What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Wielder mentioned this morning, Johns was at eels training yesterday but not behind the fence but in the “bubble”.

Apparently Eels have obtained permission for Johns to coach the players on the field as long as he “socially distances” while doing it.
Going to be hard to kick Moses’ arse whilst social distancing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Johns should be social distancing from our halves, like back in Newcastle

he hasn't done shit
Maybe, maybe not Twizz but its a sign the club acknowledge that more is required that what we currently have. I like that our thinking is we need better. If he cant help our struggling "A" then they may well look further afield.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe, maybe not Twizz but its a sign the club acknowledge that more is required that what we currently have. I like that our thinking is we need better. If he cant help our struggling "A" then they may well look further afield.

hasn't he been working with them all year ?

Wielder mentioned this morning, Johns was at eels training yesterday but not behind the fence but in the “bubble”.

Apparently Eels have obtained permission for Johns to coach the players on the field as long as he “socially distances” while doing it.
The fences have been down for months. Joey never went away he can train the team but needs to be 10m away from them. The NRL have a minder at each club to ensure that distances are kept.
Now if only the players could put into action what he teaches them

Eels great unite to launch stirring and powerful defence of Mitchell Moses

Parramatta legends from the golden 1980s have united to launch a powerful defence of vilified Eels halfback Mitch Moses just a week out from the NRL finals. Mick Cronin, Brett Kenny, Peter Wynn and Eric Grothe have joined together — as they when they won four premierships during the 1980s — to tell critics of Moses to lay-off. A polarising figure, Moses has again come under fire for his performances towards the end of the season despite having led Parramatta into the top four with just round one remaining. And the scrutiny on Moses will intensify this Saturday night with Parramatta having to beat his former club the Wests Tigers to nail down a top-four finish. The game will also pit Moses against the great Benji Marshall, playing his final game for Wests Tigers. Moses will feel added pressure until injured five-eighth Dylan Brown returns, hopefully in round two of the finals. “There are some players they (fans and critics) expect to be superstars every week – and Moses seems to be one of those. It’s not that easy to perform at that level every game,” Cronin said. “If he’s not playing outstanding, he is one of those players they like to bag. They just don’t seem to forgive him for one bad game. Others players have bad games but get away with it. But if Moses has a bad game, or a flat period, they target him.
[8:45 AM]
“He’s an easy target for the fans. They don’t allow him to have an average game. They seem to give it to him. “Other blokes seem to ride out criticism but as soon as he (Moses) has an off game, they all seem to target him. You have to allow players some flat spots. Moses had a (knee) injury too, something everyone seems to have forgotten.” Kenny, one of rugby league’s all-time greats, also told critics to drop off Moses. “If it doesn’t happen on the field for Parramatta, Moses is the one that gets the blame,” Kenny said. “The halfback is the player everyone seems to notice and Moses gets singled out because he’s the halfback. “He can’t do everything. The other guys have got to start to take a lot of responsibility as well. It’s not just the halfback – he’s not the only one in the team. It’s a tough position to be in but if you’re wearing the number seven jumper you have to cop some. He knows he is the one going to get bagged but he has to live with it.” Hall of Fame winger Grothe added: “I think Moses is a great player. You’re only as good as the team around you. The criticism is unfair – the other 12 players are doing something too. “I ignore the criticism (of Moses). It’s very easy to sit on the sidelines and critique and say to someone in a pub that a player is s..t or doesn’t go all that good under pressure. It’s easier said than done and he’s been busting his gut all year.”
And champion former Eels forward Peter Wynn said: “He is going to be scrutinised and the criticism is unfair, 100 per cent. He is probably prone to criticism given he has such an important role in the club. People look for any opportunity to attack him. “He has to absorb it and turn the negativity into a positive. Criticism comes to all the good players. “Mitchell has all the pressure of steering Parramatta around the field. He is the bloke the opposition would be targeting. But I think he is resilient and will only get better and better as the games progress into the finals. “Everyone is sitting back watching what the Eels are doing and he is in a hot position. He has so much responsibility.”

