What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its called backing the wrong horse

Chimp

Juniors
Agree, he’s been going great Overall in his first year & probably getting a freshen up for the finals.

Physically & mentally.
I think it’s exactly this - it’s entirely planned. Robbo has thrown that line out to the media to continue to build on his and the roosters image as being Uber professional and all about the team....

ghoti

Bench
Lost the link, but Shane Flanagan in the news today saying he "sent" Kyle to the Roosters, to get good coaching and play with good players.. interesting that he's admitted to getting his son to get out of a contract and switch clubs, f**k me

shadowboxer

First Grade
That’s a bit rich coming from old man Flange - hell when he was with us, he achieved plenty good and bad and got a new set of choppers to boot.
I’ll say this... anyone of that 2016 team are gold in my eyes, even Flange, but he walks a fine line

Generalzod

Immortal
Lost the link, but Shane Flanagan in the news today saying he "sent" Kyle to the Roosters, to get good coaching and play with good players.. interesting that he's admitted to getting his son to get out of a contract and switch clubs, f**k me
Funny enough according to one journo he said according some players in the team he is not Grand Final material...

Griffoshark66

First Grade
That’s a bit rich coming from old man Flange - hell when he was with us, he achieved plenty good and bad and got a new set of choppers to boot.
I’ll say this... anyone of that 2016 team are gold in my eyes, even Flange, but he walks a fine line
He's a merkin.

Quicksilver

Bench

Sounds like we didn’t back any horse after all.

It’s more like we just shut the gate after the horse had bolted.

Went and found it for you
Typical Flange arrogance, thinks he is above the rules.

Shane Flanagan sent his son Kyle to the Sydney Roosters to get an education. He won’t be second guessing that decision now that Roosters coach Trent Robinson has wielded the axe and given Kyle some time to work on his game.

“He is disappointed, no doubt,” Shane Flanagan said.
“He is very, very disappointed. But one of the reasons I sent Kyle to the Roosters was so he would get good coaching, education and play with good players.
“I can’t all of a sudden say I am upset about it. That is the reason I sent him there. They have made a decision and we have to live with it — I have to live with it and Kyles has to live with it.

“We just get on with it. Kyle will rip in and get his spot back. I don’t think he was playing poorly. I don’t think Robbo ever said that.

“Can he be better in some areas? One hundred per cent. He is 21 years old, this is really his first year in first grade. I have been happy with how he has been going.

“That is the reason I sent him there — to get this education and maybe a bit of hard schooling.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n/news-story/dc259b17dfd1d16277ccbc3daa40e2e4

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fugg me he sounds like Ricky Stuart - but instead of talking about “his boys” he is taking about his boy. What’s next for old Flange? Referring to himself in the third person, player management, crisis management ala doping scandal..... sorry I’ve had a few...

Chimp

Juniors
Be interesting to see what happens with Flanno Snr - all of the noise coming out of the Dragons is that Flanno is pulling all the strings at training, the players all talk about the impact Flanno is having on them, and never mention Mary. They’ve already admitted he’s been ‘promoted’ from just looking after defence, to looking after attack too. Then the peanut that is Ben Elias said on NRL360 earlier in the week that ‘the switch has happened between Mary and Flanno’ (according to his mate who is CEO of something of Dragons).
Depending on how PVL views the Flanno ban and historic events, Flanno could end up in hot water for flouting his ban rules AGAIN.

Be interesting to see what happens with Flanno Snr - all of the noise coming out of the Dragons is that Flanno is pulling all the strings at training, the players all talk about the impact Flanno is having on them, and never mention Mary. They’ve already admitted he’s been ‘promoted’ from just looking after defence, to looking after attack too. Then the peanut that is Ben Elias said on NRL360 earlier in the week that ‘the switch has happened between Mary and Flanno’ (according to his mate who is CEO of something of Dragons).
Depending on how PVL views the Flanno ban and historic events, Flanno could end up in hot water for flouting his ban rules AGAIN.

Just shows how much of a rabble they are when they can’t even keep it all hush hush.

Loose lips sink ships.

shadowboxer

First Grade
He has had a increased role and they are still looking like rubbish - Smokey comments I’d say but who gives a piss flap - wish him all the best but keep moving forward without all that distraction

shaggs

Coach
As if flanno senior is having any affect at the dragons. Their defence is appalling, which is his strength.
Young blokes have to ask for a release to get a game.
The dragons are better because Norman and Hunt are doing less and Dufty is doing it all. They will continue to threaten whilst Dufty maintains his form. When that stops, they will be lapped each week.

Latest posts