What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's gone

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Ok...so we had “Oust Doust”, “leave Steve”, and “Fail Mary”, all very catchy phrases...what will be the next catchy phrase for “Dean Young”?

thoughts?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
"We haven't met performance expectations over the past 18 months, and I take acceptance of responsibility. I had the opportunity to build my team, which we did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, we have not put that same side on the field since for a number of reasons."

The joker still finds a way to deflect from his poor coaching ability... just take it on the chin mate, you were never up to it, no one else's fault but your own
Couldnt have said it better myself Eastview

qld redvee

Juniors
Need clarification guys ,, heard supercoach's interview on radio and it sounded like he said -- ' he left for the betterment of the team but not himself " - did I hear right If I did then even as he is out the door he is so arrogant and ego driven .....
And not to be forgotten he has rolled the old chestnut out that he hasnt had his team on the field - still cant get over JDB !!
But on a better note - hooray and raise a glass to celebrate
roll on 2021 hopefully onwards and upwards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saintsproud

Juniors
That is incredible news. Had to read it a couple of times to be sure. To think I was glad when Mary was appointed after the horrific period we went through under the chinless wonder. Let’s hope this board and CEO hear the message from the fans....get an experienced coach and sooner rather than later. With all the players leaving at the end of the season, appointing and announcing a new permanent and experienced coach should help us attract some quality players. Right now, no one wants to be linked with the Dragons. Warriors and Doggies have done this well.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I just hope the Board & CEO do a proper an extensive search to find the right applicant.
Personally, I feel Craig Fitzgibbon would be the ideal coach to build our club around. He’s had a long apprenticeship under Trent Robinson and coached at Rep level with Country & defence coach of the NSW Origin team. He’s done his time and comes out of a quality production line.
Throw in an experienced senior coach as his assistant, like Griffin, Toovey or Flanno.
I’m thinking Wayne Bennett is getting past it and has had his opportunity at the RedV, we need to move forward and not go back.

These 2 paragraphs from the SMH say it all.

“It is understood Dragons directors had become tired of the direction of the team this year, with McGregor failing to develop the cream of the club's young players.

At the same time, the more experienced, highly paid players failed to perform without fear of consequences.“

7 years to realise this? And these guys are Directors. They should be charged by ASIC for dereliction of duties.
We had to hit absolute rock bottom for the Directors to come to this conclusion...they are culpable as much as McGregor.

possm

Coach
I just hope the Board & CEO do a proper an extensive search to find the right applicant.
Personally, I feel Craig Fitzgibbon would be the ideal coach to build our club around. He’s had a long apprenticeship under Trent Robinson and coached at Rep level with Country & defence coach of the NSW Origin team. He’s done his time and comes out of a quality production line.
Throw in an experienced senior coach as his assistant, like Griffin, Toovey or Flanno.
I’m thinking Wayne Bennett is getting past it and has had his opportunity at the RedV, we need to move forward and not go back.
I'm happy that Mary is finally gone but very disappointed that Craig Young managed to get his son into the interim head coach job. It will be very difficult to dislodge Dean Young if he comes up with a few wins. Same as when Price was sacked.

Young has been part of the problem ever since Mary was appointed. He should never have been appointed interim coach.

If the long-term coach is not to be Flanagan, then why not appoint the desired coach now and give him the chance to vet his players and plan the off-season? So if Griffin is the target, then why wasn't he appointed immediately?

I like Fitzgibbon too but Bennett won't let anyone down even if he was 90.
Can't buy his experience and could be a shrewd interim appointment.
Really like your assistants if any of them were on board.
You watch the transformation from a rabble to a real football team once a professional coach takes the reins.