What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Wait you want to move one of the games best fullbacks out his preferred position and put in a rookie in the spine ? Have you even seen him play fullback ?

Dane Laurie is rated better at fullback...
Staines would be a good wing option.
Not at 500k reported to of asked. Maybe 250k

hindy111

Post Whore
Blake is a big body and good tackler. He just doesnt read things that well. It isn't like this can't be fixed. A lot different if he was bad at tackling and slow. It just a few poor reads. I actualy think the last 4 or 5 games he has been heaps improved.

Noise

Coach
Blake is a big body and good tackler. He just doesnt read things that well. It isn't like this can't be fixed. A lot different if he was bad at tackling and slow. It just a few poor reads. I actualy think the last 4 or 5 games he has been heaps improved.
He was terrible defensively against the Tigers.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our backline is already set. Our starting 5 would be on too much $$ to have as backups.
Unless we can move some on.

For me it would be Sivo. Fergo does hard yards and makes meters. We need to find someone fast.
On flip side we probably have the games fastest halves and one of the quickest 2nd rowers.
Lane looks better in the middle. He is to slow to bust the line. I'd be trying to find a 2nd rower personaly and a wing.
Unsure how our cap is or who we need to give the tap and try and move on.

hindy111

Post Whore
He was terrible defensively against the Tigers.

I'd have to re watch. Sometimes overlaps are not the centers fault.

Sivo is different as he wonder around and doesnt get a sense of where the ball is going. Comes in for no reason. His sense for the game is garbage.

Look at a small guy like Alex Johnson. He just knows where to be. Makes his job easier.

84 Baby

Referee
I'd have to re watch. Sometimes overlaps are not the centers fault.

Sivo is different as he wonder around and doesnt get a sense of where the ball is going. Comes in for no reason. His sense for the game is garbage.

Look at a small guy like Alex Johnson. He just knows where to be. Makes his job easier.
Overlaps are almost never the centre’s fault

Gronk

Staff member

You can teach defensive reads. You can't teach size and speed.

T.S Quint

Coach

Good tackler?
His tackling technique is shocking. Absolute arm grabber.

Noise

Coach
The problem is when it comes to the slide our wingers don't trust our centres. I feel like plenty of times the centre has his opposite covered but the winger doesn't think so and leaves too much space outside.
The other problem is Waqa runs out of the line and consistently gets no one. I reckon that contributes to trust issues between Fergo and Blake ou our right hand side.

As for the left, I think Sivo is just not footy smart, which is why he often comes in when Jennings has his man covered.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This will continue our current system.
I'd target guys under 20 with potential. 17-20ylds. And back ups should be guys who are good enough to be in our under 20s side and maybe NSW cup.
Every club is targeting these guys to the point where the best ones (e.g. Dylan Brown) are in the top 17 before their 20th birthday. Plenty of them are in the top 30 as soon as they turn 18. If they're not on development contracts by the time they finish Flegg they have basically been written off (by every club) as potential first graders.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Waller,Carl webb,Ben Robert's,Whatuira....
The list goes on...Doesn't work.
It does work. They're just not going to turn a shit club into a good one but they add experience. These guys were all signed by clubs who made the finals. If we'd signed any of them the usual idiots would've gone off the sarcasm scale:

Earl
Leutele
Hall
Morris
Morris
SBW
Glasby
Green
McCullough
Goodwin

The only risk is that they get injured.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many young players with inexperience do you need in the squad?

We already have rookies / youngsters Dunster , Hughes and Schneider, a back / forward/ spine player who are all good chance of playing NRL next year (2 are already confirmed top 30).
Sam Hughes is confirmed top 30. Which is the other one?

hindy111

Post Whore
It does work. They're just not going to turn a shit club into a good one but they add experience. These guys were all signed by clubs who made the finals. If we'd signed any of them the usual idiots would've gone off the sarcasm scale:

Earl
Leutele
Hall
Morris
Morris
SBW
Glasby
Green
McCullough
Goodwin

The only risk is that they get injured.

We signed those bumps as starters.
As back ups they fine.

Roache,Cartwright would be two I would like at right price.