What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
possibly good news
I know he has had issues but I would take him with our current stockpile
put some behavour clauses in contract
Make this a priority ! He is a gun. Interesting that he wants to get out of Sydney but is Wollongong far enough ? Family issues obviously so yes we will have to do our background checks.

Mjab

Juniors
Make this a priority ! He is a gun. Interesting that he wants to get out of Sydney but is Wollongong far enough ? Family issues obviously so yes we will have to do our background checks.
the worry is he may be pissed we pissed him off past ?
Money talks though

Phantom V

Juniors
With AFB, why would Manly even consider letting their 3rd best player go if there were not some real issues that made them release him ? If it sounds too good to be true , it is !
I hope you’re wrong Denis, I would love to have him at our club, but where there’s smoke......

BLM01

First Grade
You know what RV i'd normally agree re Korban but the last game he played before his injury he played like a man inspired , particularly on defence. If Griffin can get some intensity & consistency in his game he certainly will be part of our forwards renaissance.
It’s a no from me re KSims
He’s had plenty of games to try and inspire and may have only done it once
someone like Blake Lawrie puts in every single game
there’s a difference we don’t need another ome that floats in an out when they feel like getting inspired playing for a contract

Maddragon99

Juniors
I shudder at the thought of the 2 worst QLD dickheads together at our club....Norman and Maguire.
This just about offsets the joy of getting a new and proper coach In Griffin.

Well if we want different results we need to make different decisions. I think McGuire on a 2yr deal is a short term fix to harden up our pack until we’re able to recruit better longer term prospects.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Manly forward Addin Fonua-Blake has been granted permission to talk to rival NRL clubs about an exit from Sydney with two years left on his Sea Eagles contract.

Fonua-Blake has told Manly he wants to leave Sydney with his family, despite having two years left to run on his contract.

Manly confirmed on Wednesday they were open to releasing the 24-year-old, who is set to become one of the most in-demand forwards in the NRL.

But the Sea Eagles have said they will only release the forward if they receive compensation, likely from his next club.

“Addin is a senior and highly valued member of the Sea Eagles squad and would be a huge loss,” a Manly statement read.

“(However) out of respect to him and his circumstances, the club has today given its permission for the exploratory conversations to be conducted immediately.

“The club will look favourably upon a request to release Addin from the final two years of his contract on compassionate grounds as long as the Sea Eagles receive fair and reasonable compensation.

“The club has advised Addin and his manager that this matter needs to be resolved promptly so that all parties can confidently plan for the future.”

While the Tongan international landed himself in hot water earlier this year for offensive comments to a referee, he is one of the game’s best props.

He leads all front-rowers for metres per run in the NRL with more than 10, and his one-two combination with Martin Taupau is one of the best in the NRL.

The Sea Eagles front-row depth would also take a hit, having won just one of five games without him in the past two seasons.

:copyright: AAP

Inisai Toga

Juniors
You know what RV i'd normally agree re Korban but the last game he played before his injury he played like a man inspired , particularly on defence. If Griffin can get some intensity & consistency in his game he certainly will be part of our forwards renaissance.
Tend to agree! It’s bad luck with his injuries as he’s never really got any momentum with us and I always think that forwards need continual game time to get form (ditto Merrin and Kerr). When ‘fit’ he does bring some energy to the side and can sniff out a try or two along with his good defence. If he wasn’t taking up too much cap space maybe worth keeping, but maybe his body’s telling him something different.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
It’s a no from me re KSims
He’s had plenty of games to try and inspire and may have only done it once
someone like Blake Lawrie puts in every single game
there’s a difference we don’t need another ome that floats in an out when they feel like getting inspired playing for a contract
Spot on BLM01. Love Korbin but he’s done. Way too many injuries and not enough impact

Maddragon99

Juniors
Manly forward Addin Fonua-Blake has been granted permission to talk to rival NRL clubs about an exit from Sydney with two years left on his Sea Eagles contract.

Fonua-Blake has told Manly he wants to leave Sydney with his family, despite having two years left to run on his contract.

Manly confirmed on Wednesday they were open to releasing the 24-year-old, who is set to become one of the most in-demand forwards in the NRL.

But the Sea Eagles have said they will only release the forward if they receive compensation, likely from his next club.

“Addin is a senior and highly valued member of the Sea Eagles squad and would be a huge loss,” a Manly statement read.

“(However) out of respect to him and his circumstances, the club has today given its permission for the exploratory conversations to be conducted immediately.

“The club will look favourably upon a request to release Addin from the final two years of his contract on compassionate grounds as long as the Sea Eagles receive fair and reasonable compensation.

“The club has advised Addin and his manager that this matter needs to be resolved promptly so that all parties can confidently plan for the future.”

While the Tongan international landed himself in hot water earlier this year for offensive comments to a referee, he is one of the game’s best props.

He leads all front-rowers for metres per run in the NRL with more than 10, and his one-two combination with Martin Taupau is one of the best in the NRL.

The Sea Eagles front-row depth would also take a hit, having won just one of five games without him in the past two seasons.

:copyright: AAP

We sacked AFB in 2015 after he plead guilty to domestic violence changes. So I doubt he’d consider a return to the Gong.

SGMax

Juniors
Just when you thought there was not much on the market, AFB suddenly becomes available.
This type of thing happens regularly these days so no need to panic buy bog average players to fill your roster.

For all those setting moral standards, he hasn't been impeded from playing by the NRL.
He is allowed to play and will sign with one of the clubs, why should not the Dragons accept that he has moved on from past indiscretions and that he is a suitable option to fill a weakness in our lineup.

Manly snapped him up and benefited all these years after the Dragons released him.
Definitely the best prop available, hope he has genuinely got his behaviour sorted out.
Lets see if we can sign him up.
We may re-unite him with Taupou the following year when he becomes available.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Just when you thought there was not much on the market, AFB suddenly becomes available.
This type of thing happens regularly these days so no need to panic buy bog average players to fill your roster.

For all those setting moral standards, he hasn't been impeded from playing by the NRL.
He is allowed to play and will sign with one of the clubs, why should not the Dragons accept that he has moved on from past indiscretions and that he is a suitable option to fill a weakness in our lineup.

Manly snapped him up and benefited all these years after the Dragons released him.
Definitely the best prop available, hope he has genuinely got his behaviour sorted out.
Lets see if we can sign him up.
We may re-unite him with Taupou the following year when he becomes available.

As you say if he’s got himself sorted off the field then he’d be a huge coup for us. He’s only 24 and could be the mainstay of the pack for the next 6yrs or so.