1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

On Nov 1 sure. Lot of failure can occur before then haha

2. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

If he wants to relocate to NZ then that’s fair enough but if he signs with another Sydney team & we miss out on him I think Millward should be fired. AFB would be a massive signing for us.

Lord Teddy Goodwin and redVinme like this.
  3. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

I posted something on the signings thread which I think is interesting regarding Christian Welch.

4. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Michael C saying Young gone Officially !

5. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

Bst for both parties I think

6. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

Young officially tells Dragons he’ll depart club at season’s end
    [​IMG]
    Interim Dragons coach Dean Young (left) will depart the club at season’s end. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
    Interim Dragons coach Dean Young has told the club he will depart at season’s end, after 17 years of connection to the St George Illawarra club.

According to multiple reports, Young informed the club of his exit on Wednesday afternoon.

He took over the top job after Paul McGregor was shown the door, but was ultimately beaten to the long-term head coaching position by Anthony Griffin who will pick up the reigns next season.

Griffin has already started putting things in place, reportedly telling assistants Shane Flanagan and James Shepherd they wouldn’t have jobs at the club next year. However, he had hoped Young would remain with the Red V.

36-year-old Young, a premiership winner with the Dragons as a player in 2010, is expected to take up an assistant role with a rival club.

EARLY MAIL: Broncos Gamble on unknown half; grand final hero can’t get a game

TRANSFER WHISPERS: Rivals circle as Test star walks; Storm’s Foxx ultimatum

He has been linked to the Cowboys under incoming coach Todd Payten, and the Knights — whom the Dragons face on Sunday — under Adam O’Brien.

Young has had a tough run since stepping up to the top job, winning just one of four games.

7. Phantom V

Phantom V Juniors

Good luck to him. He’s been a good servant of the club. His heart was in the right place.

Drakon, blacksafake and Inisai Toga like this.
  8. Unsainty79

Unsainty79 Juniors

Heard some rumours today:
    - Young 100% gone (now confirmed)
    - Young chased by Cowboys, Raiders, Chooks and Tigers

and most concerning:
    - Tigers have sounded out McInnes - they think McInnes would be very interested if Young joins Tigers.

And in Griffin:
    - He will look to move Norman to 14 and if successful looking to moving him to left edge either as centre or second row. Apparently similar to how Tyrone May is playing.

Again all rumours but who knows...

9. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

I'd prefer that Norman not be moved to left edge but left right out.

10. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

I still believe Griffin WILL NOT go w Hunt/Clune combo next year...no chance...too risky not in his first year of coaching the club...he would be looking for a certain solution at 5/8 and Norman is definitely not that - I'm really thinking that Maloney may be a real option here ...I just can't see Griffin taking any risks ...he's actually showing his cards already by trying to lure hardened pro like Mcguire ...you can add Maloney to that list IMO..

Gareth67 likes this.
  11. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

You may be right about Maloney mickey . As you have said Griffin won’t dilly-dally around with the current much vaunted Dragon spine . He will start afresh with a combination that already has runs on the board .

I myself would not mind Maloney in the halves for 1 season to cement a base from which the Dragons attack can flow . And Maloney with his bags of tricks is the perfect individual to do this . Certainly getting on in years , but he would do wonders for the Big Red V in a 12 month period - he could possibly be our version of Mr. C. Smith from the Storm .

Lord Teddy Goodwin and Mjab like this.
  12. saintrob

saintrob Juniors

Ofehengue to dragons announced tonight on fox sports news !

13. Ghostrider22

Ghostrider22 Juniors

There is a good start to recruiting saintrob

14. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Would you really want to pay 850K for AFB....pass from me on that kind of money.

15. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

If 850k is the real figure I'd pass. I'd reckon you could get welch and Hetherington for close to that

Though honestly we need a Afb. Wonder what junior Paulo is on. He's stocks have risen I'd rather agitate that

Gareth67, Mjab and Inisai Toga like this.
  16. redv13

redv13 Juniors

You could easily get Welch and Hetherington and have about 200k leftover.

17. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Great news ! The Dragons now have a player with plenty of size and bulk .
    All 17 stone and 6’ 3” of him .

Now for Griffin to instill some Dragon fire into him - and the other members of the pack .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    I'm Hornby, Phantom V and Mjab like this.
  18. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

He doesn’t even hardly run the ball at 6 let alone in forwards.

redv13 likes this.
  19. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

I
    I feel he will go Hunt/Norman it’s just a feeling but I feel he will have a point to prove that he can get them going again as a combo, particularly Hunt.

20. redv13

redv13 Juniors

If Norman ever plays 2nd row for Saints I’ll shout the Orangeman and his Illawarra mates crownies for a year

Gareth67 likes this.