What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
I always remember my old man saying that he had the opportunity to buy a large block of land up at Ocean Beach for 15 pound - yes pounds way back .

They , mum and dad , were on their honeymoon and the old boy was flushed with a bit of dough at that time and could had bought it there and then . However being just married he decided to put the money away for a house .

Over the years he said how he regretted that decision as he often would say “ Oh gaz if only I had bought the bluudy thing our Iives would had been so much easier “ .

The place was a bit of a playground for me when I was a young hoon as I and my mates use to quite often go there on weekends . So I certainly envy your choice jak.
gareth you poor old bastard showed the wife your post and just to make you feel better she said her parents bought a water front at toukley for 300 pounds i'm at charmhaven on the lake but paid a little more than 300 pounds,but you have to be charming to live here.

Gareth67

First Grade
gareth you poor old bastard showed the wife your post and just to make you feel better she said her parents bought a water front at toukley for 300 pounds i'm at charmhaven on the lake but paid a little more than 300 pounds,but you have to be charming to live here.

:blush:

Reactions: jak

Gareth67

First Grade
I'd be into that.
Im sure amongst us there are some very colourful travel stories.
I've never been anywhere super out of the ordinary but did spend a week alone on business in Taipei. Funnily enough the locals didn't speak English but the older generation all spoke Japanese. I was living in Japan at the time so I was able to converse in Japanese with anyone over 50.
Great dumplings.

Well . . . I worked in England as a porter in a seaside hotel back in the ‘70s , bow tie etc. and the lads took me up to London one weekend to some posh club . After a few pints I had to have a leak so I walked in , saw the porcelain cisterns against the wall and let it flow , so to speak .

A chap walked in and looked at me and said “ how bloody disgusting “ , well I had no idea what he was on about and he just shook his head and walked out . Of course I then turned around and behind me was a stainless steel trough - I was actually pussing into the hand basins ! ( Which were designed the same as the white single pee- basins we have nowadays here in Oz )

I believe that may had been the reason that I never received an invitation to Harry’s and Megan’ s wedding ? ? :thinking:

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The rumours of him returning to the NRL won't go away- assuming he can gain registration. I for one woudn't mind him being our full-back- tall, strong and brilliant under the high ball. Dufty is heart attack material with his penchant to let the ball bounce and the alternatives ( Schiller and Ramsay) are promising but untried kids.

Opinions?

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The rumours of him returning to the NRL won't go away- assuming he can gain registration. I for one woudn't mind him being our full-back- tall, strong and brilliant under the high ball. Dufty is heart attack material with his penchant to let the ball bounce and the alternatives ( Schiller and Ramsay) are promising but untried kids.

Opinions?

No give our youngsters a go, we have a couple of potential good ones coming along.

possm

Coach
No give our youngsters a go, we have a couple of potential good ones coming along.
Ramsey and Schiller are yet to play a game in first grade and with not Canterbury Cup games being played right now, it would be a big call to compare either one of these players to Falou.

I would love to see Falou signed for the next 3 years. It is time our management team look to form a winning roster full of the best possible talent, rather than a mediocre squad who struggle to compete week to week.

A healthy mix of talanted juniors and about 3 marquee players is the way to go. If we put Falou in our back 5, and two new marquee players in our forward pack and with a good new coach, we would give the 2021 competition a good shake. Just imagine a backline of:
1. Falou
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Dufty
7. Clune

So much youth, speed and strike power. Our fans would truely be entertained by this lot.

Latest posts