Avenger

Immortal
Eels great unite to launch stirring and powerful defence of Mitchell Moses

Parramatta legends from the golden 1980s have united to launch a powerful defence of vilified Eels halfback Mitch Moses just a week out from the NRL finals. Mick Cronin, Brett Kenny, Peter Wynn and Eric Grothe have joined together — as they when they won four premierships during the 1980s — to tell critics of Moses to lay-off. A polarising figure, Moses has again come under fire for his performances towards the end of the season despite having led Parramatta into the top four with just round one remaining. And the scrutiny on Moses will intensify this Saturday night with Parramatta having to beat his former club the Wests Tigers to nail down a top-four finish. The game will also pit Moses against the great Benji Marshall, playing his final game for Wests Tigers. Moses will feel added pressure until injured five-eighth Dylan Brown returns, hopefully in round two of the finals. “There are some players they (fans and critics) expect to be superstars every week – and Moses seems to be one of those. It’s not that easy to perform at that level every game,” Cronin said. “If he’s not playing outstanding, he is one of those players they like to bag. They just don’t seem to forgive him for one bad game. Others players have bad games but get away with it. But if Moses has a bad game, or a flat period, they target him.
“He’s an easy target for the fans. They don’t allow him to have an average game. They seem to give it to him. “Other blokes seem to ride out criticism but as soon as he (Moses) has an off game, they all seem to target him. You have to allow players some flat spots. Moses had a (knee) injury too, something everyone seems to have forgotten.” Kenny, one of rugby league’s all-time greats, also told critics to drop off Moses. “If it doesn’t happen on the field for Parramatta, Moses is the one that gets the blame,” Kenny said. “The halfback is the player everyone seems to notice and Moses gets singled out because he’s the halfback. “He can’t do everything. The other guys have got to start to take a lot of responsibility as well. It’s not just the halfback – he’s not the only one in the team. It’s a tough position to be in but if you’re wearing the number seven jumper you have to cop some. He knows he is the one going to get bagged but he has to live with it.” Hall of Fame winger Grothe added: “I think Moses is a great player. You’re only as good as the team around you. The criticism is unfair – the other 12 players are doing something too. “I ignore the criticism (of Moses). It’s very easy to sit on the sidelines and critique and say to someone in a pub that a player is s..t or doesn’t go all that good under pressure. It’s easier said than done and he’s been busting his gut all year.”
And champion former Eels forward Peter Wynn said: “He is going to be scrutinised and the criticism is unfair, 100 per cent. He is probably prone to criticism given he has such an important role in the club. People look for any opportunity to attack him. “He has to absorb it and turn the negativity into a positive. Criticism comes to all the good players. “Mitchell has all the pressure of steering Parramatta around the field. He is the bloke the opposition would be targeting. But I think he is resilient and will only get better and better as the games progress into the finals. “Everyone is sitting back watching what the Eels are doing and he is in a hot position. He has so much responsibility.”
I wonder what Sterling thinks? On the other hand, Cronk who’s opinion I respect reckons he is badly out of form and needs to get back to basics.

Delboy

First Grade
The most noise is made by salty Tigpies fans who invade every social media blog incessantly about Moses , even Matterson to a lesser extent.

Like most 7s, when the forwards provide time and space he is what we need, when the forwards don’t play the game as we saw in the first 10 rounds or so, we get some off performances we are seeing currently. Coupled with having a 6 outside him that doesn’t kick or seek to take the line on, it gets even tougher.

T.S Quint

Coach
I actually think the criticism of Moses has been fair. He is really out of form.
I just think that he shouldn’t be he only one copping all the criticism. How many in the media have talked about Sivo’s lack of form? Or Lane?

Gronk

Staff member
I actually think the criticism of Moses has been fair. He is really out of form.
I just think that he shouldn’t be he only one copping all the criticism. How many in the media have talked about Sivo’s lack of form? Or Lane?

Harsh when Mitch is on his Pat Malone with a nuffy 5/8 and no other tackle 5 option.

84 Baby

Referee
The Beetroot with Eyes made mention of criticism by fans of Sivo

Latest posts