What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

dogslife

Coach
I'm not a Broncos fan but I can respect that they are the biggest Rugby League club in the world and I can respect that they are the standard and size of RL club that all others should be aiming at. It is not good for the game's attendance averages, TV ratings to have them struggling like this, especially at a time when the Lions are flying. In fact, it makes the game a hell of a lot smaller that Brisbane, North QLD, Gold Coast, Warriors and the Bulldogs are holding up the bottom of the ladder.
Nah, f**k em

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm not arguing that they didn't, it is not good for the game though to have them (and I'll throw the Bulldogs in there too as two of the biggest NRL fan bases) at the bottom of the ladder and not even close to the pace of the comp.
I've always hated this argument... So what is the answer to this? Give them as many leg-ups as necessary to get them back into the 8, at the expense of some other club(s)? That's called favouritism and has no place in professional sport.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I've always hated this argument... So what is the answer to this? Give them as many leg-ups as necessary to get them back into the 8, at the expense of some other club(s)? That's called favouritism and has no place in professional sport.

No, not at all. Both the Broncos and Bulldogs deserve to be where they are. You can see that clearly by the way they are playing and it is up to them, not the NRL or anyone else to dig them out of that hole, but it is really not something that anyone that loves rugby league and that wants the game to do well should be celebrating.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They aren't entitled to success just because they have a lot of fans and money.

I didn't say they are entitled to it, nor that they should be helped by anyone but themselves. But having some of the games biggest clubs at the bottom of the table with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel any time soon shouldn't be celebrated, it is not good for the game.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I didn't say they are entitled to it, nor that they should be helped by anyone but themselves. But having some of the games biggest clubs at the bottom of the table with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel any time soon shouldn't be celebrated, it is not good for the game.
I’m sure the game will be fine. We’ll live.

ACTPanthers

Bench
No, not at all. Both the Broncos and Bulldogs deserve to be where they are. You can see that clearly by the way they are playing and it is up to them, not the NRL or anyone else to dig them out of that hole, but it is really not something that anyone that loves rugby league and that wants the game to do well should be celebrating.
I get what you're saying, but given other clubs without the fan base those clubs enjoy have survived, and the game along with them, I think it's ok to say the game will be fine with these 2 down the bottom.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bahaha as a Souths fan who had to watch years of misery and whose club has a huge fan base, go to hell.

6 bad weeks and everyone's crying for the Broncos.

gerg

Juniors

Bullshit and this garbage doesn't deserve a considered response.

Canard

Immortal

Complete horseshit.

Having the world’s 2nd biggest RL city limited to just 1 team for the best part of 30 years is plain dumb. There should have been 3 or 4 clubs in Brisbane by now so this situation never occurred.

I don't give a shit about comparing RL to AwFuL based on ratings, dots on maps and crowds. That's just a pointless dick measuring contest that does nothing for the game. I just want the game to be as good as it can be. More clubs in Brisbane and NZ will make the game stronger.

Latest posts