What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees Making Up the Rules on the Spot Thread

blue bags

First Grade
raiders v dragons , captain challenge, captain wins the challenge, ref ignores the captains win, didn't reverse the original decision ,
play on, wtf is going on . the refs get confused with captain challengers
tonight rabbits v tigers, cap challenge, tigers challenge the ref, then rabbits challenge the same challenge , rabbits win, after watching the big screen, these are crazy times lol

Last edited:

some11

Referee
This is what happens when you don't have a pocket ref to overrule some clown in charge.

f**ked bunker decisions cant be helped though. I can't understand how the raiders sin bin decison was reached other than he saw it the way he wanted to.

I sincerely hope officials are banned from betting.

Sphagnum

Coach
Normal transmission has been resumed. No more policing of the ruck and all the leg ups in the world for Souths, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Such a shame

mongoose

Coach
Christian Welch running at full speed into Dunamis Lui who holds his ground. Welch falls to the ground and gets the penalty. If Lui falls over then he probably gets the penalty.

edabomb

First Grade
Christian Welch running at full speed into Dunamis Lui who holds his ground. Welch falls to the ground and gets the penalty. If Lui falls over then he probably gets the penalty.

I doubt it. The official NRL flowchart ends with any 50/50 40/60 30/70 or 20/80 decision being ruled in favour of the Storm or Roosters.

I imagine the Storm bias will only get worse once Smith and Bellamy leave as they battle for relevancy.

When the team has 13 players on the field, it is 6 in the scrum. When there are 12 players, there does not need to be a lock (there can be should the team choose). Think of it this way - There are a maximum allowable 6 players in the scrum, and a maximum allowable 7 players out of the scrum.

As for the Joel Thompson, that is technically true - second rowers are not allowed to pick up the ball and should be penalised for breaking from the scrum early or "Hand in the scrum". The reason for this is the ball can not be played at with the hands until it has exited the scrum, which is defined as the last row of forwards (though wording probably removed forwards now). The lock can pick it up once it passes the last row of forwards (the second row).

This is what the rules actually state (Section 12, Rule 9 on page 29) -

"To be in play, the ball must emerge from the scrum between and behind the inner feet of the second row forwards and the scrum is not to break until the referee calls “out”.
If the ball does not emerge correctly, and the fault cannot be attributed to any one team, then the ball should be put into the scrum again."

Vee

First Grade
This is what the rules actually state (Section 12, Rule 9 on page 29) -

"To be in play, the ball must emerge from the scrum between and behind the inner feet of the second row forwards and the scrum is not to break until the referee calls “out”.
If the ball does not emerge correctly, and the fault cannot be attributed to any one team, then the ball should be put into the scrum again."
Yeah, good luck with that.

bileduct

Coach

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Normal transmission has been resumed. No more policing of the ruck and all the leg ups in the world for Souths, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Such a shame

Or whoever the refs decide they want to win on the day. I'm not usually a biased ref wowzer, nor usually say an x,y,z penalty count means anything, but the Titans not giving up a single penalty for 80 minutes is f**king horse shit. The refs did all they could to get them over the line, they were lying on us in the ruck for no comeuppance, the f**ked Hethrington no try, the play on call for Fusitua being taken out in the air after the Titans had been given one pretty much identical earlier...that was robbery on the weekend. And yes, the Warriors are, and were shit. But the refs got the Titans over the line.

hrundi99

First Grade
This is what happens when you don't have a pocket ref to overrule some clown in charge.

f**ked bunker decisions cant be helped though. I can't understand how the raiders sin bin decison was reached other than he saw it the way he wanted to.

I sincerely hope officials are banned from betting.

It's because Addo-Carr played the Olympic-level diving card with flailing arms and legs.

The bunker bought it hook, line and sinker.

Latest posts