The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

Sharks mate (don't judge) recons Flannigan doesn't want the Dragons and won't be here beyond this year.

blacksafake likes this.
  2. SIR LANCELOT

SIR LANCELOT Juniors

Just a rumour Dave!!

3. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Probably already knows that the dragons will sign young haha

blacksafake likes this.
  4. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Don’t laugh :flushed:

redVinme and getsmarty like this.
  5. Heavy D

Heavy D Juniors

Great location to live, I agree

Como Connection likes this.
  6. RedV Resurgence

RedV Resurgence Juniors

I thought this was the rumours thread and suddenly find myself in what looks like re-runs of the Sullivans!

7. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Not to mention both Tallis and Mundine who reneged on contracts while with Saints.

However, Folau didn’t not and anyone who claims otherwise is showing their complete ignorance apropos anti discrimination workplace laws.

8. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

On an entirely different subject related to Folau, did anyone else notice a few players (in the recent Huddersfield vs Warrington match) who chose not to kneel in support of the BLM movement prior to kickoff?

Where was the same media frenzy which persecuted Folau?

Double standards for some.

Gareth67 and redandwhite4evr like this.
  9. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Is that a triple or quadruple negative?

10. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

“Apropos” got you befuddled again, ol’ fella? How I missed you during my “time off”.

Are you well? Still seem a little orange (or is that jaundiced?) around the gills though. Good to see the Steelers are producing enough talent to ensure the Dragons remain mediocre....cough...I mean “competitive”.

Double edit: As it has been (incorrectly) misconstrued “WHINGING” by the sad, rusty, ornery, moose knuckling, dilettante scribbler masquerading as an impartial moderator, I must remind myself NOT to use the term “Sabbatical” in future posts.

FUTURE POSTS? WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID, PAL!!! Once the cravenly individual cops of a whiff of this missive, he’ll undoubtedly damn you aside into the equivalent of The Phantom Zone for an eternity. Such an action, of course, will only reaffirm his cowardly persona. Still, it’s worth it. The “moderator” in question has a strong aversion to factual matters, and also has a rather weird penchant for paraphrasing my thoughts whilst trying to pass them off as his own. Imitation is the most insincere form of flattery after all.

He doesn’t accept being wrong either which this “little black duck” has proven more than once.

To all and sundry, as it seems most likely my time on this forum is about to come to a truncated demise, I would like to say I appreciate each and every one of you (yes, that includes you too Muzzy). Even though we don’t always see eye-to-eye, the most important things which binds us is a profound love for the Dragons.

Long may it continue.

Feel free to say “G’day” in any Dragons’ related group found on other social media platforms.

All the best,

J

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  11. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

Yes- interesting that people choose to stamp out Folau's intolerance with....drum roll.. intolerance!!!

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  12. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

How about some real rumours boys

Start your own thread "where the fk did you live" and go there for a chat

13. avocado

avocado Juniors

Rumour has it I grew up in Thirroul.

14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Yep, it’s hypocrisy 101.

15. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

At least it’s not the sack McGregor subject :joy:

Gareth67, Heavy D and RedV Resurgence like this.
  16. Willow

Willow Administrator

Rugby union sacked Folau because they believed he breached an agreement pertaining to their code of conduct. He took legal action and got a payout, out-of-court settlement so it never got to a court decision.

The point is, the NRL would be very wary, despite the OP's wish and attempt to create a 'rumour'. For some reason, players who break agreements and then go legal are seen as trouble.
    Folau also refused to take the knee, stating that he only kneels before his god. He was the only Catalans player who didn't take the knee but he had his reasons.

There was no 'media frenzy' over his explanation or his beliefs.

It was after all, Folau's right not to kneel, just as it is an individual's right to to stand for the national anthem.

So not entirely different subject matter, and you going out your way to look for 'double standards' appears to have backfired,

Might help to research these things before looking for an argument.

17. Willow

Willow Administrator

I don't recall Folau's views being stamped out. Criticised, yes.

He said the bushfires were god's punishment. People died, homes were lost, communities ripped apart. Even some of his previous backers thought he'd gone too far. It caused a lot of hurt.

Do you think this type of ignorance shouldn't be called out? That his critics should just shut up?
    Again, I'm curious to see where this is coming from. So far, you seem to be the only source. Where are these persistent rumours?

18. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Am I supposed to dignify this BS with a response?

Yes, people (who could be bothered doing so) can quite easily do some research at their own leisure.

In short, Folau didn’t “break an agreement” because one which included social media activities was NEVER forwarded to him or his manager. Not that he would’ve agreed to such a barbaric restraint anyway. Mind you, such a move is illegal (an entirely different discussion for another day).

Feel free to Google “Folau never signed agreement” and “Folau refuses to knee” to get a much clearer idea instead of the garbled, disingenuous nonsense shown above.

19. The calm one

The calm one Juniors

Enough weirdo's here. We don't need anymore. Stay calm

Walpole likes this.
  20. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Weirdos? Haven’t you seen Trent Merrin’s attempt at dancing following a win?

Gareth67 and redv13 like this.