulent youth.

His partner has stuck with him and their family has grown so it appears he has turned a real corner in his life.

Yet more than a few and even some greats who have worn the big red v and to this day are still reveared have committed horrendous deeds and never as much blinked an eye.

Indeed they are different times today but to throw a young man who has no doubt reformed on the scrap heap and not recognise his own efforts to redeem himself is IMO strange especially as there would no doubt much that goes on behind closed doors that would change opinions on how people see many others but fear stops that from happening.

Lethal25

Juniors
We lose Frizzell and likely De Belin, in no way am I happy we sign Asiata and Elliott as replacements. Absolute downgrade in my opinion

Not saying they're bad players, both are decent. We are a club who in reality has no big star players, if anyone says Hunt or Norman you need to get off the drugs. McInness is our best

We need a guy who is going to bring others with them, make us a more attractive proposition. Newcastle did it with Ponga, now they're on the up. It can't be a moneyball approach unless we have a significantly better coach

Dragonsamy

Bench
interesting how some view AFB and declare he should never again wear the big red v yet he admitted guilt, took his punishment, sort assistance, has remained low key and as best we know is now a reformed and model family man after a turbulent youth.

His partner has stuck with him and their family has grown so it appears he has turned a real corner in his life.

Yet more than a few and even some greats who have worn the big red v and to this day are still reveared have committed horrendous deeds and never as much blinked an eye.

Indeed they are different times today but to throw a young man who has no doubt reformed on the scrap heap and not recognise his own efforts to redeem himself is IMO strange especially as there would no doubt much that goes on behind closed doors that would change opinions on how people see many others but fear stops that from happening.

Well said he will never leave the eagles he loves there.
Everyone is entitled to a second chance when it looks like they've turned their life around I will not knock him either unless he does something that's worth me knocking him

BIG RIG

Juniors
Triple M was reporting that a unamed struggling Sydney Club has offered David Fifita a 1 yr 1.2 million dollar deal

I am more than positive it is the Bulldogs but we also fit that criteria

Thoughts ?

BIG RIG

Juniors
Triple M was reporting that a unamed struggling Sydney Club has offered David Fifita a 1 yr 1.2 million dollar deal

Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

We won’t get David Fifita for $1.2 million.
The Dragons way is more like offering Andrew Fifita $1.2 million next year but Kevin Proctor At $1million a season on a four year deal looks good :thinking::thinking:.
Who else is out there over 30 years old that the Club will call a marquee signing.
Ben Teo on a three year deal perhaps.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well said he will never leave the eagles he loves there.
Everyone is entitled to a second chance when it looks like they've turned their life around I will not knock him either unless he does something that's worth me knocking him
Well there's your answer. Still a boofhead.
I was also thinking we should have kept him but no thanks.

Be interesting to see what the fallout is at the Broncos and what players get the shoulder tap in the next month or two.
Both Jack Bird and Anthony Milford have taken up player options for next year so big money deals still there for those two.
Fifita still hasn’t signed and with Titans offering multi year deal for big money and Dogs a massive one year deal the Donkeys might need to find extra coin again.
Players out of favour up here with the Coach seem to be Isaako and Corey Oates. The spotlight is also on Joe Ofanengoue and Alex Glenn. TPJ if in trouble again with suspensions will also have issues coming his way with the Club.
We are and have been in trouble for a while now but these Broncos are imploding by the day :grin::grin:

redv13

Bench
Be interesting to see what the fallout is at the Broncos and what players get the shoulder tap in the next month or two.
Both Jack Bird and Anthony Milford have taken up player options for next year so big money deals still there for those two.
Fifita still hasn’t signed and with Titans offering multi year deal for big money and Dogs a massive one year deal the Donkeys might need to find extra coin again.
Players out of favour up here with the Coach seem to be Isaako and Corey Oates. The spotlight is also on Joe Ofanengoue and Alex Glenn. TPJ if in trouble again with suspensions will also have issues coming his way with the Club.
We are and have been in trouble for a while now but these Broncos are imploding by the day :grin::grin:
Sign Corey Oates then our 2 wingers can be big, strong and absolutely useless with their hands

Old Timer

Coach
We won’t get David Fifita for $1.2 million.
The Dragons way is more like offering Andrew Fifita $1.2 million next year but Kevin Proctor At $1million a season on a four year deal looks good :thinking::thinking:.
Who else is out there over 30 years old that the Club will call a marquee signing.
Ben Teo on a three year deal perhaps.
I'm sure they still have Fatsiano's number.

Old Timer

Coach
Well there's your answer. Still a boofhead.
I was also thinking we should have kept him but no thanks.
The bunker system helps create what happened so not surprised that emotions finally boiled over to such a point.

Not condoning what AFB said but for sure plenty have said worse than that and got away with it but now with all the microphones and the media thirsting for anything to report makes it worse for the player.

FMD cricketers are worse than NRL players so if the media are fair dinkum we could end up with 5 or 6 test players out during a season.

St Tangles

Bench
For what it's worth I read an article that we are looking at Hopoate from the Broncos

Haven't seen much of him so don't know if this is good or bad

redv13

Bench
For what it's worth I read an article that we are looking at Hopoate from the Broncos

Haven't seen much of him so don't know if this is good or bad
Let’s see here:
25 years of age, played 4 games for the donkeys this year. Mid range pca, sacked by Parra. Served 1 year in prison for a vicious pub assault, sacked by Manly. Clearly can’t handle his pi$$, has a loose cannon of a father. Yeah probably pass on this one

Latest posts