What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
I think it’d be a mistake to discount the progress he’s made. He’s had one incident this year alongside being widely lauded for his attitude by Warriors fans. Compare that to being binned or suspended basically every other game he played in 2018.
My preference would be to get Tamou for 2 more years and flip Tetevano. Either that or phase Hetherington in and not resign Tetevano.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it’d be a mistake to discount the progress he’s made. He’s had one incident this year alongside being widely lauded for his attitude by Warriors fans. Compare that to being binned or suspended basically every other game he played in 2018.
My preference would be to get Tamou for 2 more years and flip Tetevano. Either that or phase Hetherington in and not resign Tetevano.

He copped a charge v Sharks too. So in 6 games for them and was charged twice. Throw in the suspension after Round 1 and nothing has changed

franklin2323

Immortal
Tamou’s a tough one. I’d like to keep him for his experience, and he’s still playing well. But we also have a lot of props, how can we get them all minutes?

I think a lot rests on if the club want to re-sign Tetevano and/or Hetherington.

I think Martin's best position is prop too

Kilkenny

Coach
I expect we will get the good news when the clubs feels we need it.

Agree, I suspect certain players have already committed the club is just biding it’s time.
It isn't like we can use the re-signing news to boost crowds or anything

I do think they are being strategic around next season. Delay announcements to maximise membership renewals for 2021 not that I think they are going to have a problem for next season. Regardless of how this season pans out I think we may see record membership numbers for 2021 this is a really exciting squad with more upside to come.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree, I suspect certain players have already committed the club is just biding it’s time.

I do think they are being strategic around next season. Delay announcements to maximise membership renewals for 2021 not that I think they are going to have a problem for next season. Regardless of how this season pans out I think we may see record membership numbers for 2021 this is a really exciting squad with more upside to come.

Assuming restrictions are off for next year that is

Whino

Bench
There’s plenty of people out there suggesting Matt Burton will head elsewhere sooner rather than later, given he can’t find his way into the top 17 at the Panthers. But I’m told Burton is actually on the verge of extending his stay with the club, keen to remain in the system and bide his time waiting for an opportunity in Ivan Cleary’s side. It’ll certainly shock some ‘experts’ when it happens, but don’t be surprised if the Panthers announce a new deal for Burton in the coming weeks.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2020/08/masked-panther-burton-to-extend-stay-at-penrith/

Blues Riff

Bench
I think Matt would appreciate the value of his current situation. Training with the comp leaders, only an ankle injury away from featuring in the finals. As long as he's on reasonable pay, he should extend a year or two and bide his time. It didn't do Luai any harm. Desperate clubs will make big offers though.
"Hey Matt, here's a bag of cash, now fix this mess."

ACTPanthers

Bench
I think Matt would appreciate the value of his current situation. Training with the comp leaders, only an ankle injury away from featuring in the finals. As long as he's on reasonable pay, he should extend a year or two and bide his time. It didn't do Luai any harm. Desperate clubs will make big offers though.
"Hey Matt, here's a bag of cash, now fix this mess."
I'd hope he'd have some smart operators in his corner saying "Sure, that's a lot of money, and a guaranteed starting spot, but, it's at the Bulldogs (or some other shit team)... Think about it mate"

I think we're in a good position with a bit of success at the moment so can use that to sway signings. This is something we are just not used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts