What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Tronald Crump

Juniors
4gipne.jpg

Kilkenny

Coach
Good on Matt Elliot getting another gig in coaching. Have to say, a little surprising given he has been out of the game (coaching wise) for 6 years but pleased for him. He has a highly successful ‘Leadership’ business that he fronts so he is likely taking a drop on money to get back into coaching given running leadership forums pitched at corporate enterprises can earn significant incomes. In my former life/career we had an ex SAS soldier attend a Leadership Course I was undertaking at the time and fee bill for his nights work was $3,500 and expenses. (This was over 10 years ago). Speaking with him over a few beers he had a full five days work in Sydney so doing the maths he was earning in the vicinity of $17,500 for his week in Sydney (he was based out of Adelaide) and not having to dip into his pocket for anything.

I actually don’t mind Elliot’s comments when he talks footy with Sowie. He does make some good observations. Though a part of me thinks, “Where was this insight 10 years ago?!?”

I actually don’t mind Elliot’s comments when he talks footy with Sowie. He does make some good observations. Though a part of me thinks, “Where was this insight 10 years ago?!?”

He has a good analytical brain. I have listened to him in the past of how he interprets things on the field. He breaks things done well.
I don't think that was his weakness at club level.

The_Frog

First Grade
Announced on the Nine coverage last night but not on Fox- the death of foundation Panther Laurie Fagan. Played for Balmain Tigers before us, as did half our foundation side. His Wikipedia entry records him as our first captain but I don't recall that to be the case. He took over from Tony Brown sometime during that 1967 season. A compact halfback with quite considerable skills in the dare I say it, Nathan Cleary mould, he was very often targeted by opposition forwards who saw belting him as a means of dimininshing the threat he posed. Little doubt that he was our star player in the very early days, along with Bob Landers when he was on. RIP.

Waqa Blake played a terrible game tonight. Found out in defence several times, missing in attack.

Say what you want about Naden but he's ahead in 2020 for sure.

Waqa is a shadow of his former self. I was concerned initially when the club decided to let him go but Naden, despite his shortcomings, has softened that blow tremendously. Has Naden scored more tries than Waqa this year?

Exsilium

First Grade
Waqa is a shadow of his former self. I was concerned initially when the club decided to let him go but Naden, despite his shortcomings, has softened that blow tremendously. Has Naden scored more tries than Waqa this year?

The Eels defensive structure is all wrong. Each time the storm went wide, he was found in no mans land.

Ah well, he wanted out, hes out and he can reap what he sows.

mxlegend99

Referee
Waqa had a terrible game. But Brent Naden was not any better than him this week. He was easily our worst player.

But it was his first finals match. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes. He wasnt the only one to make stupid decisions... But his penalty from the kick off was just terrible. Not often you see players make that mistake.

Moylan off to the Dogs?!?

https://www.nospam21.com/incoming-bulldogs-coach-eyeing-off-cronulla-trio-nrl-79610/?fbclid=IwAR26zp1vUnuFYjOndYJ1WDP6fetZiFSfx0Yu78OqZcQN6teNwLt4f3GhooU

Incoming Bulldogs coach eyeing off Cronulla trio
Canterbury have identified several players to lure to Belmore.
[URL='https://www.zerotackle.com/author/ecarmine/']
BY
ED CARMINE

-
STAFF WRITER
OCTOBER 7, 2020

Look out, Cronulla. Incoming Canterbury coach
Trent Barrett could be set to raid your talent.

After identifying the need for a new half, middle forward and an outside back, Barrett and the Bulldogs are likely to have Matt Moylan, Aaron Woods and Josh Dugan in their sights.

ADVERTISEMENT
With the trio not only meeting the struggling club’s needs, they will also collectively become free agents as of November 1st.

With the ball still in their court, Cronulla will have to assess their salary cap position before recommitting to the star triad.

As many clubs across the league have yet to recommit to a plethora of their players, the Bulldogs are currently eyeing the market before pouncing on any prospective prey.

A report from Matt Logue of The Australian has suggested that Canterbury are also keen to secure the services of Penrith Panther Matt Burton.

ADVERTISEMENT
However, this signing seems unlikely, as Burton is not only on contract until the end of next season, but the Dogs will need to wait until November before approaching the playmaker, as per the league’s free agency laws.

Should Burton remain with the minor premiers, Canterbury may be be forced to explore secondary options such as Drew Hutchison, Jaeman Salmon and Tyrone Roberts.

Having already parted ways with Kieran Foranand club stalwart Aiden Tolman, the Bulldogs are desperate to add some bite back to their roster.

Despite securing the services of Nick Cotricand Corey Waddell, the search continues for a front row partner for Englishman Luke Thompson. The names of Brisbane’s Matt Lodge and Jack Bird have been bandied.

In what is certain to be the busiest off-season at Belmore in recent memory, expect Barrett to also enquire about the multitude of veterans such as Dale Copley, Gerard Bealeand Jordan Kahu who are all currently out of contract.

[/URL]

Latest posts