What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors targeting JDB & Aitken

Mjab

Juniors
Jack Bird ?

So is Bird worth a 2 yr deal with broncos paying a large slab

Yes an injury risk but he will have plenty of recovery time

And a lot better than who we would otherwise be able to attract and who is available

Is he on good or bad terms with Flanno?

Or try to bring someone thru we already have?

matPORTS

Juniors
Aitken hasn't been the 'flavour of the month' among the faithful for quite some time now. But, in my opinion, there is still some potential upside in his career, which Brown is a good chance of unleashing.

The fact that McGregor (whom played centre at the very highest level) hasn't been able to accelerate Euans' career to date is an absolute travesty and further example of his inability to develop our juniors. His break out year in 2015 instilled a lot of hope among us (and I'm sure we all thought at times in 2015 that McGregor could coach as well).

Wishing Euan all the best in his move to the Warriors and looking forward to a positive future with the juniors we have coming through (and a new coach to nurture them through the system).

possm

Coach
So is Bird worth a 2 yr deal with broncos paying a large slab

Yes an injury risk but he will have plenty of recovery time

And a lot better than who we would otherwise be able to attract and who is available

Is he on good or bad terms with Flanno?

Or try to bring someone thru we already have?
Feagai is good but still about a year too young. Just the same most other clubs seem to be bringing their best juniors through at age 19.

If the new coach wants someone more experienced and would rather sele Feagai after he proves himself against men in reserve grade, then buy a proven centre of first-grade experience on a two-year deal. Jack Bird seems to be a big risk injury-wise, however, if the money is right over a two year period we could take that risk and just slot in Feagai whenever fJack goes down with injury.

_Johnsy

Referee
Wonder what is happening with Xerri. Still awaiting results of confirmation of his B sample results?

Hopefully Flanno can touch base if he is re-instated. Would be a great pick up.

possm

Coach
Wonder what is happening with Xerri. Still awaiting results of confirmation of his B sample results?

Hopefully Flanno can touch base if he is re-instated. Would be a great pick up.
Yes I agree and would love to have him as our left-centre.

getsmarty

Immortal
Euan Aitken joins Warriors: Dragons star confirms departure as Nathan Brown secures double signing coup

Ed Chisholm
55 mins ago

Euan Aitken will depart the St. George Illawarra Dragons after confirming he's agreed to sign with the New Zealand Warriors for next season.

It comes as The Daily Telegraph revealed on Tuesday the star centre has penned a three-year deal to link up with the Warriors from 2021 after not being offered a new contract by the Red V.

Aitken becomes one of Nathan Brown's first player signings since the former Knights and Dragons mentor was unveiled as Warriors head coach on Saturday, after inking a three-year deal himself.

Both the Warriors and Dragons are expected to confirm Aitken's transfer in the coming days, but after informing teammates of his departure on Wednesday, Aitken revealed on Instagram he wouldn't be wearing the Red V in 2021.

"Firstly I would just like to thank @nrl_dragons for opportunity to play for such a proud club, I also want to thank the proud members and fans for the support over the years," Aitken wrote.

"Sadly my time at the dragons has come to end but I’m keen to finish the year of on a high with my mates.

"When one door closes another one opens and I’m super excited say I’ve signed with the @nzwarriors and can’t wait for the new challenge that lies ahead."

A Merimbula-Pambula Bulldogs junior and graduate of the Dragons junior development program, Aitken debuted for his boyhood club in 2015 and has scored 38 tries in 115 NRL appearances.

Aitken has played in three Tests for Scotland and was on the cusp of State of Origin selection in 2018.

After starting the year out of favour in Paul McGregor's side, the 25-year-old has been in lightning form since earning a recall in round three, averaging 149 run metres and scoring three tries, while forming a dynamic partnership with fullback Matt Dufty.

Aitken will become the second high profile Dragon to depart the club at season's end, after Test and Origin star Tyson Frizell announced his move to the Newcastle Knights earlier in the year.

While James Graham also left in a mid-season move back to the Super League, with the trio's departures set to free up significant salary cap space for St. George Illawarra to rebuild its roster for next year and beyond.

Meanwhile, for the Warriors, Aitken's arrival comes after the acquisition of Parramatta Eels forward Kane Evans was confirmed by the club on Wednesday in what will be a double coup for the incoming Brown.

After Brown also confirmed the club were in high-level discussions with stood down Dragons forward Jack de Belin, Bulldogs lock Adam Elliott is another player the club has reportedly approached as it looks to overhaul its roster.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sports/ne...brown-secures-double-signing-coup/ar-BB17QHnm

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I reckon Jordan would have forged Aitken's signature if Euan did not sign with Warriors and taken him personally to the Warriors camp. Great news for Jordan, he will now get to see some ball and not rely on the opposition kicks to get his hands on the ball.

I hope Saints give these youngsters like the Fenagai bros (whatever their name is) or Ramsay a run and not buy a used up fringe NRL first grader like they did Lafai to delay the juniors making their debut.

Dragon David

First Grade
In the case of the Warriors, they have not mucked around after they sacked Kearney. Signing Nathan Brown (Head Coach), Phil Gould (in an advisory capacity), signing new players Aitken, Evans and trying to get Elliott, Lodge and De-Belin (subject to legal results). So Brown knows who he is after and to me he is a good judge.

I'm seeing that the Warriors will be a more consistent team with more wins than losses next year under Brown. I know he didn't do too much at the Knights but he had to get rid of a lot of dead wood and rebuild to basically what they have now. He must see a lot of potential with Aitken, who at only 25 might have several good seasons with that club.

We on the other hand are still scratching and bumbling around not knowing Arthur from Martha and vice versa. We are just not a progressive club and other players and would be coaches can see this miles away.

Our Board members just don't seem to have the vision and desire to get this club to be top 4 material year in and year out. That is what they need to realise and the thing they must do is rid the current head coach pronto to get us heading that way.

Dragon David

First Grade
In the case of the Warriors, they have not mucked around after they sacked Kearney. Signing Nathan Brown (Head Coach), Phil Gould (in an advisory capacity), signing new players Aitken, Evans and trying to get Elliott, Lodge and De-Belin (subject to legal results). So Brown knows who he is after and to me he is a good judge.

I'm seeing that the Warriors will be a more consistent team with more wins than losses next year under Brown. I know he didn't do too much at the Knights but he had to get rid of a lot of dead wood and rebuild to basically what they have now. He must see a lot of potential with Aitken, who at only 25 might have several good seasons with that club.

We on the other hand are still scratching and bumbling around not knowing Arthur from Martha and vice versa. We are just not a progressive club and other players and would be coaches can see this miles away.

Our Board members just don't seem to have the vision and desire to get this club to be top 4 material year in and year out. That is what they need to realise and the thing they must do is rid the current head coach pronto to get us heading that way.
Just read that Elliott has re-signed with the Bulldogs - a coup for Trent Barrett.

Spazer

Juniors
It's a shame about Aitken, he was playing some good football these past couple months and was improving under a decent coach. Now we can hopefully see what Feagai or Williame can do.

Latest posts