What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its called backing the wrong horse

Version IV

Juniors
Predictable. FJ has been doing nothing more than Chad. I told ya's all. He'll end up better but at the moment he's just another Ash Taylor, Brodie Croft or even Brayden Trindall. Halfback with potential
I want to see how good Chad would go in roosters colours I am willing to let them have him for 3 years

ghoti

Bench
Predictable. FJ has been doing nothing more than Chad. I told ya's all. He'll end up better but at the moment he's just another Ash Taylor, Brodie Croft or even Brayden Trindall. Halfback with potential

The Ash Taylor comparison is exactly what I've been thinking of with Kyle, same brand of player..we dodged a bullet with Roosters poaching him cos we woulda given a huge Xerri style contract on potential.

I don't reaaaally wanna see Flanno Jr fail, (maybe a little bit), but he is reminding me of some bunk prospects

(At least you Dan Mortimer, Tim Smith types had breakout debut seasons!)

Quicksilver

Bench
He’s doing well but there’s a long way to go for a long term successful NRL career.

His contract should reflect his current status as a good level half, maybe for two years, with re-evaluation after that if he kicks on.

But nowadays someone will throw a 5 year international level contract at someone on potential alone. It’s risky business and it has the potential to completely f**k your cap for years. I think it’s safer to take a cautious approach and miss out, rather than over-committing to a player that fails to kick on.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So Hooper reckons "Senior players at the Roosters quietly questioning if Pissflap jnr is the right halfback to partner Luke Keary"

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pretty embarrassing really, to have a stable of talent and pick and chose as you please, bring back a old player and pretty much do as you please - it’s a fair middle finger to everyone not in tru colours or wearing chinos with no shoes and a pink t shirt

shaggs

Coach
I’m going to say I called this last August. If Wyong were still around, Flanagan would finish the season with them.

He just isn’t the type of guy the roosters keep around. They burn every young half that comes through and constantly have the revolving door.

Unless you are a certain name or happy to play for nix (drew Hutchison) you are moved
He will be a dragon before June 2021

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’m going to say I called this last August. If Wyong were still around, Flanagan would finish the season with them.

He just isn’t the type of guy the roosters keep around. They burn every young half that comes through and constantly have the revolving door.

Unless you are a certain name or happy to play for nix (drew Hutchison) you are moved
He will be a dragon before June 2021

Also when was the last Big name junior that went on and made a name for themselves, directly after us? Scott has the wraps and pedigree, but has struggled to be a first grader because of injury and attitude.

I expect Flanagan to fail. The roosters will put him out to dry like all young halfbacks they use. McGregor will he sacked after this season and piano teeth elevated to the top job. Junior will be off the drags in 2021 after spending half the year at Wyong .

Yep

For you conspiracy theorists, maybe ASADA have come a knocking at Jnr Flanges' door.
Him and cherry cherry pow pow being besties and all..........
Maybe Xerri has dropped a dime on people and that's why no announcement and supsension as yet...
Just sayin

Way too much being made about Flanno junior being dropped.

Definitely not going as bad as most saying here.

Many young guys get dropped in their first year of First Grade and come back during the same year or following year and become regular fixtures in First Grade.

Last edited:

txta2

Bench
Reading supporters comments on fj on social media they seem a bit miffed about it. Probably the coach playing games

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
For you conspiracy theorists, maybe ASADA have come a knocking at Jnr Flanges' door.
Maybe Xerri has dropped a dime on people and that's why no announcement and supsension as yet...
Just sayin
Na flanno is a still a stick.

Xerri was full grown at 16.

I would be happy with current 6 and 7 if they can stay fit.

Just sayin
I was interested in what some Rooster supporters thought it so I went and read their forum at another place. A few of them are saying that they have a 1st grade player there who found out what others were paid and had a bit of a shit about it, they surmise that it could be Jnr.

I was interested in what some Rooster supporters thought it so I went and read their forum at another place. A few of them are saying that they have a 1st grade player there who found out what others were paid and had a bit of a shit about it, they surmise that it could be Jnr.

interesting indeed BBB

Card Shark

Immortal
Way too much being made about Flanno junior being dropped.

Definitely not going as bad as most saying here.

Many young guys get dropped in their first year of First Grade and come back during the same year or following year and become regular fixtures in First Grade.

Agree, he’s been going great Overall in his first year & probably getting a freshen up for the finals.

Physically & mentally.