What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Rabbitohs v Knights

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
14 points really wasn’t enough of a lead for Mitch to get stuck into Cody Walker and fire him up.

That’s when it all turned. We could have just kept the pressure on them and let our play dominate them.

We’ve been absolutely schooled. Again.

Really sucks how we finish our game/season so softly.

Some really bad performances today, excluding the first 10 minutes.

It's actually disgusting overall, as soon as it became a fight we had no answers. 40 unanswered points is inexcusable.
Same as we have all season. We have not beaten a single side that has put up a fight. We're the epitome of a flat track bully. If the opposition doesn't lay down and die, we do.

Imo, there are as many problems with the club now as there were at this time last season. We have regressed every week from the Canberra game.

Knight Vision

First Grade
And that sums up Mitchell Pearce perfectly. Pressure and needed to step up, makes the mistake and the head drops and away goes the opposition to score..........

right there is the frailty in our leadership that sets the culture

Alex28

Coach
That was an anomaly, don't even try to compare their kicking games.

32 unanswered points in a final - lovely.
All Pearce’s fault right.

I mean, tackling is pretty easy. Mitch Barnett has missed a bunch of them.

Who is telling him how shit he is and how easy it is?

The game isn’t f**king easy. Stop pretending it is.

K-Man

Bench
I mean, if it’s that easy we have 16 other guys out there who can kick.

Why aren’t they having a go?

This logic makes no sense whatsoever so if you can’t see that the problem is the fact our halfback and captain can’t do it then it’s pointless arguing with you.

perverse

Referee
14 points really wasn’t enough of a lead for Mitch to get stuck into Cody Walker and fire him up.

That’s when it all turned. We could have just kept the pressure on them and let our play dominate them.

We’ve been absolutely schooled. Again.
We're so dumb and soft in so many different ways. Hard to single out 1 moment or one reason why this happens,

K-Man

Bench

The old “well you couldn’t do any better!” argument. It’s literally not our jobs to do any better. It’s Pearce’s job. And he’s useless at it.

And that sums up Mitchell Pearce perfectly. Pressure and needed to step up, makes the mistake and the head drops and away goes the opposition to score..........

right there is the frailty in our leadership that sets the culture
Right. The interview the other day with him, Best and Saifiti was a prime example of this. He acted like a child. He sets the standard for all of those young guys and that's the total opposite of what we need.

Surely AOB knows this from his time at the Roosters.

Jono078

Referee

Never said it's all Pearce's fault.

Never said anything about tackling.

Never said it's easy.

If you can't acknowledge that his kicking game has been up to shit this year then I don't know what to tell you.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You're right. There are a lot of players who just straight up aren't interested enough to make good contact. A lot of other players who are heavily overrated not only by the media but also us. Imo, the roster isn't nearly as good as most think.
We have a good roster, yes we're missing some crucial positions ( 5/8 being one )

Anytime you have 40 put on you the team simply isnt mentally strong. There's a weakness at a leadership level.

Alex28

Coach
The old “well you couldn’t do any better!” argument. It’s literally not our jobs to do any better. It’s Pearce’s job. And he’s useless at it.
Maybe you’ll put your hand up as an assistant coach for the club? Demonstrate how easy it is to him?

If you just said he was shit - I can cop that. But you were talking about how easy you think it is.

So, walk the walk champ.

Spot On

Coach
Great opening 20 mins.

And that there in is Obrien's challenge.

Why... and what to do with the roster to be more competitive. That's the job now.

He inherited most of this list and it needs major alterations.

We need some aggression in the pack (more than 20 mins worth) and some brains in the halves.

Alex28

Coach
Never said it's all Pearce's fault.

Never said anything about tackling.

Never said it's easy.

If you can't acknowledge that his kicking game has been up to shit this year then I don't know what to tell you.
I just can’t cop people here who struggle to spell telling professional footballers how easy the game is.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Right. The interview the other day with him, Best and Saifiti was a prime example of this. He acted like a child. He sets the standard for all of those young guys and that's the total opposite of what we need.

Surely AOB knows this from his time at the Roosters.
My thoughts exactly, Pearce is mentally fragile this is well known fact.

A leader should never be a mental midget. They lead the way in every aspect of the culture and approach to the game ... they set the tone

We expect too much from Pearce , more than what he is capable of

Spot On

Coach
Maybe you’ll put your hand up as an assistant coach for the club? Demonstrate how easy it is to him?

If you just said he was shit - I can cop that. But you were talking about how easy you think it is.

So, walk the walk champ.

Nearly 50 points against us in a sudden death semi.

We definitely need some help.

Jono078

Referee
I just can’t cop people here who struggle to spell telling professional footballers how easy the game is.
Absolutely not easy! If it were we wouldn't be in a 19 year drought.

But we gotta be honest and identify certain shortcomings and benchmarks and make the necessary adjustments to put ourselves in the best position.

Pearce may come back better next year but this year he was very average in defense and kicking, leadership up for debate too. No harm in asking the questions and I'm sure the club is too, hence why he hasn't been re-signed just yet for a further season.