What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Vs Titans @Cbus Super Stadium - Sunday 26th July 4pm

betcats

Referee
Too soon to say. Players move positions all the time very few players look to be able play several positions.

He could get a start at a few clubs now in the halves. His earning potential is highest as a half, why would he bulk up and try to become a lock or backrower? So he can earn less money and still be outside the top 17 here?. Its not going to happen. He might hang around for a few seasons playing out of position when he can but he will still be trying to get a starting spot in our halves.

Unless he is still growing(which is unlikely) he isnt going to put on 6 kilos in an off season again unless he really is trying, and even then he will struggle to put on that much muscle keep his cardiovascular fitness up. Putting on 6 kilos of muscle while doing as much fitness work as an NRL player is really f**king hard. Its not like they can just eat and lift, even doing just that it takes a couple months and a lot of hard work and discipline to put on muscle without putting on fat. If he wants to be a half he will just keep his weight down.

franklin2323

Immortal
He could get a start at a few clubs now in the halves. His earning potential is highest as a half, why would he bulk up and try to become a lock or backrower? So he can earn less money and still be outside the top 17 here?. Its not going to happen. He might hang around for a few seasons playing out of position when he can but he will still be trying to get a starting spot in our halves.

Unless he is still growing(which is unlikely) he isnt going to put on 6 kilos in an off season again unless he really is trying, and even then he will struggle to put on that much muscle keep his cardiovascular fitness up. Putting on 6 kilos of muscle while doing as much fitness work as an NRL player is really f**king hard. Its not like they can just eat and lift, even doing just that it takes a couple months and a lot of hard work and discipline to put on muscle without putting on fat. If he wants to be a half he will just keep his weight down.

David Fifita has proved backrowers get crazy offers too. If he stays fit he can keep it down but at some stage he will get a major injury like all sports players do.

It only takes a replacement player to go well. He loses a bit of pace or puts a few Kg's on and is in the pack

Success will follow the 1st team to break the mould and get a decent ball playing forward

betcats

Referee
David Fifita has proved backrowers get crazy offers too. If he stays fit he can keep it down but at some stage he will get a major injury like all sports players do.

It only takes a replacement player to go well. He loses a bit of pace or puts a few Kg's on and is in the pack

Success will follow the 1st team to break the mould and get a decent ball playing forward

Halves get paid more in general than any other position. Average halves are on a lot more than average forwards or average outside backs. The best players in any position are always going to be highly paid but if you look at what the average players get you'll see what position has the highest earning potential, fullback and hooker are up there as well but look at what the average halves are being paid, its ridiculous in some cases.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't like Aekins. Penroth went up a gear when Edward's was back. I didnt realise he was so good. Constantly broke the first tackle.
Mansour last week was exceptional. He is averaging 197mtrs this season. Brave man to drop him. I thought last week he seemed more agile.
At full strength I feel
Edward's
Too
Crighton
Whare/Naden
Mansour

This is best option. Staines is a handy back up. If Edward's was out I'd give Too or Crighton a crack at the back. And give Staines or Naden or Whare(whoever missed out) the other centre spot before playing Aetkins.
I also wouldn't drop Leinu. If he can get 10 or 12 games then he will be far improved come finals.

I don't like Aekins. Penroth went up a gear when Edward's was back. I didnt realise he was so good. Constantly broke the first tackle.
Mansour last week was exceptional. He is averaging 197mtrs this season. Brave man to drop him. I thought last week he seemed more agile.
At full strength I feel
Edward's
Too
Crighton
Whare/Naden
Mansour

This is best option. Staines is a handy back up. If Edward's was out I'd give Too or Crighton a crack at the back. And give Staines or Naden or Whare(whoever missed out) the other centre spot before playing Aetkins.
I also wouldn't drop Leinu. If he can get 10 or 12 games then he will be far improved come finals.

Whare shouldn’t be in the conversation for our full strength backline. He adds nothing.

And as well as Mansour played last week, he’ll soon be overtaken by Staines. Pure speed is much more valuable than battering ram meters. With To’o in the side you’d have another Mansour type, with more skills.

Also To’o at fullback? We have several other guys who could do a better job.

Pomoz

Bench
When Fitler played he didnt have 105kilo Sivo style wingers running at you either. Different game.
Whilst players are bigger now, Fittler debuted in an era where there were still plenty of massive players in the backs. Sailor, Meninga, Mackay, Peter Jackson, Brett Plowman and plenty more. In his first game Balmain had Paul Sironen running at him to try and flatten him. In fact, as I recall, his very first hit up was against Sironen who smashed him into the floor. He just sprang to his feet and played the ball.

In the 1990 Grand Final, his opposition centre was Mal Meninga. Fittler had plenty of big blokes cone his way early in his career. The opposition always thought they could belt him out of the game. It never worked, because, to be quite blunt, he was nails hard. The Pom's broke his cheekbone in the World Cup Final at the 20 minute mark. He played the rest of the game with the injury.

Whilst players are bigger now, Fittler debuted in an era where there were still plenty of massive players in the backs. Sailor, Meninga, Mackay, Peter Jackson, Brett Plowman and plenty more. In his first game Balmain had Paul Sironen running at him to try and flatten him. In fact, as I recall, his very first hit up was against Sironen who smashed him into the floor. He just sprang to his feet and played the ball.

In the 1990 Grand Final, his opposition centre was Mal Meninga. Fittler had plenty of big blokes cone his way early in his career. The opposition always thought they could belt him out of the game. It never worked, because, to be quite blunt, he was nails hard. The Pom's broke his cheekbone in the World Cup Final at the 20 minute mark. He played the rest of the game with the injury.

Don’t have the actual number on hand, but Freddy missed a really low number of games throughout his career. Think it’s in the single digits. Tough as nails.

maple_69

Bench
Unless Burton has a huge late growth spurt and tips 105kg, he will likely be a 6 longer term. I don't think he needs to add too much size to be in the frame for a temporary position in the pack. If a position, like lock, opens up, he'll get it because we want to use his ball playing, not use him as a big body getting through 40 tackles. 94-96kg is fine for the way we would use him. Benefit for him is just to get in a winning side and build his resume for either Luai's job or a better 6 jersey than the Dogs.

Alintheeast

Juniors

Always remember the sidestep he put on Ellery Hanley in his first game. Ellery had the same expression on his face that Mike Gatting had after Shane Warne bowled him the Ball of the Century.

WestyLife

First Grade

Don’t have the actual number on hand, but Freddy missed a really low number of games throughout his career. Think it’s in the single digits. Tough as nails.

He's my favourite player of all time. Should be considered for immortal status.

franklin2323

Immortal
At full strength I feel
Edward's
Too
Crighton
Whare/Naden
Mansour

I think that will be the backline come finals time. Hopefully Staines carves up over the next few games and demands to be picked

franklin2323

Immortal
I think the team is going to run out as named, we would’ve heard something by now otherwise.

They kept Staines quiet. Burton is in the training pictures next to MWZ so there is hope. Also Laurie is from the North Coast so could get family up there much quieter than with Staines

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My money is on Penrith being named 1-17.

I reckon Staines will come in next week on the Wing.

Unfortunately I can’t see Ivan picking Burton unless there is an injury. Hopefully I’m wrong.