What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Vs Titans @Cbus Super Stadium - Sunday 26th July 4pm

Pomoz

Bench
As i said, if we are not careful injuries will kill our season. We need to use our interchanges and bench a lot better than we have been. It's not about Burton, he is just the latest example where the bench isn't fully used and we haven't used all our interchanges. The omission of reserve grade is already starting to see the NRL have a massive injury list as players tire.

I get Blade's explanation that Burton would give Cleary a rest if the game allowed it, which clearly it didn't. When that happens we should use the interchange time to give other's more rest. Yeo and JFH have great motors, but we mustn't burn them out, they are the key to our pack's domination.

franklin2323

Immortal
As i said, if we are not careful injuries will kill our season. We need to use our interchanges and bench a lot better than we have been. It's not about Burton, he is just the latest example where the bench isn't fully used and we haven't used all our interchanges. The omission of reserve grade is already starting to see the NRL have a massive injury list as players tire.

I get Blade's explanation that Burton would give Cleary a rest if the game allowed it, which clearly it didn't. When that happens we should use the interchange time to give other's more rest. Yeo and JFH have great motors, but we mustn't burn them out, they are the key to our pack's domination.

I have no doubt they pencilled in when to rest guys. I can't see anyone playing all 20 games this year

martielang

Bench
I actually think we've been overusing JFH of late. Sure his numbers look great & he's clearly developed into one of the best middle forwards in the game but I often feel we play him for the sake of playing him without any game awareness. Gets a little sloppy around the ruck & ineffectual with the ball, when Tamou / Leota have looked more dominant & have been pulled.

WestyLife

First Grade
I actually think we've been overusing JFH of late. Sure his numbers look great & he's clearly developed into one of the best middle forwards in the game but I often feel we play him for the sake of playing him without any game awareness. Gets a little sloppy around the ruck & ineffectual with the ball, when Tamou / Leota have looked more dominant & have been pulled.

It happens. Payne Haas was used even worse up at the Broncos doing 80 minutes.

Kilkenny

Coach

Leota has always seemed to suffer from lack of minutes. He seems to have gotten rid of his mandatory one or two errors a game this season and been pretty effective in his 25-35 minute stint either side of half time.

I kind of agree JFH could perhaps benefit from a spell here and there.

Zampaa

Juniors
Yesterday, Cleary chose to:
  • Use 7 of his 8 interchanges;
  • not to play one of his bench.

There's no real point of making subs for the sake of it.

Seibold a few weeks ago used 5 of his subs on taking one player on and off, and 2 on putting his utilities on, and then an injury hit and they had none left and had to play out with 12 men. Would you rather us use all 8 subs, and potentially play out the match short, or save one just in case? I'd much rather keep one, and not waste them for the sake of it.

Pomoz

Bench
There's no real point of making subs for the sake of it.

Seibold a few weeks ago used 5 of his subs on taking one player on and off, and 2 on putting his utilities on, and then an injury hit and they had none left and had to play out with 12 men. Would you rather us use all 8 subs, and potentially play out the match short, or save one just in case? I'd much rather keep one, and not waste them for the sake of it.
I would much rather the workload is spread so we don't burn out our best players. My point is also about the minutes players get as well. Remember, the more fatigue, the greater risk of injury. Let some of the subs get longer minutes so the workhorses get a rest. Our two bench props are so good we are still competitive when they are on.

Look, keeping a sub up your sleeve makes sense if the game is tight, which it was against the Titans, so fair enough. But Cleary has done this several times. We beat the Sharks 56-24 and Leniu got 18 minutes, Leota 24 minutes. I wouldn't be as concerned about this if we had reserve grade, but now using the bench is a match fitness issue as well.

Latest posts