What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

simmo05

Bench
I think this revelation confirms that Creeping Jesus has been a bad influence on the game as a whole.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F564574e5-cb0f-44ce-b322-27988c5321c5
He knew Jimmy the Jet had a drug problem, didn't he?

AJB1102

First Grade
Of course it gets dropped now while theres a focus on RL and Souths. If you're selling ice cream you don't wait till winter. No way this story gets as much attention and chins wagging in the off season.

Valheru

Coach
Who gives a f**k when or why it was released now. Save this RL 'woe is me' shit, if this merkin's done what he is alleged to have done, string him up. Piece of shit.

This

The media will be the media and release it when they think it will garner the most views. Reprehensible it may be but they aren't the ones who committed the alleged actions.

no name

Coach
Poor form from the paper commenting on the dv case that is already known.
Isn’t Burgess contracted to News? Don’t know how much longer that will last now, whichever way the cases pan out.

Poor form from the paper commenting on the dv case that is already known.
Isn’t Burgess contracted to News? Don’t know how much longer that will last now, whichever way the cases pan out.

Maybe the Roosters will rehabilitate him? ;-)

Who gives a f**k when or why it was released now. Save this RL 'woe is me' shit, if this merkin's done what he is alleged to have done, string him up. Piece of shit.

Cannot agree with you more. The game will survive.

The fans need to start calling on the game to do more about the attitudes toward women from players in the game (this is not to suggest all players are the same and hold the same attitude.)

Those covering/condoning/endorsing this behaviour should go to the wall also.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Very serious allegations, will be interesting to see how the NRL will handle it.

I cannot judge until we get the full picture but no doubt this will end up in court, whether the story is true or false.

Generalzod

Immortal
Very serious allegations, will be interesting to see how the NRL will handle it.

I cannot judge until we get the full picture but no doubt this will end up in court, whether the story is true or false.
Massive cover ups apparently lol

some11

Referee
Some very heavy allegations there. For that sort of public whipping to have made it past the Aussie's legal team you'd think there'd have to be some serious evidence available (I believe the article makes reference to NSW Police statements.)
I don't think anyone doubts the story.

The timing is what gets my goat. How long have they been sitting on this. Why wait.

Report it straight to police.

some11

Referee
Because they could have done something about it much earlier.

Again, why wait?

some11

Referee
The fans need to start calling on the game to do more about the attitudes toward women from players in the game (this is not to suggest all players are the same and hold the same attitude.)

Those covering/condoning/endorsing this behaviour should go to the wall also.
The game has let women bashers off the hook time and time again.

How are fans supposed to fix that if the game doesn't deregister them. Half the problem is clubs end up paying hush money for the partner to stay quiet.

At least Burgess' wife has some people willing to stand up for her and say enough is enough.