What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

jeffdragon

Bench
What gets me is that we have mentioned that we have not much now to choose from to sign up but we knew that Frizell was leaving ages ago and there would have been much more players coming off contract that one of the good ones we could have signed for next year to replace him. The Raiders knew that John Bateman was going back to Wigan and they were able to secure Ryan James to take his place.

WTF do we do, effing nothing. We are deadset hopeless all round. Still well and truly in the dark as a club I am afraid.
Missed out on Tamou as well.
Not much to chose from now.

TruSaint

Referee
He has done a sterling job of filling in at lock this season.

I look forward to seeing him back in the 9 next season...

Yep.

Thats the position we fricken signed him for.

Kid is only one of a handful that can keep his head up.
He's a fill in lock at best. he is an elite hooker. Hope our new coach shifts them back to the roles they were signed for. He did "imply" on 2gb, that Hunt was a natural 7.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was expecting a loss today but I thought that we would have been much more competitive. Griffin would definitely have been watching this game, if not live he would see the replay, and he is/will be sharpening up his axe I would say.

Time to make a big culling of the down trodden.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He has done a sterling job of filling in at lock this season.

I look forward to seeing him back in the 9 next season...
Yeah he's a gun. Even though people think he's too light to play lock if you look at his stats he still regularly leads our metres gained and especially play the ball speed. His passing game is good too.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Some say they were embarrassed, but realistically we were never going to beat the raiders today.
Maybe a bit of a better performance but not troubling them too much.
Time for being embarrassed happened earlier in the season when we were 0-4.
Jeff we have been embarrassing since 2011 in all aspects of the game from front office, recruitment, shit coaching and team performance.

HenryTatana

Juniors
W
What gets me is that we have mentioned that we have not much now to choose from to sign up but we knew that Frizell was leaving ages ago and there would have been much more players coming off contract that one of the good ones we could have signed for next year to replace him. The Raiders knew that John Bateman was going back to Wigan and they were able to secure Ryan James to take his place.

WTF do we do, effing nothing. We are deadset hopeless all round. Still well and truly in the dark as a club I am afraid.
Waiting, waiting, waiting ............. for JDB.

possm

Coach
Our centre defence has never been the same without Debelin.

We need new mongrel players. Replacements for Frizzell and Aitkin need to have Canberra style mongrel.
Pappa, Wighton, Havira Naira and Dunamis all way more mongrel than our forwards.
We should have told Frizell Mary was on his way before letting him go and sign with the Knights. When we knew Frizell was really leaving, we should have signed Fifita. Penrith will not release Hetherington and we are in a fight for the big O. If Millward has has the feeling he is no longer wanted, he won't be trying to sign anyone.

I say bring in Griffin now so that he can get on top of the recruitment side of things.

possm

Coach
Yep.

Thats the position we fricken signed him for.

Kid is only one of a handful that can keep his head up.
He's a fill in lock at best. he is an elite hooker. Hope our new coach shifts them back to the roles they were signed for. He did "imply" on 2gb, that Hunt was a natural 7.
Griffin should get McInnes some help with his dummy half game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We should have told Frizell Mary was on his way before letting him go and sign with the Knights. When we knew Frizell was really leaving, we should have signed Fifita. Penrith will not release Hetherington and we are in a fight for the big O. If Millward has has the feeling he is no longer wanted, he won't be trying to sign anyone.

I say bring in Griffin now so that he can get on top of the recruitment side of things.
Griffin is in already make no mistake. I doubt any recruitment decisions are being made without his approval.

denis preston

First Grade

You know, IMHO Frizzell has reached his peak & is on the downslide. Frustrating that he cant pass.

denis preston

First Grade
The worrying thing is our forward pack will mostly be the same next year, apart from maybe JDB.

Host and Lawrie are the only two improving with each game, the rest of our forwards are either going backwards or not offering anything at all.
Agree but Host has heard nothing from the club about resigning.

Mjab

Juniors
Guys tell me im wrong but did Hosty sit on the banch for the entire game ? I cant remember seeing him at all . If he didnt get a run I think mini me supercoach need sto explain why -- we were getting outplayed so leave a forward off for the duration ?? and surely we must put an end to the reserve hooker on the bench .. Long 2 weeks coming up after that performance
They said he was injured

possm

Coach
You know, IMHO Frizzell has reached his peak & is on the downslide. Frustrating that he cant pass.
It's all spilt milk now but if he did stay, I'm sure Griffin would have made some positive adjustments to his game. We still have T Sims and Vaughan and if we get De Belin back and McInnes playing well at hooker, maybe we are halfway there.

In my opinion we need two top grade hard nosed props and a marquee right edge forward. If we don't get to see De Belin, then we need a topgrade lock as well.